Old 03-31-2012, 12:31 PM #22
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenballer View Post
i assume a freak kit is still a great investment? or is there a better barrel kit out there? for under $200 lol
for my extcy i have the old empire kit. 6 piece set+16 inch tip for 30 bucks.

for the most part the kits shoot the same. but cp and freak are my 2 personal picks. the kits are really expensive so i would go used. make sure its on the ion threads though
Old 03-31-2012, 01:08 PM #23
postman1
Reservoir Dogs

You can just get the deadlywind fibur barrel if you want to save some $$$. They use the same inserts and is much lighter!

-- Proudly Sponsored By --
GOG - Luxe - Valken - QuickShot - Virtue - FogDoc - TechT - DeadlyWind - Anthrax
postman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:01 PM #24
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
a smooth shot is a mix between the lack of kick it has and its consistency. so you could say a tippmann or autococker is smooth if you get straight shots off since there is 0 kick on it due to the weight. a pretty good way to judge the smoothness of a marker with no human error (if you want to) is hook it up to a rig that holds the gun in place and take shots at a board x feet away, the closer your extremes are, the "smoother" the shot.
A smooth shot is generally based on the user but is usually measure by the barrel rise on the gun. There are many videos called kick test where a user will hold the gun by the rear most part, behind the frame and pull the trigger. By balancing the gun on a finger essentially, you will see how far the barrel tip will rise from each shot. Yes, in general a smoother shot is not as efficient an vice versa
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:30 PM #25
brokenballer
im tha SNOman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
A smooth shot is generally based on the user but is usually measure by the barrel rise on the gun. There are many videos called kick test where a user will hold the gun by the rear most part, behind the frame and pull the trigger. By balancing the gun on a finger essentially, you will see how far the barrel tip will rise from each shot. Yes, in general a smoother shot is not as efficient an vice versa
in some situations i guess i can imagine why the rise of the barrel would be a problem, but i think for me efficiency is more important.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:37 AM #26
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
^^ well that is the trade off. If you have to hold a lane at 12.5 bps and your barrel likes to rise up it gets difficult. I like efficient too though
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:29 PM #27
BreakShot

Eyes

Does the eXTCy take the same eyes as the ion did? I have some Hater ones that I will take out of my ion when I sell it so I can put them in the eXTCy I am going to buy.
BreakShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:47 AM #28
GOG Paintball
http://g1og.com

GOG Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakShot View Post
Does the eXTCy take the same eyes as the ion did? I have some Hater ones that I will take out of my ion when I sell it so I can put them in the eXTCy I am going to buy.
No, The Extcy takes a wired eye not a board ion. I think virtue makes colored eyes for the extcy. Thanks
GOG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:04 PM #29
Punisher068

Great idea for a thread.This will help alot of players with questions
Could you do something similar for the SP1 and G1?
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:32 PM #30
SquirtingLlama

Just bought the extcy. Is the TechT l7 bolt worth the extra money?
SquirtingLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:32 PM #31
SquirtingLlama

And is the 360 QEV another recommended upgrade?
SquirtingLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:38 PM #32
Punisher068

If you like the gun enough to keep it around for awhile definitely
The shot quality all around will be improved ie sound,kick,efficiency,ROF
Best to pair it with a QEV at the same time as you'll have to adjust the pressure and dwell for either upgrade.Get a set of spring detents while you have it apart also,a very cheap upgrade that's often overlooked.Hustle PB had some good cheap ones recently
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:55 AM #33
FizzleWizzle1

Its a good intermediate gun, which means you like to play but you don't want to use a tippman and you don't want to spend $1000+ on a high end marker. I got mine for cheap, got a couple upgrades for it, it shoots good and is easy to clean. If you get the qev ($30) and L7 Bolt ($50) it makes a difference, you shoot better and more consistent since stock the dwell is on 33 and you pretty much cut that in half to 17. I never really got any kick from this gun because its heavier then most pb guns but its still pretty manageable. It can do 20+ bps with upgrades which is more then enough for tournaments which are usually capped at 12.5-13.5.....another thing I liked about this gun is the blackheart board, once you get the hang of it you can pretty much change any setting you want from bps to dwell. Some people on here are saying to upgrade your barrel but the stock one is fine, you don't need to go out and shell out $130 for a barrel kit, get a rotor/spire and a good 68/4500 tank before you get a barrel. Also to note, this gun does not take cheap batteries, I would suggest getting some high mAh rechargeable 9v batteries, I put a brand new cheap battery in it, test fired it and it worked, went to the field and my gun didn't fire, I took it apart and cleaned it trying to figure out what was wrong, didn't think it was the brand new battery I just bought but after I switched it to a energizer it worked fine.
FizzleWizzle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:15 AM #34
TheGooderPlayer

I agree with fizzlewizzle1 on the batteries. I recommend gog rechargeables. They are 700 mah instead of 175ish like the energizer rechargeables at walmart. Really helps your extcy run like it's suppose to.
TheGooderPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:21 AM #35
TheGooderPlayer

Also another thing you could add to the differences, though I'm not sure if it matters, the bolt stop in the Ion is different from the extcy. however, it's the same in the extcy as the ion xe. Again, it's a very small diffference, just a lil lip, so I'm not sure if this would ever cause a problem.
TheGooderPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:07 PM #36
walt1127

walt1127 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i was looking into getting an extcy this was extremely informative
walt1127 is offline   Reply With Quote