Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-15-2012, 11:00 AM #22
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Hmm...
Well, one was when I was playing against a team of Mexicans (speaking only Spanish, which I speak pretty well) at my recball field, and my friend and I were pinned down behind a small house. Across the field was a guy, waaay out of range of anything to hit accurately, but still taking pot-shots at us. Well, I got tired of being annoyed by that guy, so I snapped quickly out of cover and fired one shot towards the guy. Well, it nailed him square in the middle of the mask. That was about a 120' shot in a stiff wind. He was behind his cover, so I know that no one on my team could've hit him!

Another one was that my sister was leaning out of cover and snap shooting with her Viewloader, and took a hit in the left side, through the cover somehow...that was kinda weird...

Finally, my friend's sister (we have a lot of girls on my team...) comes running up over a bunker I was behind, as we were playing speedball rules that game, and proceeds to fire several shots at me. I fired one upwards at her, just by pure reflex. Her five shots missed, my one shot hit her right in the hand.

Sorry, just one more:
I was sneaking around the left flank on one of my fields, ending up behind this guy with a G4 and my friend with his 98C Drugnov SVD sniper rifle. I had my backup that day, a Viewloader Triton II with a 14" Stiffi. Well, Feeling like quite the sniper, all the way behind enemy lines and undetected, I took one shot at the G4-guy's back from about thirty feet, and it missed. As he was turning, I started walking my mechanical trigger, firing shots like mad, all of which missed as well. The guy finally got turned around, but he still didn't see me. I got up and ran, taking out my friend in the process, and slid behind a small wall to exchange fire with the guy I had tried to snipe. He came around the side of the wall to bunker me, and was running about a 25bps cap on semi. He fired maybe 15 shots, all of which missed as well, at me while I was fully exposed. I regrouped myself enough to swing my marker around and fire two shots. One gogged him and the other hit him in the neck. He fired his last shot the same time I did, so that blew my hopper off and we were both out.
Most of this happened on the same few days....
Noah
Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011

Last edited by 2nwyka : 03-15-2012 at 11:05 AM.
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:12 AM #23
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

has been a member for 10 years
Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
Coenen has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadeyeDante View Post
Was playing through a spool field during a scenario game, was hiding behind one turned on its side...someone had managed to make the shot through the 2 inch wide hole, never did figure out who it was.
I have made that shot before! I was in a gun fight with a guy, it wasn't going anywhere fast, so just to try it I shot a burst of three at the center of the spool. All three went through and hit the guy. He was rather displeased, everyone watching from the sideline was greatly entertained.

Took one of my buddies out for his first time playing, we were playing some basic 3-man type stuff. I warned my friend to watch his body-counts, and that before the end of the day, someone would lose count and get mowed because of it. Sure enough, a few games in, a game comes down to a 2v1 and the two guys lose their G-count, they are both standing out in the open looking around, trying to figure out why no one had called the game over. Their one remaining opponent pops out, absolutely blasts the two of them and then throws up his hands and shouts, "I WIN!!!" The whole situation played out in maybe two seconds, guys looking around, dude pops up, PAK!PAK!PAK!, "I WIN!!!"

As more of a WTF, we were at practice once, I was in back center and my friend on the other team was pushing up the doritos. He gets to our 30 Dorito and we're shooting at each other. We both let go a burst of 5-6, and every ball in both strings met mid-air and burst. I've seen it happen with single shots before, but honest to God, both strings met and completely cancelled each other out. It definitely led to a "Did you see that!?!" conversation after the game.
...and it's gone.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:42 AM #24
Ttrunk420
California Grown

Last weekend while I was playing, I saw a guys foot sticking out from about half way across the field. The first shot I took hit the ground about 4 feet short of his foot, the ball bounced off the ground and hit the guy in the lens right as he head checked. It was the luckiest shot of my life.
Ttrunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:33 PM #25
xxxgigerbytexxx
CANT WAIT FOR THE WEEKEND

xxxgigerbytexxx owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
xxxgigerbytexxx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xxxgigerbytexxx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
A couple weekends back I was at the local field. I had just got all me gear set up and went out to play the first game. As the ref yelled for us to start i made a bee line to get behind a bunker. i made it clean. Now this is where things got crazy.... There was this tiny hole in the bunker bout an inch and diameter. Well someone on the opposing team had managed to get a ball through that tiny hole and tag me in my throat. Needless to say i called myself out and was in shock as i made it too the dead box. But the day still turned out great after that.
xxxgigerbytexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:37 PM #26
What's hattnin

Ok so I'm new to pb but not a dummy when it comes to playing a sport. Needless to say I've well exceeded my own goals for how long I have been playing(3 months every weekend sometimes 2 times a weekend) if work permits. So I'm at the field playin with a local team and one asks me if I want to do 1v1s with all of his team mates( 9 players ). I of course say yes and we get started, I run out like a mad man from hell get to center car wash blast a few lanes and dude holds his gun up and walks off. I was stoked and super pumped to say the least. The next guy, comes out of nowhere we have a good little snap battle and I take one to the face. The third guy was a back player and huge width and length wise, he somehow beats me off the break into the center car wash and gets me out with a pistol! I was laughin my a$$ off. Guess you had to be there but it was like some Rambo superman dive Nd shoot move. HA HA
What's hattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:09 AM #27
HCK6568

I was in a big capture the flag match, 40 or so players. It was centered around a big village with a 7 foot wall around the perimiter.I had the flag and was standing with my back on the wall. All of a sudden I got shot in the back! when i looked there was a hole in the wall just big enough for a paintball.
HCK6568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:30 PM #28
pballer0303
shreddin the gnar

pballer0303 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
One time i got shot from 25-30 feet from behind. I scooted around the bunker, and asked for a paint check. Believe it or not I was clean! The look on the guy's face when I turned around and goged him...priceless
pballer0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:37 PM #29
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer0303 View Post
One time i got shot from 25-30 feet from behind. I scooted around the bunker, and asked for a paint check. Believe it or not I was clean! The look on the guy's face when I turned around and goged him...priceless
I did that one time!
My friend hit me and it didn't break, but he thought it did so he kept walking forwards. Needless to say, my AutoCocker can shoot about 12bps and I showed him the hard way. He wasn't too happy, but I showed him the spot where he hit me and it was clean.
Noah
Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:46 AM #30
HaWtDog123
Sundays

HaWtDog123 supports Team VICIOUS
HaWtDog123 supports Team VICIOUS
HaWtDog123 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
1 day YEARS ago(9-10), during Rec ball there was this group of kids. They had a bunch of old VL tritons and Misc. Spyders, and they were using beyond crap paint. The stuff you get from walmart that comes in 200 rnd tubs. Their paint was wild crazy. This was way before the apex barrel, they had the same affect just in ALL directions. Side to side, up, and down. My friends and I at the time were sitting behind some speedball bunkers going "WTF?? no where is safe" There paint was going around bunkers, chopping down over the top of them. You could not hide from it.

After the game I went over and talked to them to see if they knew to use better paint for better accuracy. Their reply was "Our paint is like NEO from the matrix " They didn't laugh or anything, they were completely serious...
HaWtDog123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:56 AM #31
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Last week I played a "Zombie" game. I was the Alpha Zand had everyone shooting at me off the break. I as casually walk up the field, shooting from the hip (only gog shots count for me, so why not?), I take a bounce to the throat. A few seconds later I feel something cold moving around in my shirt, above my pack. I reach in and find that bouncer in my shirt, still intact. I looked at it, laughed, and put it in my hopper. Hope it got somebody.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // PM6 // Angel Speed 05 FST
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote