Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 03-12-2012, 10:22 PM #64
Ckutsubos

Ckutsubos owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ckutsubos is an NCPA player
Ckutsubos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Wish i could have played something like this in High School.... and i cant wait to watch...! I hope i play paintball in college to next year!
Ckutsubos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2012, 01:39 AM #65
IronCityKidz
No Longer Plays

IronCityKidz helped look for balloons
IronCityKidz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Cant wait for the event. Webcast was awesome last year!

Douglas Reed Shugert - Licensed Real Estate Agent
Western, PA - Office - Beaver, PA - Deffenbaugh Realty
If interested PM ME and i'll send you my contact info.
IronCityKidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:49 AM #66
danecookhomie

danecookhomie is an NCPA player
187 cRew fan #21
danecookhomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:28 AM #67
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
The results are not surprising given how much effort you put into it. Only one of those locations could potentially work, and even that one is questionable on the weather front.

- Chris
the weather is a lame *** excuse. what about events in the boston area in colder times of the year, hell the event before the frost bowl is alot colder then that time of the year. Unless your acting like it is impossible for it to rain in lakeland florida.

and lets be real, if it rains are teams going to not play? they drove all that way or flew that distance you think they are going to say **** it guys lets just go to gatorland instead. And its not like theres thousands of subscribers to the webcast that are bringing in millions of commercial dollars who won't watch it if there is an overcast or rain situation.

NPPL chicago had potential for much worse weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDpaintball View Post
Drive 45 minutes NE and you're in Orlando or drive 35 minutes West and you're in Tampa. If you can't find anything fun to do in either of those places I feel sorry for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirko017 View Post
That's a lot to ask of someone who has a stick so far up their ***...
I forgot you two were the experts regarding ways to have fun in florida. I should have just pmed you guys for suggestions.

Yo forgot one thing you forgot chief... Traffic , the drive on I4 with no traffic is close to 45 minutes. with traffic during on a nice day (IE people in lakeland also flee to tampa on the weekends, and they dont take the monorail , train, subway (spoiler alert: florida is terrible when it comes to mass transit), they DRIVE!). Never mind construction and acidents on I4.

LOL and orlando is even worse ask any team who has missed their flights back due to underestimating the traffic.

if you guys can honestly say you would rather play nationals at central florida paintball then Galveston Island Paintball, Galveston, TX your crazy,

and to the argument well if we moved to galveston texas or back to dallas / fort worth we would loose X teams from the northeast. Well **** it you would also gain X teams from the texas area . PSP learned that doing a NJ event got them alot of new teams, but PSP galveston which was also a first time event had even more teams.

open your eyes, and consider alternatives and innovative ideas rather then think of every way to defend the status quo.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!

Last edited by yuik : 03-13-2012 at 02:34 AM.
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 AM #68
dye7paintball7
OHHHH YEAHHHH

dye7paintball7 supports Team VICIOUS
dye7paintball7 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
the weather is a lame *** excuse. what about events in the boston area in colder times of the year, hell the event before the frost bowl is alot colder then that time of the year. Unless your acting like it is impossible for it to rain in lakeland florida.

and lets be real, if it rains are teams going to not play? they drove all that way or flew that distance you think they are going to say **** it guys lets just go to gatorland instead. And its not like theres thousands of subscribers to the webcast that are bringing in millions of commercial dollars who won't watch it if there is an overcast or rain situation.

I forgot you two were the experts regarding ways to have fun in florida. I should have just pmed you guys for suggestions.

Yo forgot one thing you forgot chief... Traffic , the drive on I4 with no traffic is close to 45 minutes. with traffic during on a nice day (IE people in lakeland also flee to tampa on the weekends, and they dont take the monorail , train, subway (spoiler alert: florida is terrible when it comes to mass transit), they DRIVE!). Never mind construction and acidents on I4.

