Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-11-2012, 05:29 PM #1
jboots

Tiberius T9.1 upgrades

Whats are people adding to their T9.1's. Stocks, triggers, ect. Let's talk.
jboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2012, 09:23 PM #2
bait607
Eternal Impact Ministries

No response from anybody? I can tell you that I plan to add a reverse mag release and adjustable trigger to my elite. Maybe some better optics later on.

Come on people, this forum really needs more discussion.

G3, PMR, 05 speed all upped and all f/s/t bring me milsim electros

lightly upped sft shocker $200, eigen bolt $55, Virtue redefined board $70... the look on an eclipse agglets face when they realize their brand new $1250 gun just got out shot by an 03 spoolvalve PRICELESS
bait607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:24 PM #3
GoatBoy

has been a member for 10 years
Only thing I've upgraded is the barrel.

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:34 AM #4
MulishaSoldier929

Quote:
Originally Posted by bait607 View Post
Come on people, this forum really needs more discussion.
^^^Amen to that.

My t9 is just how I want it. Longbow stock, red-dot sight, FS ready, 2 point harness, and painted a light green. Thought about adding the bi-pod but figured it would get in the way more than anything.
MulishaSoldier929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:36 AM #5
skullcandy1993

there aren't a whole lot of options for tiberius markers in terms of upgrades. Your choices are:

BARRELS: Lapco/Flasc/Hammerhead
TRIGGERS: Killjoy Industries/Fixxxer
MAG RELEASES: Killjoy Industries/Fixxxer/Lapco
STOCKS: Tiberius CAR Stock/Tiberius Air-Through-Stock
SIGHTS/SCOPES/GRIPS/BI-PODS/ETC: Anything that will fit on a rail will work
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:16 PM #6
bait607

I took the liberty to paint mine with a digital pattern. It breaks up the outline and makes it look cool, at least in my opinion. Maybe I'll post up a pic later on when I have some more free time.

lightly upped sft shocker $200, eigen bolt $55, Virtue redefined board $70... the look on an eclipse agglets face when they realize their brand new $1250 gun just got out shot by an 03 spoolvalve PRICELESS
Old 03-22-2012, 05:48 PM #7
Unlucky_Irish

Heard good things about the left hand mag release, think I might even pick it up, looks easier. I did the lapco str8shot with apex2, tiberius rifled barrel, and love the killjoy trigger. It just "feels" better to me and it got rid of the slack when the safetys on which personally I like. LAPCO is also coming out with "hush" barrels soon and while I might be selling mine in my sig, if I dont Im def gonna be trying out the hush barrels. Heard some people who have already used em love em. Other than that I threw on a afg2 by magpul, feels amazing and I usually run qloaded which works great once ya get it setup right. Wish they'd make a bolt upgrade tho. No prob from mags but qloaded setup wrong (like not taking the right side barrel detent out, too high pressure from spring (even people said normal hoppers) have given em breaks. They were talking on the Tib forums bout a level 10 and trying to convince AGD but would only work with remote systems
Unlucky_Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:01 PM #8
bait607

I would invest in a bolt kit without hesitation. a lighter bolt and spring would do great things for tiberius markers. A little more efficiency is always a nice thing, especially for people using 12 gram or 13ci tanks. It would also help a lot with mechanical noise from the marker.we would just have to show a company enough interest to make it worth their time.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:41 PM #9
Unlucky_Irish

Maybe we should push someone for this. Ill bet almost any tib owner would, especially those running hopper or qloaded like I do.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:42 PM #10
GoatBoy

has been a member for 10 years
You know what an awesome upgrade for a Tiberius is?

A helmet camera. So you can record yourself shooting people with your Tiberius.

Go go go.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:41 PM #11
bait607

Ndz makes killer bolts. So does lurker. I'm just not sure there would be enough demand.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:49 PM #12
robot0ninja

first thing i would do is get all the mags you need and a really good way to carry them. this will make playing so much easier than anything else you can get for the t9.1.

the next thing get is a new barrel. depending on what youre shooting (first strike or normal paintballs). first stikes only id get the tiberius branded lapco rifled barrel. if you shoot paintballs id get the barrel kit that lapco makes (i think its lapco, but dont quote me on it) or any barrel that lapco makes for the tiberius.

third, i would look into the adjustable triggers. you dont realize how bad the stock one is until you put killjoys on there.

fourth, right hand mag release. if youve ever used a t9.1 for a game, you know how annoying it is to wrap your hand around to push the mag release with your thumb.

the next would be the tank in stock. makes your set up lighter and easier. this way, you dont have to worry about counting how many times you used a mag or have a hose running to a tank on your back. heavier and more cumbersome.

the last upgrade would be an adjustable rail riser. you can get these cheaper if you buy used, but aren't too common on the BSTs. they work wonders if youre using a red dot with first strikes but you still have the fact that every shot is different (different fps, different first strike weight, more/less wind) so dont expect the first strike to be on the dot.

thatd be the order i buy upgrades in if i did it all over again, but i bought them in a different order originally

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:24 PM #13
TheAntiHeroHimself
T9.1 Operator

TheAntiHeroHimself has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Are the Killjoy triggers really that good?
"Through continued testing of the SA-17 marker, our Quality Control Department has identified a potential issue. The problem is described as: A CO2 cartridge may fly out of the marker and impact a user." HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!1!!!1!1

"I shaved a kiwi, once..."

