arabpb is for the Gunfight
Pros and Cons

what are the pros and cons of 50 cal i wan to know if its worth switching
arabpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2012, 11:47 PM #2
HA-Y-N.paint

straight up 50 cal doesnt shoot as far as .68, though if you play agressive and are always up front 50 cal isnt such a bad choice.

also if someone is use to getting hit by .68, getting hit by a 50 is like getting brushed, so a lot of players ignore that sort of thing, so if when youre playing just make sure people know you're using 50 cal and to just check if you actually shot em.

id get into 50 cal myself but id like to get a gun i could convert to both instead of buying completely seperate guns. like an ego(9 or newer) or etek3 and buy the conversion kit.

GO DEEP OR GO SLEEP!!!

pump, ramp, or snap, just play
HA-Y-N.paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:52 PM #3
HA-Y-N.paint

oh also you have a lot more rounds in 50 cal than .68, hopper goes from like around 200 in .68 to like 300+ in 50 cal. not to mention 50 is a lot cheaper than .68, the expensive 50 cal costs the same as box of midgrade .68. plus they give you 4000 rounds compared to 2000.

GO DEEP OR GO SLEEP!!!

pump, ramp, or snap, just play
HA-Y-N.paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:07 PM #4
EGGSwithaB
Sure

EGGSwithaB has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Was just another idea to plunge pb into a pitch black hole
EGGSwithaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:23 PM #5
custar

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabpb View Post
what are the pros and cons of 50 cal i wan to know if its worth switching
There are already quite a few threads in this subforum that delineate the pros and cons of .50. Just read those, and you will have all the information you desire on the subject.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:35 AM #6
jaggar

Any time I read a question about 50 cal vs 68 cal it's always about using only one or the other. Here is the way I look at it. Don't get rid of your 68 cal stuff and only use 50 cal. The convenience advantages to 68 cal are astronomical over the 50 cal because of popularity. For example, you only bring your 50 cal marker to a scenario game, you bring your own paint, say 2 cases. You have a blast, but end up running out of paint half way through the game. well guess what you CANT buy any more if they don't carry it. Or lets say you blew an o-ring on your bolt, if you don't have that size o-ring, chances are less likely that the field owners will have one for a 50 cal than a 68 cal.

Now that said, i think 50 cal is a great alternative 68 if you want to switch up your play style. 50 cal is great for suppressive fire because you get more shots per hopper. It's also nicer for players who like to get into the grit and guts of combat where taking time to reload can take you out of the game.

I don't think it's a wise idea to permanently limit yourself to the lesser available caliber especially when there are disadvantages.

If you don't have money, I wouldn't recommend getting into 50 caliber, but if you got plenty of cash to burn it would be nice to own a 50 caliber setup along side your normal 68 caliber gear, and switch to 50 caliber whenever it best suites your mission or play style at that time.
jaggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:42 PM #7
cspletter182

I like jagger's statement. I don't think for my playing style I'd get into 50 cal though, if I had more money and time I'd be up for switching but when I play I want consistency with the distance and flight I'm use to
cspletter182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:09 PM #8
tthhi

Does the seam matter? One would think that on a smaller ball the seam would be relatively larger than on a .68 ball.

My youtube channel. Please subscribe, all OC!
tthhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:08 PM #9
custar

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthhi View Post
Does the seam matter? One would think that on a smaller ball the seam would be relatively larger than on a .68 ball.
How much the seam affects flight has a lot to do with how prominent the seam is. The less is protrudes (as is usually the case with higher-quality paint), the less it affects flight. Think of it like the seams on a baseball.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:57 PM #10
808_PB

808_PB supports Team VICIOUS
808_PB supports Team VICIOUS
808_PB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
808_PB is attending Decay of Nations VI
mmm what to try 50 cal sometime
808_PB is offline   Reply With Quote