PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-31-2012, 07:52 AM #1
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Reannodizing

I have 2 guns I want to get it anodized. So I have a few questions having never done this before.

1. I assume that the old anno is chemically stripped off first inside and out. Doesn't that damage the polished internal surfaces and possibly erode them?

2. Can I get just the outside of the gun anodized so that the internals are preserved?

3. If the gun is currently gloss and I want it dust, how it that accomplished?

4. Can I assume that most places have some standard colors they use or will they color match?

5. How much money can I expect to fork out to get an entire gun anno'd in a single color?

6. If there are dings in the parts can they be filled or buffed out? In other words I would like to take an older gun that shoots well and have it look pristine and new.

7. Are there differences in how well anodizing is done? What is good and what is bad anodizing? I'm looking for durability more than I am looking for pretty color schemes

8. Can someone give me a few recommendations of good places to get my guns redone at?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2012, 02:17 PM #2
maloneoni
The Ronin

http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=270

This would be a better place to post this.