Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 11:42 PM #1
ToLiveInInfamy
WHO WANTS IT?PIGS
 
ToLiveInInfamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: PUSHING OXNARD
can someone from NPPL shine light on the D4 7man situation

please...
__________________
I'll return to paintball when Angel does.
ToLiveInInfamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2012, 11:48 PM #2
Cory688
 
 
Cory688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
This is the email I sent:

As a D4 player, I am very upset with the proceedings leading up to the current proposed schedule that was recently released. After years of playing prelims over the course of 2 days and emails stating that D4 prelims would be Thursday and Friday, they are now only Thursday. Furthermore, announcements from the NPPL appeared to attract D4 teams with the promise of playing on "Center Court", which I am assuming is NOT Field 2, which is where the schedule shows the D4 finals occurring. As if this were not enough, it shows that only 4 teams will be advancing, and the rules clearly state that in a division with over 11 teams the top 8 will advance to a quarterfinal round.

I understand the announcement that this is a preliminary schedule and I do sincerely hope that it will be fixed when the FINAL schedule is released. I love the NPPL and that is why I am so excited to play this event, but I want what I was promised. If not, I will be forced to seek legal help to reimburse my lost costs due to false claims on the behalf of the NPPL. The NPPL offers a service to me, perhaps even a product, and I want what I paid for.

Please contact me with any questions.

Cory Persson
Email and Phone Number Omitted on PbN

If this is not the correct email to voice this opinion, please forward it.


Sent from my iPad
__________________
CORY PERSSON

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black


Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:59 PM #3
ToLiveInInfamy
WHO WANTS IT?PIGS
 
ToLiveInInfamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: PUSHING OXNARD
haha i just thumbs up'd it on the other thread but ill double for posting this on my thread.
very well said by the way,hopefully we play at least one more day even if its 2 games or 1
__________________
I'll return to paintball when Angel does.
ToLiveInInfamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:04 AM #4
Cory688
 
 
Cory688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
As of now D4 7man has no finals listed, which is a mistake I made. I emailed them the suggestion that they could take top 8 to Friday for quarterfinals and then take top 4 and somehow squeeze finals in on Center Court on Saturday. Problem pretty much solved!
__________________
CORY PERSSON

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black


Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:40 AM #5
ToLiveInInfamy
WHO WANTS IT?PIGS
 
ToLiveInInfamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: PUSHING OXNARD
Sounds reasonable,I don't see how that can't happen,but again,its not set in stone so hopefully NPPL comes through & answers back to the players with great news to make HB's 10th anniversary the greatest event ever
__________________
I'll return to paintball when Angel does.
ToLiveInInfamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 AM #6
AKAMedia
AKActionMedia
 
AKAMedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
AKAMedia plays in the PSP
AKAMedia owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AKAMedia posts videos on PbNation
AKAMedia plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory688 View Post
This is the email I sent:

As a D4 player, I am very upset with the proceedings leading up to the current proposed schedule that was recently released. After years of playing prelims over the course of 2 days and emails stating that D4 prelims would be Thursday and Friday, they are now only Thursday. Furthermore, announcements from the NPPL appeared to attract D4 teams with the promise of playing on "Center Court", which I am assuming is NOT Field 2, which is where the schedule shows the D4 finals occurring. As if this were not enough, it shows that only 4 teams will be advancing, and the rules clearly state that in a division with over 11 teams the top 8 will advance to a quarterfinal round.

I understand the announcement that this is a preliminary schedule and I do sincerely hope that it will be fixed when the FINAL schedule is released. I love the NPPL and that is why I am so excited to play this event, but I want what I was promised. If not, I will be forced to seek legal help to reimburse my lost costs due to false claims on the behalf of the NPPL. The NPPL offers a service to me, perhaps even a product, and I want what I paid for.

Please contact me with any questions.

Cory Persson
Email and Phone Number Omitted on PbN

If this is not the correct email to voice this opinion, please forward it.


