Community Focus

Old 03-22-2012, 10:49 PM #1
WILLIAMS#22
FIRSTSTRIKE PAINTBALL

WILLIAMS#22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
WILLIAMS#22 supports Team VICIOUS
WILLIAMS#22 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What would you do?

Well i was playin rec ball with some friends and one of my friends shot me once in the gun and i said im out im out then he shot me twice in the leg. He said he didnt hear me but anyway next match my friend shot him and he poped up and i shot him in the jaw didnt mean to hit him in the jaw but i think it was kinda revenge and instinct mixed even though he was out but it wasnt way after he was out it was just after......anyway i kinda felt bad becz he was all shacken up by getting shot in the jaw .....so what would you have did in that situation and can you relate to this.
WILLIAMS#22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2012, 11:12 PM #2
Henrybg
Notorious

Annual Supporting Member
Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIAMS#22 View Post
Well i was playin rec ball with some friends and one of my friends shot me once in the gun and i said im out im out then he shot me twice in the leg. He said he didnt hear me but anyway next match my friend shot him and he poped up and i shot him in the jaw didnt mean to hit him in the jaw but i think it was kinda revenge and instinct mixed even though he was out but it wasnt way after he was out it was just after......anyway i kinda felt bad becz he was all shacken up by getting shot in the jaw .....so what would you have did in that situation and can you relate to this.
It happens you can't blame him and he can't blame you; easiest thing to do is forgive and foget
Henrybg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:18 PM #3
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
Everyone gets bonusballed every now and then. As long as you didn't do it purely out of spite, don't worry about it.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:22 PM #4
WILLIAMS#22
FIRSTSTRIKE PAINTBALL

i dont realy know what it was
Old 03-22-2012, 11:31 PM #5
Henrybg
Notorious

Annual Supporting Member
Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Trust me you would know if it was out of spite...probably saw someone pop up and shot them nothing malicious
Henrybg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:44 PM #6
WILLIAMS#22
FIRSTSTRIKE PAINTBALL

has this happend to u
Old 03-23-2012, 01:09 AM #7
trianglesandtweed

trianglesandtweed plays in the PSP
trianglesandtweed supports Team VICIOUS
that's just part of the game dude. it'll happen to you too

i put a few extra on this kid the other day. i was like 30 feet out but he was all bent out of shape saying i bunkered him, i was shooting hot and was ramping. i was far away, shooting low and on semi. i went up to him after the game and just said sorry and he seemed alright.

i usually take an extra ball or two when i get out, that's just the way it goes. if someone doesn't like it, they're probably not gonna be around enough for it to matter. don't lose any sleep over it
trianglesandtweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:15 AM #8
WILLIAMS#22
FIRSTSTRIKE PAINTBALL

Ok thanks guys.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:13 AM #9
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah, I've fired on people in painful ways before.
Once, I was playing a 2v2 with my friends, and one guy on the other team stood up out of cover to start whaling on my friend's cover. I popped off two rounds and winged him in the shoulder. He got really mad, because getting a glancing shot to the shoulder hurts like heck! He was okay after I apologized, though.
Another time, I shot my teammate (on the other team at the time), the same girl whose cover was getting whaled on in the story above, right in the bottom of the mask. She was moving up from cover and didn't see me, so I fired a few her way. One happened to splatter on her mask and another hit her in the chest. She wasn't too happy about it, but the people I play with all understand that that's part of the game.
Don't worry too much about it, people make mistakes. The important thing is to keep your head! I played with a kid who got so mad that he actually shot me multiple times in the back from point-blank range, outside of a game! Needless to say, we never invited him again after he did that to a few other people. Paintball is meant to be fun, and when people get utterly destroyed or painted another color, it dampens the fun for them for a few minutes. If you get lit up and want to shoot someone, get the gun away from yourself! If you know you have a temper, having something that shoots nonlethal projectiles at several hundred feet per second is not exactly the best thing to have in your hand.

I think your issue was shooting people after they're out, correct?
I've done that a few times, just to be sure. Usually I will "one-ball" them, that's shooting them in the pack or mask to make sure that they're out without hurting them. I got "dead man walked" once, which is where a player will act "out" without technically calling themselves out so that they can sneak up and shoot you from behind. Now, anyone walking without their gun up gets a warning shot beside them, after that a one-ball.
It's no great shame to shoot someone who hasn't called themselves out yet, like your friend, but try to keep fire away from people who have their gun up and are walking off the field.

