What Does The Fox Say?

Annual Supporting Member
Nashorn is playing at Living Legends VII
Nashorn owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nashorn supports Team VICIOUS
Nashorn has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Nashorn has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Nashorn supports Empire
Yeah, but it is more of a safety issue than anything else. The JT paint people smuggle in from WalMart or Academy has been sitting on the shelf for so long its like being shot with rubber bullets. I've seen that crap crack mask lenses.

I support Avid Extreme Sports
Nashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2012, 08:03 PM #44
pbkingofok28

Well, this was a pretty fun event! The only problem I had with it is they really didn't make sure the teams were even. The Russians had atleast 50 more people than the Germans. Most of the players were cool, there were still people, just like any event, that would wipe or just not call themselves out after being hit. Since I couldn't punch underage kids I just yelled at them! Lol
pbkingofok28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:49 PM #45
Josh2013
Awesome at being awesome

Josh2013 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Josh2013 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Good event ready for next year.
Josh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:14 PM #46
ok~sabre

ok~sabre has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Great event! I know our guys had an awesome time.

OK D-Day
4th ID
Uniform Company Co.
ok~sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:12 PM #47
Josh.Smith

Josh.Smith plays in the PSP
Josh.Smith plays in the APPA D4 division
Fun times.
Josh.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:24 PM #48
Nashorn
What Does The Fox Say?

Annual Supporting Member
Nashorn supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkingofok28 View Post
The only problem I had with it is they really didn't make sure the teams were even. The Russians had atleast 50 more people than the Germans.
I beg to differ my good man. We stacked the German side a little higher due to some of the teams' unfamiliarity with the field. All new players that came in after game on were assigned to the German team. At game on for mission 1, there were 220 waivers signed. By the end of the day, there were over 300. So, the Germans got at least 80 more players. That worked out to about a 1.5 to 1 ratio in favor of the Germans.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys had a good time. We were floored by the number of players that showed up. I thank you all for coming. It was the largest number of players that ever attended an AZ event. I walked around and got some feedback from some of the teams and players and next year's event will be even better. I really want to bring in a second tank and let players have some fun with AT next year.

I'd like to give a big shout out to Fox Squad for letting "Tiny" debut at our field. The crew learned a lot of things about their new creation and I look forward to seeing that monster wreak havoc for the German side at D-Day.

We will have 2 more scenarios this year. The scenario slot scheduled for May is currently reserved for "Uncommon Valor". We may leave it alone or come up with a whole new summer game. Our late year scenario of course will be Iwo Jima. I have an idea for a whole new game that more accurately reflects the uphill slugfest of kicking defenders out of well fortified positions. Stay tuned...

Old 02-27-2012, 12:04 PM #49
Paint_Army

Paint_Army owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Paint_Army has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I had a great time and I know that the rest of The Drifters did as well. It was the most people I've ever seen at an Adventure Zone event. Great job to all the folks who put it together! I'll post a link to the video I shot once I cut it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkingofok28 View Post
...The only problem I had with it is they really didn't make sure the teams were even...
Being on the Russian side, I agree with you that it seemed uneven. You would think that it would be easy to make the teams even, but it's extremely difficult. Making sure there are the same number of people on each team is the easy part. It's the mix of skill level and agressiveness on each team that is hard to anticipate and hard to even out. If you've ever tried to put together a big game you'll know what I'm talking about.

My only suggestion is this: if there's a team that's having a hard time, re-start the game and give them an advantage. I really don't think this will bother the scenario guys that play. I think all of us just want a good challenge. I kinda wished you would've reset the second game with the Germans in the city and the Russians at their dead box. Otherwise everything was great and I had a lot of fun. Keep it up!
Paint_Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:30 PM #50
pbkingofok28

I agree that it is impossible to anticipate skill level, etc. Next time instead of just saying if you want to be Russian go there, if you want to be German go over there. There has to be a better way? Thank god that they put the people that showed up late on the German side, I now that there were quite a few of the Germans that said they weren't having fun and just left at lunch and never came back! That pissed me off! 6 of them were people I knew, if I knew they would just give up I wouldn't of told them about the event in the first place! Needless to say being on the German side was a challenge but still alot of fun!!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 PM #51
Nashorn
What Does The Fox Say?

Annual Supporting Member
Nashorn supports Empire
Yeah, it's pretty sad that some folks place the basis of their fun on whether their team is winning or not. Quitters don't become better players. The Blue team members that stuck around for the second half played for the sake of playing. Those are the real players. It doesn't make any sense to pay for registration and paint and leave halfway in. If your side is gettin' their butt kicked - so what? Go play paintball! This is the one sport where you can still have fun even if your side is losing!

