View Poll Results: What marker would you choose
Dye DM12 10 16.13%
Planet Eclipse ego 11 26 41.94%
Luxe 2.0 26 41.94%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2012, 03:13 AM #22
rkenders
Northern Colorado

First off you are NEW to PB so don't buy the high end stuff as your first gun. You will have more gun than you will be able to appreciate or be able to maintain. Get a midrange gun such as a Proto Reflex or Macdev Drone DX. I own both and like the Drone DX best. You won't find them lacking in functionality and will cost you half or less than that Luxe you tried out. If you are interested in a poppet style gun try the Empire Axe or Etek 3. They are both mid range guns and will exceed your expectations.

I strongly urge you to NOT go blow a ton of money on a high end gun. The performance differences between high end and mid range guns is not huge and generally hard to justify for the recreational or new player. The price difference of a new Tippmann and a Drone is about $300-$400 and is well worth it. The price difference between a Drone DX and a Luxe or Ego is another $500+ and the improvement difference is far less than is the difference between the Tippmann and the Drone DX. Pretty much in my opinion, high end guns are fine for tourney players or for people who have too little common sense and too much disposable income. I'm not the best player on the planet, but usually I'm one of the last people to walk off the field and that's because the game ended, not because I got shot out. I have yet to need anything better than my Drone DX.

Expensive things that will matter to you now and that you will always appreciate is a good loader such as the Dye Rotor.

Last edited by rkenders : 03-30-2012 at 03:23 AM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement