Cereal Eater

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
twinings plays in the PSP
twinings plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by NationalPbLeague View Post
If you have questions, we have answers.
What was lacking in the traditional, established formats (race-to, NPPL-style scoring) that made your organization feel it was necessary to create an entirely new format?

MCB Feedback
twinings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:03 PM #569
SpikeWesker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlake55 View Post
The concept isn't to take away, the concept is to add a Home based league at a fraction of the cost.... It's working as I spent less money on game day then I do playing a day of rec ball.... That's where its at, making competitive paintball affordable for everyone to play every weekend....
i hardly see how their format catches even a fraction of the true the essence of competitive paintball.

you want to play really competitive paintball and shoot less paint?, play pump.

"for players without organized teams"
well, that makes the whole extensive matching outfits make sense now.

PSP (the main league IRL) should follow the local field initiative and create or endorse regional feeder tournaments that produce regional champion teams that are then sponsored to play at the big PSP events.
SpikeWesker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:52 PM #570
rlake55

rlake55 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rlake55 is for the Gunfight
rlake55 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeWesker View Post
i hardly see how their format catches even a fraction of the true the essence of competitive paintball.

you want to play really competitive paintball and shoot less paint?, play pump.

"for players without organized teams"
well, that makes the whole extensive matching outfits make sense now.

PSP (the main league IRL) should follow the local field initiative and create or endorse regional feeder tournaments that produce regional champion teams that are then sponsored to play at the big PSP events.
I understand but your opinion is based off the style of paintball you like.... What's the correct way to play paintball? That's not for you to decide, its for the people that fill your fields....

NPL REDS AT RED DOT PAINTBALL
rlake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:33 AM #571
atshii

atshii is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeWesker View Post
How would PSP stay in business with this system?

PSP gets money from mainly two sources: teams tournament payments and vendors and you would like to take off the other pillar of their existence?
atshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:47 AM #572
twinings
Cereal Eater

Annual Supporting Member
twinings plays in the PSP
twinings plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by atshii

PSP gets money from mainly two sources: teams tournament payments and vendors and you would like to take off the other pillar of their existence?
The us tennis association, and many other sports, operates with a local system that leads to a national championship.

The system actually broadens the base and makes tournament paintball more accessible. I just don't see why a new format is necessary.

MCB Feedback
twinings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 AM #573
tjboss
Absolute Chaos

tjboss plays in the PSP
tjboss is playing at Living Legends VII
tjboss owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tjboss plays in the APPA D4 division
No they wouldn't, entry would still go to PSP, and it would encourage more lower ranked teams to participate! The "PSP" teams would still go to national tournaments. I just think that would promote more teams to compete at a higher level, also making a higher standard of playing.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:04 AM #574
atshii

atshii is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinings View Post
The us tennis association, and many other sports, operates with a local system that leads to a national championship.

The system actually broadens the base and makes tournament paintball more accessible. I just don't see why a new format is necessary.
Yeah, they do, but it is about as far from the PSPs current business model as can be. PSP organizes 5 tournaments this year and has the people and equipment to make that happen. Chancing that so that they would collect money from all the local tournament organizers would force to change about everything they do.

There is lots of hoopla about all the new feeder series and maybe the idea is - some day in future - to have them actually matter and feed teams to one big championship tournament, but I don't think that is happening soon. The current feeder series run their own businesses and crown their own champions, getting them to give that away is going to take time.

Moving to "local tournaments - regional tournaments - championship tournament" model would also directly fight the current big push to make the webcast. Instead of having five big tournaments per year for people to watch, there would be only one big and a bunch of smaller ones with lower level of play. I don't think that is what is aimed for in the new webcast venture either.
atshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 AM #575
tjboss
Absolute Chaos

tjboss plays in the PSP
tjboss is playing at Living Legends VII
tjboss owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tjboss plays in the APPA D4 division
I only believe this should happen with the low ranks. Like d5/d4 and maybe d3, as an introduction to the high levels
Old 03-22-2012, 11:41 AM #576
SpikeWesker

Quote:
Originally Posted by atshii View Post

aw, i'm soo glad you asked.

they need only to create a new category or division as you might say. and they only need to apply it once (normally on world cup, being the biggest event)

the regional tournaments could be handled by the PSP itself, but being that this is maybe too much work for them, they could just let other parties handle the tournaments (the way they do with their already existing affiliate leagues)

the crowned champions from this "regional" leagues are endorsed and sponsored to play on world cup, for the National - Regional Division Cup or whatever you want to call it.

The "regional division" would have to be regulated in such a way that the already existing PRO teams are not allowed to participate in it (so as to let other new people the chance to make something), and the whole PRO division would then be classified truly as a Professional Club Division.
You want to go pro, you're going to have to belong in the club via past achievements (winning D1, winning National cup, etc etc) and applying for it, similar to how you do it now

that way you protect the Pro Division and the National division per see and let each one be.
The Pro division would still be la creme de la creme, but national championships would actually now mean something too.

the PSP won't lose busyness at all.
if anything they're giving the fighting chance to all the teams that can't normally afford to travel and play in events but can afford to play local and are damn good at it, to actually go to world cup and kick ***.

it won't discourage D1,D2,D3,D4... teams from going to the events they were already planning on attending, as they are just as free to enrole in those divisions as they are now.
But it might encourage local tournament attendance, as those D teams will be tempted to win locally so as to ensure free of charge participation to world cup and the chance to a little more meaningful tittle than D3 champs. They get the chance to become National Champions or whatever. that sounds a little better.

just my two cents.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:05 PM #577
IcyKoolAid
sugar water+purple=grape

if they would have just explained what it is at first it would have been better.. All your retarted top secret meetings, like this was going to be the new sliced bread or some ****.