Marine Recon Squad's Medic(Blue team, yellow squad) at Operation EndWar; The Eleventh Hour 2012. HOORAH!

Callsign: "ENDGAME"
TheAntiHeroHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:06 PM #14
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntiHeroHimself View Post
Are the Killjoy triggers really that good?
I've had mixed results on them. When they work, they work great. Improved trigger feel and travel. But sadly 2 of the 5 tibs I've installed them into refused to work properly with them (double fires or refusing to fire every pull across any adjustment setting). Note well that the same trigger in a different marker would work fine. It's just some of the markers didn't work well with them. Add to that the install is tricky to manage the trigger spring, and it's tricky every time you break down the marker for regular maintenance.

Taking all that into consideration I've changed my option on them from

"A MUST HAVE Upgrade"

to

"A Cool and affordable upgrade for the paintballer that must have/try everything on their setups."
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:05 PM #15
ImHUGEnJAPAN

Voodoo

The installation can be tricky the first couple of times. If you remove the trigger spring it makes installing the trigger a breeze. It's even easier than the stock trigger. The trigger arm is spring loaded and it has enough tension to return the trigger.

That's really wierd that the trigger works great except in the 2 markers that you described. I know we have already been back and forth on this. You mention that you had issues with "any adjustment", did that include removing the adjustment screws completely, I can't remember what you told me.

If anyone is looking for a unique stock, be sure to check out the ROC Stock 2.0, we offer adapters for the T9.1.

Last edited by ImHUGEnJAPAN : 06-12-2012 at 04:13 PM.
ImHUGEnJAPAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 PM #16
Unlucky_Irish

I loved my killjoy trigger WAY more solid feel than the stock trigger and had it adjusted pretty well too. Probably couldve fine tuned it so with safety on there was no at all but it wasnt worth it till next tear down. I did experiment a bit and have since installed opposing magnets instead on the stock trigger and grip. I like it alot real smooth. Would like to see this combined with the adjusting/solid metal feel of a killjoy though. And the roc stoc 2.0 has been on my wish list for quite some time. It looks like an amazing stock even with the weight
Old 06-13-2012, 01:29 AM #17
voodooaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHUGEnJAPAN View Post
Voodoo

The installation can be tricky the first couple of times. If you remove the trigger spring it makes installing the trigger a breeze. It's even easier than the stock trigger. The trigger arm is spring loaded and it has enough tension to return the trigger.

That's really wierd that the trigger works great except in the 2 markers that you described. I know we have already been back and forth on this. You mention that you had issues with "any adjustment", did that include removing the adjustment screws completely, I can't remember what you told me.

If anyone is looking for a unique stock, be sure to check out the ROC Stock 2.0, we offer adapters for the T9.1.
1. I've installed, uninstalled, and tweaked these now around 50 times. Frankly to imply that it gets easier is simply not true. It's just as difficult the 20th time as it was the first time to slide that trigger spring in with the upgraded trigger. I'm no novice at this nor at working on tibs. If you want to use the trigger springs they are a #$%^ pain, plane and simple.

2. I don't like the removed trigger spring. The feel of the pull isn't as uniform without it and for my tastes is a downgraded feeling from the stock with the spring.

3. Yes. On the problem markers the adjustment screws were also tested fully removed. Soon as the stock trigger went in... problems were immediately gone.

... we've been back and forth on this more than enough times. It's clear that the problems is with the tolerances on the markers from Tiberius. I frankly don't have the time to mess with it anymore on some of these markers. I've shaved and polished push rods, dremeled out a larger passage in the grip for the push rods, tried a new gripframe, and completely rebuilt one of the sear groups with new bits... The amount of time I've put into this because I wanted it to work 100% has at this point been excessive. It's pretty disgusting how magical it is that everything works fine again when the ONLY thing I switch back is the trigger. Then that same killjoy trigger works 100% in a different pistol.

I've got too large a collection of Tibs (5) that people use to deal with the added maintenance time and possible problems that arise. I still use them on my main 8.1 and 9.1 as when they work, and are adjusted just right, the improvement is significant.

Last edited by voodooaddict : 06-13-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:57 AM #18
Paintball-Game-3D

We are going to place the Tiberius T9.1 in our Paintball Game Online.
http://paintballgame.com
Old 07-01-2012, 01:45 PM #19
admanobrien

Does anybody know if the killjoy ROC stock is air thru or not? The pics made it look like there was a remote attachment on the back.
admanobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:39 PM #20
voodooaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by admanobrien View Post
Does anybody know if the killjoy ROC stock is air thru or not? The pics made it look like there was a remote attachment on the back.
No, but you can still run a remote with one. Just not through the stock.

The dedicated remote port is on the bottom of the 9.1's back block, not out the back. So the roc stock won't prevent you from running remote.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:35 AM #21
maurer90

what are the best barrels for these
maurer90 is offline   Reply With Quote