As many of you know Nationals is just around the corner! With this wonderful time of year also comes the necessary pain of enrollment verification. Please begin by reading the below summary regarding eligibility. Following the summary is a detailed description of what you must do in order to be eligible to participate in Nationals.
ELIGIBILITY RULE SUMMARY:
(Complete rules regarding player eligibility and team eligibility can be found in the NCPA Rulebook
ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION FOR THE 2012 NCPA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS:
- College – All players must be currently enrolled as full-time undergraduate or graduate students. Players on the same team must attend the same college or university (this generally means the school or campuses must have the same admission process, tuition, degrees awarded, etc).
- An exception to full-time student status may be available; consult the NCPA rulebook for specific options.
- IF IN DOUBT about eligibility, get it cleared BEFORE you get to the tournament!
- High School – All players on a team must be students at the same high school or junior high school. Junior high school players from the same school district are permitted on high school teams.
- Each player must request 2 copies of enrollment verification* from their university. The copies must be official and unopened. They must show the number of credits you are taking and your current enrollment status (as of March 1, 2012).
- *All Class A Universities offer Enrollment Verification services, albeit they are occasionally under different names.
- Your team must compile one copy from every player into a single envelope.
- Mail the envelope to: NCPA Enrollment Verification, 1110 Fidler Lane Apt 719, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- It must be received by Wed, April 11, 2012 (overnight it, if you must).
- Each player must submit the second copy to NCPA Staff during event check-in.
- Each player must furnish a Student ID and government-issued photo ID with birth date to NCPA Staff during event check-in.
- If you cannot furnish a student ID, you may furnish one of the following in order to prove current full-time enrollment: unopened enrollment verification from the university, unopened official transcript, unopened letter on school letterhead signed by a school administrator, or current class schedule displayed on the university website.
- Student IDs with dates are preferred. Any student may be asked to show proof of current status by showing their current schedule on their university website, or may be verified against national databases of student status.
High Schools should follow the instructions for Class AA.
Failure to provide proof of current full-time enrollment for each player may result in the ineligibility of players.
The information you provide will be checked against your APPA Roster, so please ensure they match to avoid any discrepancies at the event. Be aware that all players listed on the APPA roster (and are checking in) will be required to sign a release authorizing the NCPA to contact your respective universities to confirm any information that relates to player eligibility.
Any attempt to falsify the eligibility of a player or team will result in a lifetime suspension from NCPA events for all players involved, as well as potential disciplinary action against the offending team.
NCPA will be performing spot-checks throughout the event to ensure that players are in fact currently enrolled as full-time undergraduate or graduate students at the same college or university. Players may be asked to provide supplemental documentation after the event, and those unable to do so will be deemed ineligible. If you are not sure, please ask in advance.
If you have a question, please re-read this thread. If you are still unsure, review the NCPA Rulebook
. If your question remains unanswered, email your question to: NCPAenroll@gmail.com