LOL and orlando is even worse ask any team who has missed their flights back due to underestimating the traffic.

if you guys can honestly say you would rather play nationals at central florida paintball then Galveston Island Paintball, Galveston, TX your crazy,

and to the argument well if we moved to galveston texas or back to dallas / fort worth we would loose X teams from the northeast. Well **** it you would also gain X teams from the texas area . PSP learned that doing a NJ event got them alot of new teams, but PSP galveston which was also a first time event had even more teams.

open your eyes, and consider alternatives and innovative ideas rather then think of every way to defend the status quo.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:01 AM #69
polarpaxton
WooPig

polarpaxton plays in the PSP
polarpaxton helped look for balloons
polarpaxton is an NCPA player
"weather is a lame *** excuse if you don't come here"
-organizers of Galveston psp

This Yuik guy is an idiot
RIP Razorback Paintball 2003-2009
NCPA AllStars Lifetime member
polarpaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:07 AM #70
treeflip7
p-to-da-ushaaa

treeflip7 is an NCPA player
right I go to a paintball tournament to play paintball in nice weather, at a decent field, during a well run event. I don't go to dick around in the surrounding areas. If your so set on that just stay home and go out with your friends rather than wasting your money.

Could there be a better spot than lakeland? Most definitely. But has it been a well run event the last few years? Most definitely. That's why people are defending it. If your *****ing about the non paintball amenities while playing a paintball tournament your just a *****.

That's not to say that the NCPA couldn't benefit from a newer, fancier, event venue.....given they had the money, resources, etc.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:20 AM #71
Culture Evil
Termocycler

Annual Supporting Member
Culture Evil is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:

is this real life ?

not sure if troll
Culture Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 AM #72
tchalien
RETIRED LU Coach

Annual Supporting Member
tchalien plays in the PSP
tchalien owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tchalien owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tchalien posts videos on PbNation
tchalien plays in the APPA D4 division
tchalien is Legendary
Yuik,
What college do you play for?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:55 AM #73
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchalien View Post
Yuik,
Closed Bolt Ballers University, located in Autococker, NH.

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:23 PM #74
Henrybg
Notorious

Annual Supporting Member
Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
lulz
Henrybg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:36 PM #75
polarpaxton
WooPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85

This is awesome
Old 03-17-2012, 02:54 PM #76
Hav0c
Ninja

Hav0c plays in the PSP
Hav0c owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hav0c is an NCPA National Champion
Hav0c plays in the APPA D3 division
This whole thread got derailed by ridiculousness. Lakeland is fine as a venue. Nice fields, decent weather, and plenty of space. I personally don't pay to fly from California to Florida to party. We go to win. If I'm looking for a spring break party spot, I'll drive to Arizona. Nationals is hands down the best tournament I've played that last two years (despite the outcomes of the lat 2) and I can't wait to go back in April. Keep up the good work NCPA and thanks for making college paintball what it is.
Jordan Tsai #10
Cal State Long Beach Paintball
NCPA Class A National Champions 2011-2012

Play Beginner 3-man in the Beach Series! Hosted by CSULB
Hav0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:30 PM #77
evilbunnycookies
U of Akron

evilbunnycookies is an NCPA player
evilbunnycookies plays in the APPA D5 division
evilbunnycookies has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
evilbunnycookies has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hav0c
This whole thread got derailed by ridiculousness. Lakeland is fine as a venue. Nice fields, decent weather, and plenty of space. I personally don't pay to fly from California to Florida to party. We go to win. If I'm looking for a spring break party spot, I'll drive to Arizona. Nationals is hands down the best tournament I've played that last two years (despite the outcomes of the lat 2) and I can't wait to go back in April. Keep up the good work NCPA and thanks for making college paintball what it is.
I don't understand some people. I like to have just as much fun in the evenings as the next guy but I don't needs clubs and a set night life. I will have plenty of fun hanging out with my friends and fellow paintball players and getting some serious balling in

DM8 with a tadao oled board, ironman adjustable trigger, billy wing bolt and a cp continuous flow plug
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3778711
deadly winds freak carbon fiber barrel, Rotor, 68-45 Ninja tank
PayPal certified

University of Akron Paintball Club -- Treasurer
evilbunnycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:05 PM #78
DeMoK
Pretty Much Pro

DeMoK supports DLX Technology
I'm turning 21 the day before nationals starts. I could have fun as long as there is a liquor store in the area.