You cant hype something up to the max for months with NO EXPLANATION AT ALL , its pretty hard to live up to the expectations you created.

and 4 man? cmon??? STUPID. im with the guy above me, scrap this garbage league and make more regional psp feeder leagues.

Last edited by IcyKoolAid : 03-22-2012 at 12:09 PM.
IcyKoolAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:06 PM #578
AlanFolkProject

I have met the NPL leadership and for one completely understand why they did not explain everything the way we wanted and instead explained it the way they wanted because their method was best for them!

Top secret meetings - wow seriously. Like the SUPER EGO MANIACS over at N**L and P*P didn't have any of those too. Why don't you start your comments with "I LOVE EVERYTHING P*P and LANE too!" so we know your a hater of everything else.

Don't be mad because you have wasted thousands of dollars on a league(s) that have done nothing new for the sport except make themselves more money.

Feeder leagues, what a joke. Just realize that the old systems are broken and whatever you do, don't ever come up with a new idea because someone will tell you to scrap it as garbage and stick with the old way. I for one am glad no one ever told Dana White of the UFC that.
AlanFolkProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:05 PM #579
kitiper68
Dein Tot kommt schnell!

kitiper68 posts videos on PbNation
kitiper68 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kitiper68 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
kitiper68 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by atshii View Post
Moving to "local tournaments - regional tournaments - championship tournament" model would also directly fight the current big push to make the webcast. Instead of having five big tournaments per year for people to watch, there would be only one big and a bunch of smaller ones with lower level of play. I don't think that is what is aimed for in the new webcast venture either.
isnt this what march madness is? cant a team's fans watch all the regular games and then there is the best in the nation that make it to the final big tounament that the whole nation watches? that is the premise. each region plays against itself and then once the regiions best overall team is crowned the best teams from around the nation face off and fight there way to a national championship. this i think would encourage more people to play and develop across the nation than sitting at home watching the worlds worst streaming footage of the same eight teams at every webcast tournament.
kitiper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:48 PM #580
NationalPbLeague

It is official; both Reno Indoor Paintball in Reno Nevada and Paintball Knights in San Antonio Texas are both offering free entry for the entire regular season (April through August) for any player that joins their teams.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:14 PM #581
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
LoL - Wrong format. NPPL = boring, but I am sure this is too. 7v7 = snoooze.

Last edited by Brules : 04-03-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Brules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:14 PM #582
AlanFolkProject

Its official Brules is a moron! 1) not understanding that the video was for demo only and those of us that play the game know its so much faster than anything Brules can ever handle and thats why your sitting at HB right now waiting 45 minutes between games to play in the worlds most boring format. They have 10 cameras out there and they still cant cover the slowest paintball format ever created.
Oh you have the NPL confused with NPPL - that makes sense.

2) Stupid comment
3) can't count number of players on the field as there is only 8 - geez. take your shoes off

I am willing to bet that you are sitting at HB wishing you did not waste your money. BLAH HA HA. Knowing that Arkansas produced another illiterate = fail.

Really, don't get your panties in a wad - if you love PSP or NPPL just say so and don't worry about what this league does or does not do. Its just not for you and that is totally ok since not everyone can play this fast of a game. Every team needs a Pod B***H.

Last edited by AlanFolkProject : 03-31-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:54 AM #583
SpikeWesker

haha just attended a brother field trying out the format.

in the middle of the second half, someone plugged the laptop with the xball timer to the stereo and everybody started playing race to 3.

this format is huge fail.

NPPL is no good, and PSP does have room to improve, but out of them all i'll stick with PSP and their defacto leadership any day.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:15 PM #584
AlanFolkProject

What field were you at when you tried the game; a brother field where?
Old 04-03-2012, 01:23 PM #585
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

This format, in my opinion, is so far off from where we need to be. No, I don't think that the NPPL or PSP are ideal, either.

This is adding layers of complexity to the game without adding much value, if any at all.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:35 PM #586
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss

Last edited by Brules : 04-03-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Brules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:13 PM #587
wildcat65gt500
Hack the planet!!

wildcat65gt500 plays in the APPA D4 division
wildcat65gt500 supports DLX Technology
Yes 7v7 for NPPL but for N.P.L it is 4v4. The points are back to back. The written rules are VERY convoluted but the play is super is to understand. Im not sure what field you were at when they played it but he numberous times we have played it up here have been very successful and spectator friendly. This is change and there will always be those apposed to change. NPPL and PSP all started somewhere COMPLETELY different than where they are now. And EVERY step of the way there was push back.
wildcat65gt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:38 AM #588
DJ_Bizarre
-Knuckles- GotKills?

Annual Supporting Member
DJ_Bizarre owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DJ_Bizarre has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
this sounds pretty cool actually, itll be interesting to see what fields participate and who comes out to compete, I have a few local fields around me and i'm already thinking of what team might show up
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.