In hindsight, I wish I would have put the Drifters and Iron Horse on the German side and given the Russians a bunch of lesser experienced players. The Russians had a solid team core with SOC teams and IYAOYAS. They are all experienced and very aggressive teams. They would have done fine by themselves and a horde of newbs.

But, on paper, the German team core looked like they were good to go with Fox Squad, H.O.G., Jolly Greens, Spartans, and the few guys from the Hellions they had. I will admit I failed to take into account that most of Fox Squad was running the tank in the second half. I thought the additional 80 player "meat shield" would allow them to take ground and hold it. I heard frequent complaints about the blue team's lack of aggressiveness which is the one element that killed them the most. I personally witnessed blue players hanging out at the dead box after a respawn was called. That is something you really can't plan or adjust for.

I am seriously considering making Iwo Jima an everybody vs. SOC and IYAOYAS event like the famous yearly EMR Castle Conquest event in Pennsylvania. That way, there will be no doubt that the odds will be against the defenders...lolz.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:50 PM #52
pbkingofok28

Agree completely. I tried to play a little too aggressive. I'm used to playing with smaller teams to where if you run and gun or run around a corner you have a chance to pick those 1 or 2 people off before they get you, not 5 to 10! Lol. Have to change my playing style, this game showed me that I have alot to work on! My camo clothes were solid pink at the end of the day. Ha ha
Old 02-28-2012, 11:05 AM #53
greekbull
Team IYAOYAS

greekbull owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
greekbull owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
greekbull owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
greekbull owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
This video was taken by Redcoat from the SW Chapter of Team IYAOYAS.

Stalingrad 2012 - Adventure Zone Paintball - Tachyon OPS SD footage - YouTube
btw: make sure an select 480p for the best quality

This is footage of the second mission showing a push led by the YOYOs and our friends from The Drifters around the woods and into the Lost City.

Last edited by greekbull : 02-28-2012 at 11:24 AM.
greekbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:16 AM #54
greekbull
Team IYAOYAS

greekbull owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
greekbull owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
greekbull owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
greekbull owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
As far as the game goes I have a few thoughts: when the game started the Germans definitely had an advantage in numbers I believe 120 to 90ish. And as Nash said you would think with a lot of the teams that were on the German side that it would be set up to be a pretty even game. I think the planning on the side of the Russians set the tone of the game very early. Each team playing for the Russians had a specific mission objective that they were tasked to complete and that was their only objective for the first mission. It played out great for the Russians because each team was able to come up with their own strategies that work for their particular players and bring along a few walk ons with each of them that also were able to adopt that strategy and play along with those teams. We made sure all walk-ons were setup with one of the teams to run with. In fact I had a conversation with my guys and said for today you guys consider yourselves part of IYAOYAS. I gave every one of them a map and told them where we were going to be for each of the first three hours. That way if any of them were shot out they knew exactly where to come back to. I think organization like that with each of our teams was very key to the game!

I think the other factor was just aggressiveness and style of play between the two sides. My team was responsible for stripping the fuel, weapon, and ammo crates and there were a few instances where the attacking Germans had us severely outnumbered. This was particularly evident when we were stripping the fuel barrels. My group only had a little over 10 players and if the Germans had attacked us aggressively they would've overrun us as we were very close to the German Deadbox. Each time we felt pressure a few of us would open up and counter attack the Germans coming at us and they would stop the attack and fall back. Effectively breaking a push by many with just a couple of people. We also had a great Medic running with us who did a great job taking care of any gun or appendage hits.

On the whole I think it was a very well-run scenario. The weather was perfect everyone I encountered seem to have a very good attitude and I had a lot of fun which is how I measure my success at a paintball scenario!

Last edited by greekbull : 02-28-2012 at 12:49 PM.
greekbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:43 PM #55
Paint_Army

Paint_Army owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Paint_Army has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey guys here's some video from Stalingrad. Enjoy! PS: Let me know when you finalize dates on the next scenario so I can update the scenario calendar.

Video: http://youtu.be/hmUKukTyHG0
Paint_Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:29 AM #56
Nashorn
What Does The Fox Say?

Annual Supporting Member
Nashorn supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Army View Post
Hey guys here's some video from Stalingrad. Enjoy! PS: Let me know when you finalize dates on the next scenario so I can update the scenario calendar.

Video: http://youtu.be/hmUKukTyHG0
Nice video! I will be talking with L337 Krew to find out which weekend in May will work for the most members to host Uncommon Valor. Skinny or I will post up as soon as we lock down a date.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:36 PM #57
Nashorn
What Does The Fox Say?

Annual Supporting Member
Nashorn supports Empire
This post is being created due to searches pointing to this old thread. The official announcement for Stalingrad 2013 should be up tomorrow.

Stalingrad 2013 will be held on March 16th.