JK college event can't drink.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:08 PM #79
polarpaxton
WooPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMoK

This is a joke right?
Old 03-25-2012, 01:28 PM #80
HoktFonix
TTU & VT PB Ex-President

Annual Supporting Member
HoktFonix plays in the PSP
HoktFonix donated to help Peyton Trent
HoktFonix supports our troops
HoktFonix is an NCPA player
HoktFonix is reppin' sidebar 4 life
HoktFonix is a top reviewer
HoktFonix is Boss
Super Quote Mega Post

Quote:
Compared to what. ? The location blows there isn't **** to do in Lakeland Florida .
Lakeland has no nightlife , no beach , nothing fun the only cool thing besides sonic is the gator world 30 minutes away .
Quote:
Ok, where would you suggest we go that has a paintball facility with at least 5 fields for us to play on, that isn't at risk of it being 40 degrees out and raining in mid-April?

I can think of 2.5 locations in the entire US. I say .5 because one of them is really pushing the limits on the weather. Dallas was great but we simply outgrew the location.

And there are other upsides - the hotel rooms start at $39/night for example.

Besides, the tournament *IS* the fun. We take over 4-5 hotels, the local restaurants... it's not like most of our players are old enough to gamble somewhere or like you're going to be playing and going to the beach during the same day.

Look, I'd love to go to a spring break town during spring break. But it just doesn't make financial sense - not for the teams who would have to pay the inflated hotel rates, and not for the league who would blow an extra $40k to $50k setting up at a location that isn't a paintball field.

If you want spring break, go on spring break. If you want to play one of the best tournaments of the year, you should go to NCPA Nationals.

- Chris
Exactly what Chris said here, you go to Nationals for the paintball, not for spring break, having it at this location makes it cheaper for us as players than other venues.

Quote:
1.Topgun NJ, beach 30 mins away, fun nightlife 32 min away , better nightlife 40 min away, 6 flags waterpark and theme park 5 minutes away
2. SC village , pleanty of fun things to do in riverside. Also the location is less sparse then lakeland
3. Skirmish, white water rafting 5 minutes away (cool thing thing to do if you dont make it to sunday),
4. Pevs Paintball Park, 30 minutes to DC enough said
5. CPX paintball , 20 minutes to a jiolet,
that research took all of 5 minutes. With 8 months of planing im sure a better venue then CFP could be put together.
So these things are better than Orlando and Tampa?
Disneyworld, Universal studios, beaches, tons of other things because this is one of the biggest tourist areas in the US....

Quote:
either way i think you are going to hit a bottleneck with interest in nationals at CFP in florida.
That is clearly what has been happening.

Quote:
lol not really , unless you plan on drinking in the bar your hotel might have with some minor league baseball players being 21 doesnt change much.
Or with other paintball players at restaurants and bars or at the field?

Quote:
Im just tired of the same old same old scenary in lakeland. Where doing an event for the first time is more fun because you never been there like I recently did USPL/NPPL DC which was cool. I want to do chicago NPPL because i never been to cpx . lakeland year in and year out gets stale
You posting, page in and page out gets stale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirko017 View Post
He just likes to find things to ***** about.

Honestly if you are so concerned about having fun for the couple days that you are there to play Paintball... Then after you play, head on over to Tampa or Orlando and go enjoy the night life, not that far of a drive to either.. Not sure where you play paintball at but sorry not every paintball field is located in a major city with a club full of 18 yr old ****s you can go rub up on..
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDpaintball View Post
Drive 45 minutes NE and you're in Orlando or drive 35 minutes West and you're in Tampa. If you can't find anything fun to do in either of those places I feel sorry for you.
. dot.
Yes he loves things to complain about, I have never seen and remembered a post by this guy where he is not complaining.
If those major cities don't provide close enough nightlife (because that's why we go to nationals) then you're crazy.

Quote:

The weather is a great excuse. If you are going to have one event that is your largest event of the year, you want to give yourself the best odds to have good weather.
Yes there are other events, such as in boston, during colder times of the year and the frost bowl and blah blah blah... but since we (and you) know that those are colder venues, nationals is not being held there.