Sent from my iPad

Bro i agree with you a 100% just taking the top four is just not cool! And the fact that we are all playing just on thursday is not what i signed up for either. Hopefully they fix this and make a change because HB is a great event and i want it to be def worth it even for us in d4 7man
__________________
AKA Media Facebook Group

Proud Sponsors
Style Supply
ProPaintball
AKA
AKAMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:41 AM #7
Cory688
 
 
Cory688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
So here's what the NPPL is telling me. D4 7 man is playing Thursday, as per the schedule, and top 8 teams will play finals on Sunday on Field 2 or 3. I sent them an email they had sent stating games for D4 would be Thursday and Friday with finals on Center Court on Saturday and they seem to not remember that. I booked my return flight for early Sunday and they told me they would pay to change it. So let 's go out and make this a great tournament regardless of the lack of communication.
__________________
CORY PERSSON

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black


Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 AM #8
AKAMedia
AKActionMedia
 
AKAMedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
AKAMedia plays in the PSP
AKAMedia owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AKAMedia posts videos on PbNation
AKAMedia plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory688 View Post
So here's what the NPPL is telling me. D4 7 man is playing Thursday, as per the schedule, and top 8 teams will play finals on Sunday on Field 2 or 3. I sent them an email they had sent stating games for D4 would be Thursday and Friday with finals on Center Court on Saturday and they seem to not remember that. I booked my return flight for early Sunday and they told me they would pay to change it. So let 's go out and make this a great tournament regardless of the lack of communication.
Wait so their taking the top 8 now? and we play sunday?
__________________
AKA Media Facebook Group

Proud Sponsors
Style Supply
ProPaintball
AKA
AKAMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 AM #9
Cory688
 
 
Cory688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
Correct. Top 8 D4 7man teams will advance to Sunday, which means those that don't will be done with the tournament after one day of play and those that do can relax Friday and Saturday.
__________________
CORY PERSSON

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black


Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:33 AM #10
AKAMedia
AKActionMedia
 
AKAMedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
AKAMedia plays in the PSP
AKAMedia owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AKAMedia posts videos on PbNation
AKAMedia plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory688 View Post
Correct. Top 8 D4 7man teams will advance to Sunday, which means those that don't will be done with the tournament after one day of play and those that do can relax Friday and Saturday.
damn insane!
__________________
AKA Media Facebook Group

Proud Sponsors
Style Supply
ProPaintball
AKA
AKAMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:18 PM #11
rjs21
 
 
rjs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NEW to Baton Rouge, LA
Annual Supporting Member
rjs21 donated to help Peyton Trent
rjs21 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I feel bad for the d1 race to ... They get 2 matches only in prelims
__________________


Spire 200 Shell
RISK IT CLOTHING
rjs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:04 AM #12
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory688 View Post
Correct. Top 8 D4 7man teams will advance to Sunday, which means those that don't will be done with the tournament after one day of play and those that do can relax Friday and Saturday.

honestly id rather play friday and have top8 start sunday than sit around for 2 days doing nothing. would save people 400 bucks for hotels.
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:17 AM #13
Cory688
 
 
Cory688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
Seriously. Pretty crazy if you ask me.
__________________
CORY PERSSON

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black


Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:19 AM #14
Superstar17
 
Superstar17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Marina Del Rey
Superstar17 is a Professional paintball player
Superstar17 plays in the USPL
Superstar17 plays in the PSP
Superstar17 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs21 View Post
I feel bad for the d1 race to ... They get 2 matches only in prelims
They play 3 matches
Superstar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:20 AM #15
pntballa47
rIcE rOcKeTeeR!
 
pntballa47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: El Paso, TX
pntballa47 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pntballa47 plays in the PSP
pntballa47 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs21 View Post
I feel bad for the d1 race to ... They get 2 matches only in prelims
Looks like fixed, they have 3...sucks that they have to play a match in the morning then 1 in the afternoon friday though
__________________
Duke City Coalition
Empire
FTJ Construction
Hinkle

feedback

Last edited by pntballa47 : 03-28-2012 at 12:23 AM.
pntballa47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:33 PM #16
Cory688
 
 
Cory688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
For D4 teams that advance after tomorrow PM me so we can discuss the schedule change. Those that don't advance should have nothing to complain about.
__________________
CORY PERSSON

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black


Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump