Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-24-2012, 11:48 AM #1
B3ARC1AW

Phantom Questions

While browsing my local craigslist ads I stumbled across a guy selling his Phantom and other gear. It's the original completely stock one with the right side feed, m16 grips and nothing else. He said he'd sell the gun to me for 50. That is a good price, right?

Not knowing much about them and not using one before, my questions my seem pretty simple to some of you Phantom users. Since I'm not a fan of right side feeds, how hard would it be, and what would I have to do to make it a vertical feed? Would I have to buy a new top tube? And since there is no 12 gram adapter, can I just use the one I have and put it on the back where you would normally run a tank to? I already have a cocker pump that I use a hopper with, and I want to try stock class. So could I switch between stock class and using a hopper, or by using the stock class feed tube will it be hard to switch between the two?

B3ARC1AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2012, 12:12 PM #2
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...

basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ARC1AW View Post
While browsing my local craigslist ads I stumbled across a guy selling his Phantom and other gear. It's the original completely stock one with the right side feed, m16 grips and nothing else. He said he'd sell the gun to me for 50. That is a good price, right?

Not knowing much about them and not using one before, my questions my seem pretty simple to some of you Phantom users. Since I'm not a fan of right side feeds, how hard would it be, and what would I have to do to make it a vertical feed? Would I have to buy a new top tube? And since there is no 12 gram adapter, can I just use the one I have and put it on the back where you would normally run a tank to? I already have a cocker pump that I use a hopper with, and I want to try stock class. So could I switch between stock class and using a hopper, or by using the stock class feed tube will it be hard to switch between the two?

pick it up!!!
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +67/0/0
DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker|Gearbag Sale|My markers|Remz F/S
basementN3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:37 PM #3
pballer0303
shreddin the gnar

pballer0303 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Im not a big phantom guy, but from what I understand, replacing the body to be centerfeed wouldnt be too bad, and yes, you can just screw a bucket changer into the asa
pballer0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:44 PM #4
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...

basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
it's $50!!! i'm pretty sure there's someone that wants to trade bodies.
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +67/0/0
DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker|Gearbag Sale|My markers|Remz F/S
basementN3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:41 AM #5
Sc0tTy
MobScene

has been a member for 10 years
Definitely a good price, changing the body takes only a minute. Two screws and swap the internals. So you would need a vert body, sc body, and top tube/feed block.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:27 PM #6
Nahib_Stilgar

Buy a Stock class body, with a feed tube/block. and a Stock class to Direct feed adapter and your set.

Sell the old body.

One screw now lets you swap from SC to DF in less than 2 min.

For $50 you can't go wrong, and if you don't like it...sell it for what you put into it or more...
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:19 PM #7
R3L
CCM is not a verb

Buy for $50 , sell for $130 in 24 hours.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:18 PM #8
B3ARC1AW

So I ended up buying it for 50 bucks, it doesn't have a scratch on it and the guy only used it twice. I'm definitely going to keep it.

Can I buy the parts straight from CCI, or would people be interested in buying/trading for a right side feed tube?
There isn't a Phantom forum, so where would be the best place to post wanting to trade bodies with someone?
B3ARC1AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:07 PM #9
Nahib_Stilgar

Try in the Misc BST section.

Yes you can buy strait from CCI. Mike is very easy to deal with.

You could also try over on MCB, lots of pumpers over there too.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote