Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-06-2012, 09:39 PM #1
Whitefreeze11

Question Chest protectors?????

Not wanting anyone to take anything from this just wanted to know how the sport has changed.....
I've seen on many websites that Chest protectors have really come along way from the old days. I was just wondering are these still considered wimp jackets or are they a good investment.

Also I've been told speedball players have taken a liking to them because they create more bounces.... with that statement in mind does it work and are they using it for that? and then are they legal in tournament play?

Please give feedback on questions asked... This is not a pad bashing thread, (thats more than likely what I would've done back in the day)

5 years Speedball Tournament Play Team Havoc, and Team Hysteria

4 years with Scenario Team Old Men and Heavy Weights

13 years combined Paintball experience
Whitefreeze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2012, 01:29 AM #2
xAK47xSAx

xAK47xSAx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xAK47xSAx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xAK47xSAx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've been wondering sorta the same thing and this is the conclusion i came up with. chest protectors are for the younger and scared new paintball players for the most part. what i have noticed though are the undershirts that are like underarmor material but have padding built into it where your jersey may not have padding. i.e. chest, rib cage, shoulders.

i thought it would be a good idea to get a padded undershirt, combined with elbow pads and jersey padding would create more bounces which I'm sure it would. I then was reading the psp and nppl tournament manuals/rule books and it states in the rule book that ur padding may not be over 5mm or cm thick ( can't remember which one) and ur undershirt cannot have any padding or be thick, just regular tshirts. With that being said i don't think they are a good idea anymore because i wouldn't want to learn how to play with it on and then be forced to not use it if i were to go to psp or nppl. and throw off my game by not getting as many bounces.

But then again they have there uses i.e. woods ball or scenario play where there aren't padding restrictions i believe.

my 2cents.

"Don't take pauses bc that's when you take loses" - J. Connor

Etek 3 AM - All black, Zick 2, Cure 3+.
Ego 09 - Light Blue with Light Pink Accents, Stock, Working on Zick 2, Cure 4+.
xAK47xSAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:15 PM #3
tyskidmore3
Thats not my name

tyskidmore3 plays in the PSP
tyskidmore3 helped look for balloons
tyskidmore3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
tyskidmore3 supports DLX Technology
NPPL's rule book LAST year allowed chest protecting under shirts. The new rule book for 2012 only allows female players. I say chest protectors are a good investment if you play recball, scenario or are a female player. It protects you from the pain full shots we all get to the chest, back and shoulders. I use mine when i ref so I don't have to take all of the abuse.