PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-22-2012, 02:31 PM #1
jleclipse81

jleclipse81 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Fusion FX Shooting HOT!!! help :(

hey guys...im new to the fusion fx (got it off a trade locally) and i'm having velocity issues. I was checking the gun out and just today i was firing her up and noticed she shoots pretty darn hot (in the 330 fps range). i adjusted the velocity at the bottom of the regulator all the way clockwise and she barely shoots under 300 clocking in the mid-high 290's. we play with a lot of kids locally and i would hate to shoot this at them or at me since i'm trying to sell it locally (and here on nation). is there more to adjusting the velocity? am i missing something? i looked in the stickies and couldn't find anything related to my issue......not sure if i missed or if there is a fusion fx sticky. any help is appreciated...thanks!
jleclipse81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2012, 02:43 PM #2
samwf
(Insert witty quote here)

samwf is an NCPA player
samwf has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleclipse81
hey guys...im new to the fusion fx (got it off a trade locally) and i'm having velocity issues. I was checking the gun out and just today i was firing her up and noticed she shoots pretty darn hot (in the 330 fps range). i adjusted the velocity at the bottom of the regulator all the way clockwise and she barely shoots under 300 clocking in the mid-high 290's. we play with a lot of kids locally and i would hate to shoot this at them or at me since i'm trying to sell it locally (and here on nation). is there more to adjusting the velocity? am i missing something? i looked in the stickies and couldn't find anything related to my issue......not sure if i missed or if there is a fusion fx sticky. any help is appreciated...thanks!
It might sound like a stupid suggestion but did u double check to make sure ur reg is fully assembled? (no parts missing).

Like us on facebook!
samwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:53 PM #3
jleclipse81

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Pride View Post
Your hpr might be creeping..switch it out with a known working one and see if it chronos any lower...if so then I would clean and inspect your stock reg
it'll be a lil tough to switch out with a working one since i haven't seen another fusion fx in my town
Old 03-22-2012, 02:54 PM #4
jleclipse81

the reg is fully assembled...i was able to check after the pliers incident lol
Old 03-22-2012, 03:09 PM #5
justicexd
mowing faces since '83

Service the reg.
justicexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:11 PM #6
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
Aye, borrow a HPR from someone, best to borrow one from someone's marker that is working, screw it on, and see what you have. It really does sound like a reg issue...
NargofWoV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:17 PM #7
jleclipse81

Quote:
Seriously. any hpr will fit on there...dear god.
Forgive me for all i've ever shot are old cheap spyders, tippmanns, invert minis and bt combats. We all can't be gun techs and know these things. That's why we come to these forums for help and not to be bashed
Too bad some people don't have an "attitude adjustment" regulator...cause if they did, i'd know exactly where i'd put the allen wrench
Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 PM #8
jleclipse81

i will see if anyone else has a high pressure reg.....i appreciate the info guys...and thank you
Old 03-22-2012, 03:27 PM #9
Rastven

Speaking of places to put an allen wrench are you putting yours in the right place?
I say this because the first time I used my FX I was confused when it came to adjusting velocity. you need to use a 1/8th inch allen wrench as the adjustment screw is inside that collar piece. I'll admit I tried to use a wrench to adjust the collar for about a turn before I slapped myself for being stupid.
Rastven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:38 PM #10
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleclipse81 View Post
Forgive me for all i've ever shot are old cheap spyders, tippmanns, invert minis and bt combats. We all can't be gun techs and know these things. That's why we come to these forums for help and not to be bashed
Too bad some people don't have an "attitude adjustment" regulator...cause if they did, i'd know exactly where i'd put the allen wrench
Considering you've been here for almost a year you might have picked up on that considering people swap regulators more often than their underwear.

EDIT: also check and make sure your dwell isn't too high.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:09 PM #11
jleclipse81

i came to the forums cause i bought an invert mini and that's all i've used since...i figured i'd give this gun a try....but being here almost a year, no, i didn't pick up on it cause i was sold/stuck on the minis and never had to deal with regulators like this.

though i did break the reg down and all i had to do was give the velocity adjuster a lil "umph".....turns out it was slightly stuck in the threads...i didn't crank it at first for fear of stripping the screw cause i thought that's all the adjuster went. Glad that's over with....gun is shooting in the low 280's now....thanks guys! oh btw.....what's a good dwell number? i checked and it's at 7. leave it or change it?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:09 PM #12
jleclipse81

appreciate the help....many thanks to all!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:57 PM #13
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
Rebuild your reg. Take the piston and spring out, completely clean the both of them, clean the spaces where they go, and put it back together.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:10 PM #14
jleclipse81

I must admit....I did laugh a bit. All has been cleaned and gun shoots fine.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:36 PM #15
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Quote:
Then my job here is done! UP UP and Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There he goes. The last bastion of Dangerous Power and newbs like myself.

/waves
Old 03-22-2012, 10:56 PM #16
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Quote:

OOOOOOOHHHH SNAP

Quote:
And Mr. Negative feedback doesn't realize the train has left the station already!
HAHAHAHAHA... <3

Quote:
I must admit....I did laugh a bit. All has been cleaned and gun shoots fine.
very nice to hear!!

Quote:
Then my job here is done! UP UP and Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you crack me up haha
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:39 PM #17
redrumdnim
dab it up

redrumdnim has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
youve got to take care of the reg and the asa..make sure you check and clean all orings about every other time i would say i love my fx but prevetitive maintanece is the easiest way to go get to knw the gun cleanin it and all the parts..remember when its cold you can be a lil high cause you will lose fps.but if its a warm day than make sure you keep it around 285 fun for everyone.
protected by exalt
covered by empire
(DABD OUT)
redrumdnim is offline   Reply With Quote