Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-27-2012, 07:57 AM #1
exrx

HPA Carbon Fiber Tank for Angel Speed

Just bought this '05 Angel Speed and played with it this past weekend. The only problem I have is that the damn thing is so heavy with the steel tank compared to those guns with carbon fiber tanks. So, the question is, does anyone recommend a carbon fiber tank for the angel speed? I've also read that the tank needs to be low pressure or have a low pressure regulator on it. Any all-in-one solutions are preferred.

Thanks
exrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2012, 08:12 AM #2
greatwolf329
still sick of idiots

Annual Supporting Member
I would definitely recommend a fiber tank over steel. I would also recommend the Ninja brand. Personally I am running 3 of them. The traditional style reg as it is adjustable to LP/MP/HP with removal or insertion of some shims. very easy and straight forward. Reliable performance. and they always stand behind their product.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:54 AM #3
exrx

Thanks for the info - so those ninja tanks come with the regulator already on board? I'm not too familiar with what shims are either...

Is this a good option? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA07T07U8082

Last edited by exrx : 03-27-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:51 AM #4
greatwolf329
still sick of idiots

Annual Supporting Member
That is indeed the tank I am talking about. Didn't even know newegg had um! What I mean by shims are essentially small flat washers in the reg. there is a tutorial on YouTube and ninja's website done by them to show you how to change the out put pressure down to LP. With the video it's very simple and straight forward on how to take care of it.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 AM #5
exrx

Great! Thanks a lot my man, much appreciated.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:11 PM #6
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
+1 for the fiber Ninja tank - very versatile and easy to deal with, and you'll really appreciate the weight savings from a steel tank. Make sure you follow the instructions for changing pressure carefully, and if in doubt, take it to a shop - they won't charge you more than a few bucks to do the job, and it's money well spent on your safety if you aren't confident to do it yourself.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote