4.07 Player Rankings
All player rankings are determined by the players status as of January 01st of the current yearʼs season whether they have previously played the NPPL series or any other National or International series.
(1) A “Pro Player” is a player that has been on the roster of an NPPL or other National or International Professional Team in the past 10 years,
or a or International Professional Semi-Pro team in the past 10 years.
(2) A “D1 Player”. Anyone who has played or has been on the roster of a D1 Team in two D1 Tournaments or has been on the roster of a National D2 series championship team.
(3) A “D2 Player” is a player that has played or has been on the roster of a D2 Team in two D2 Tournaments or has been on the roster of a National D3 series championship team.
4.08 Changes to Player Status. Player status is based on playing history dating back to the
2003. Any player may request reclassification. Any Pro player can be reclassified down 1 division (with approval from the league); the player cannot play Division 2 at anytime. A $50 USD fee will apply to all applications. (Regardless of the outcome of the decision), by visiting www.nationalpaintballplayers.com
<http://www.nationalpaintballplayers.com>. Playerʼs who think they have been unfairly ranked in a National paintball series other than the NPPL may apply for re-classification for no charge; a $50.00 deposit must be paid at the time of application. The fee will be refunded no matter what the outcome.
4.09 Inter-Divisional Play.
(1) Any player may be on a Pro team roster
(2) D1 may have unlimited D1 players and up to 2 Pro or Semi-Pro players
(3) D2 may have all D2 players, two D1 players and no Pro or Semi-Pro players
Straight from the rules...of NPPL RULE BOOK.