Don't lose sleep about it, man, it happens to all of us!
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011

Last edited by 2nwyka : 03-23-2012 at 11:17 AM.
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:16 AM #10
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

You don't sign a waiver because people are shooting feathers.

People need to realize this, and act accordingly.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:29 AM #11
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
you're upset because somebody shot you three times? These things happen, you can be shooting a stream, and hit somebody multiple times by default.
You can also not see somebody wave or hear them yell, and hit them another few times. this is fine too, and the person being hit should realize that's just part of the game, and that mistakes happen.

Unless your'e actively trying to target a specific part of a person, I can't see your subconsciousness trying to hurt somebody. I've been shot in the throat before and it hurt like hell and took me back, but there's no reason to be angry over it; you simply can't predict where paint is going to go once you pull the trigger.

Last edited by martix_agent : 03-23-2012 at 11:32 AM.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:43 PM #12
pballer0303
shreddin the gnar

pballer0303 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Id say sorry bro, let it be, and hope he does too.
pballer0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:39 PM #13
WILLIAMS#22
FIRSTSTRIKE PAINTBALL

I wasnt bad about getting bonus balled .....i just remebered seeing something about how people who overshoot should be kicked from their feild ...and i was like was that me u know... idk i probly overreacted I only shot him one extra time i think
Old 03-24-2012, 12:12 AM #14
DaveA

has been a member for 10 years
I generally don't hose down a player, especially if I have him dead in my sights, I try to single ball them, but occasionally if the hand doesn't go up immediately to indicate that they're out out out, I'll send in more paint, this time less judiciously and in greater quantity, if only to insure they don't start shooting at me, and some guys get mad because they just needed a second to realize they were hit and call themselves out. Since I'm not trying to hurt anyone (after all it IS a GAME and we're all supposed to be having FUN) I always yell an apology right then and there so they don't feel like I'm just hosing them down for my own jollies.
I try to play with the GoldenRule in mind, I don't overshoot anyone cuz I'd prefer not being overshot, but if I do, I apologize because I'd prefer someone be cool about overshooting me if they did. I also don't cheat or wipe because I hope that other players will also not cheat and wipe and I KNOW that the foolsgoldenrule applies where if you DO cheat and wipe, the other guys will definitely cheat and wipe...
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:34 PM #15
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrybg View Post
It happens you can't blame him and he can't blame you; easiest thing to do is forgive and foget
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofTHUMBS View Post
Everyone gets bonusballed every now and then. As long as you didn't do it purely out of spite, don't worry about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrybg View Post
Trust me you would know if it was out of spite...probably saw someone pop up and shot them nothing malicious
These.

I've done it, and I've had it happen to me. When I do it, after the game I usually go up to whoever and say, "my bad." I can't really think of a time when they are upset after that.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:51 PM #16
WILLIAMS#22
FIRSTSTRIKE PAINTBALL

does your feild owners or refs get mad ...(recball)?????
Old 03-28-2012, 05:37 PM #17
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is Legendary
If it is an accident, then no. It is usually obvious when someone does it on purpose.

Also, when I'm playing rec-ball, I don't play the same. I'm not as aggressive and I try and 1 ball as much as possible.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:55 PM #18
CVeaglespaintball
NYU '17

CVeaglespaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CVeaglespaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
CVeaglespaintball supports Empire
I've had something similar to this happen to me. I was playing rec speedball against a group of my friends, some other intermediate level players, and a few beginners. We were controlling the game and I made it to the X. I thought the last players were in the back bunkers so I popped out to try and shoot the back center and directly in front of me was one of the beginners. I had already started shooting before realizing he was there, so I probably hit him 4-5 times in the forehead from point blank range. He was pretty pissed and complained to the ref that I didn't obey the surrender rules (which wasn't true). After the game I apologized to him and explained what happened, and he took it pretty well. Moral of the story is, if you mess up, own up to it even if it was an accident.
CVeaglespaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:46 PM #19
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVeaglespaintball View Post
Moral of the story is, if you mess up, own up to it even if it was an accident.
.tod