You think that thousands of subscribers on the webcast bring in millions of commercial dollars? Do you know how much a million is? Do you have a clue how unprofitable paintball is?

NPPL Chicago did have potential for much worse weather, when you are the PSP or NPPL with only a few events for the whole year and people travel from all over you have to spread your events out, not all events will hit perfect weather weekends in said locations, but you try to set yourself up for the best time of year for weather at those locations... i.e. Galveston rain.

Quote:

So you are saying that Florida has traffic and so those locations for nightlife and fun don't count? So are you saying that D.C., Chicago, Houston, and Dallas don't have traffic??
Ya, Galveston would be cool, did you know that the PSP can set up events anywhere because they buy a bunch of fields? NCPA doesn't have the funds that the PSP has, and they don't spend tons of money, keeping their costs down keeps our costs down so that us college kids can afford it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchalien View Post
Yuik,
I don't think he plays paintball, he just trolls on the internet.
He has his APPA linked to his account bc he has a D4 badge, yet he doens't have an NCPA or PSP badge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMoK View Post
I'm turning 21 the day before nationals starts. I could have fun as long as there is a liquor store in the area.

You clearly must be new here. I was hanging out with Texas Tech guys last year because that's were I did undergrad and I knew and still know several of them. We were clearly not drinking at the field though, because its a college event

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarpaxton View Post
This is a joke right?

Well that was fun.
Yuik, you have 6 negative feedbacks, I can't trust anything you say.

VIRGINIA TECH X-BALL ALUMNI
TEXAS TECH PAINTBALL ALUMNI
HoktFonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:54 PM #81
polarpaxton
WooPig

Back to the drinking thing.
You guys remember when Illinois state had that Budweiser sponsorship? I think it was 08.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:10 PM #82
WarpedGreg
EXALT

WarpedGreg plays in the PSP
WarpedGreg is an NCPA player
WarpedGreg plays in the APPA D2 division
Come out and support your favorite College team!
WarpedGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:19 PM #83
TheColiseum71

TheColiseum71 donated to help Peyton Trent
TheColiseum71 is an NCPA player
TheColiseum71 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Ok, where would you suggest we go that has a paintball facility with at least 5 fields for us to play on, that isn't at risk of it being 40 degrees out and raining in mid-April?

I can think of 2.5 locations in the entire US. I say .5 because one of them is really pushing the limits on the weather. Dallas was great but we simply outgrew the location.

And there are other upsides - the hotel rooms start at $39/night for example.

Besides, the tournament *IS* the fun. We take over 4-5 hotels, the local restaurants... it's not like most of our players are old enough to gamble somewhere or like you're going to be playing and going to the beach during the same day.

Look, I'd love to go to a spring break town during spring break. But it just doesn't make financial sense - not for the teams who would have to pay the inflated hotel rates, and not for the league who would blow an extra $40k to $50k setting up at a location that isn't a paintball field.

If you want spring break, go on spring break. If you want to play one of the best tournaments of the year, you should go to NCPA Nationals.

- Chris
Thank you

The draw should be the event. I don't have the time or the money or the money to go out clubbing the night before I play anyway. I'm resting so I can play.

The draw of the NCPA for me was always the competition, and the people. I've never met nicer people than at NCPA events. Everyone is polite. There is awesome sportsmanship. I've met good people and made friends at Nationals. Everyone is there for pride and the love of the game. Most would go no matter where it was held.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:40 PM #84
HoktFonix
TTU & VT PB Ex-President

Annual Supporting Member
HoktFonix plays in the PSP
HoktFonix donated to help Peyton Trent
HoktFonix supports our troops
HoktFonix is an NCPA player
HoktFonix is reppin' sidebar 4 life
HoktFonix is a top reviewer
HoktFonix is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColiseum71 View Post
The draw of the NCPA for me was always the competition, and the people. I've never met nicer people than at NCPA events. Everyone is polite. There is awesome sportsmanship. I've met good people and made friends at Nationals. Everyone is there for pride and the love of the game. Most would go no matter where it was held.
Bam. This.

VIRGINIA TECH X-BALL ALUMNI
TEXAS TECH PAINTBALL ALUMNI
HoktFonix is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.