Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 05:47 PM #127
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dez missed 1 game.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2012, 06:27 PM #128
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Either way, Dez and Austin > DT and Decker.
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:08 PM #129
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just remember....i told you so.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:25 PM #130
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Peyton will make them better. I won't be surprised when they both put up good numbers next season. But Austin and Bryant are still a better combination.
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 PM #131
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So when Decker and DT put up better numbers because they have a QB who can throw they're still lesser then the guys they're doing better than?



notsureifsrs
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:55 PM #132
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
They will still won't have the skills.

As stated earlier, Reggie Wayne, that white kid, and Dallas Clark for example.
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:48 PM #133
memorex
I'm Suppish
 
memorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MN
memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
So when Decker and DT put up better numbers because they have a QB who can throw they're still lesser then the guys they're doing better than?



notsureifsrs
Decker and DT are going to be just like Collie, Gonzalez, and Garcon. They only looked good because Manning was tossing them the pigskin. Would you say any of those guys put together are better than Dez & Austin....Nope. Same thing applies now in Denver. Manning will be boosting their numbers greatly because he is an elite passer. Still doesn't mean they are good even when they boost their numbers from last year. I mean look at the numbers they put up last year with Orton and Queebow
__________________
COWBOYS / T-WOLVES /TWINS/ WILD

Last edited by memorex : 03-21-2012 at 11:53 PM.
memorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:03 AM #134
RLand
Red Dragons!
 
RLand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
RLand posts videos on PbNation
RLand plays in the APPA D5 division
RLand has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
Lots of rookie wide receivers do well on crappy teams? Name them. I'll be waiting.:
Doug Baldwin and Greg Little last season; Mohamed Massaquoi and Kenny Britt in 2009; Donnie Avery and Eddie Royal in 2008; Dwayne Bowe and Megatron in 2007; Greg Jennings in 2006; Larry Fitz, Roy Williams, Keary Colbert, and Michael Clayton in 2004; Anquan Boldin and Andre Johnson in 2003; Kevin Johnson and Troy Edwards in 1999; Wayne Chrebet in 1995...

Not sure how far back you want to go, but how about Tim Brown and Sterling Sharp in 1988... Or maybe Art Monk in 1980?

Now let's hear your lame excuse about why none of the above count... I'll be waiting.
RLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:52 AM #135
memorex
I'm Suppish
 
memorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MN
memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLand View Post
Doug Baldwin and Greg Little last season; Mohamed Massaquoi and Kenny Britt in 2009; Donnie Avery and Eddie Royal in 2008; Dwayne Bowe and Megatron in 2007; Greg Jennings in 2006; Larry Fitz, Roy Williams, Keary Colbert, and Michael Clayton in 2004; Anquan Boldin and Andre Johnson in 2003; Kevin Johnson and Troy Edwards in 1999; Wayne Chrebet in 1995...

Not sure how far back you want to go, but how about Tim Brown and Sterling Sharp in 1988... Or maybe Art Monk in 1980?

Now let's hear your lame excuse about why none of the above count... I'll be waiting.
__________________
COWBOYS / T-WOLVES /TWINS/ WILD
memorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:43 PM #136
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLand View Post
Doug Baldwin and Greg Little last season; Mohamed Massaquoi and Kenny Britt in 2009; Donnie Avery and Eddie Royal in 2008; Dwayne Bowe and Megatron in 2007; Greg Jennings in 2006; Larry Fitz, Roy Williams, Keary Colbert, and Michael Clayton in 2004; Anquan Boldin and Andre Johnson in 2003; Kevin Johnson and Troy Edwards in 1999; Wayne Chrebet in 1995...

Not sure how far back you want to go, but how about Tim Brown and Sterling Sharp in 1988... Or maybe Art Monk in 1980?

Now let's hear your lame excuse about why none of the above count... I'll be waiting.

700 yards and 4 TDs isnt what I'd call a success. Of the names you posted, maybe a quarter of them acutally had good rookie seasons. Like I said, did well, not managed to have a mediocre rookie campaign. I dont know what crap standards you have, but you should probably raise them.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:47 PM #137
spyder20
the magical mystery kind
 
spyder20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ocean City, NJ
 has been a member for 10 years
spyder20 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
DT > Cowboys receivers


/enddiscussion

Last edited by spyder20 : 03-22-2012 at 02:49 PM.
spyder20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:16 PM #138
RLand
Red Dragons!
 
RLand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
RLand posts videos on PbNation
RLand plays in the APPA D5 division
RLand has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
700 yards and 4 TDs isnt what I'd call a success. Of the names you posted, maybe a quarter of them acutally had good rookie seasons. Like I said, did well, not managed to have a mediocre rookie campaign. I dont know what crap standards you have, but you should probably raise them.
Let's forget for a second that you just made my point for me... I guess I should expect all rookies to come out and perform like a HOFer. You have mighty high standards for a Broncos fan.

Anyway, just to catch you back up: back when this all started I said that comparing Thomas to Dez at this point is laughable. I backed up my argument by comparing his first 2 seasons to Dez's, specifically saying that Thomas only managed a measly 25 yards receiving per game that he played in his rookie season (it's actually 28.3... my bad)... you said I'm retarded for whatever reason and made the excuse that he played on a team that "tanked". I then told you that a lot of rookies have played well on crappy teams, you told me to prove it, I did...

Now, fast forward to your last post and I respond with this: if 700 yards and 4 TD's is a "mediocre" rookie campaign, what does that say about your boy? Other than the obvious reason of you being a homer, why are you so high on Thomas (who has 834 yards and 6 TD's in his first 2 seasons)?
RLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:59 PM #139
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLand View Post
Let's forget for a second that you just made my point for me... I guess I should expect all rookies to come out and perform like a HOFer. You have mighty high standards for a Broncos fan.

Your point was the Dez > DT. Which is wrong. And yes, unlike Dallas fans, we do have high standards.


Quote:
Anyway, just to catch you back up: back when this all started I said that comparing Thomas to Dez at this point is laughable. I backed up my argument by comparing his first 2 seasons to Dez's, specifically saying that Thomas only managed a measly 25 yards receiving per game that he played in his rookie season (it's actually 28.3... my bad)... you said I'm retarded for whatever reason and made the excuse that he played on a team that "tanked". I then told you that a lot of rookies have played well on crappy teams, you told me to prove it, I did...
No, comparing them is not laughable. Maybe in your mind it is, but you're failure to be able to see talent and project it, is miserable. You compared statistics, which I said were OK, not great. Not only was he on a crap team, that crap team fired its head coach mid season and replaced their incumbent QB with Tim Tebow, further supporting my argument as to why he had a lousy rookie campaign. And all you proved was that rookie WRs dont do much, which is exactly my point. So judging a guy by his rookie season is foolish, especially with WRs.



Quote:
Now, fast forward to your last post and I respond with this: if 700 yards and 4 TD's is a "mediocre" rookie campaign, what does that say about your boy? Other than the obvious reason of you being a homer, why are you so high on Thomas (who has 834 yards and 6 TD's in his first 2 seasons)?

Because like I stated already, he'll be a stud a WR in this league. I'm comparing him to Dez because they were both drafted the same year and are physically the same. DT does everything Dez does, without the attitude and character issues, and that will show this year now that he has a competent QB throwing him the ball. I'm not entirely sure why you think Dez is so special, he was a #1 option in an offense that was potent, and yet put up numbers that were comparable to...I dunno....Eric Deckers? So the original argument of Dez/Austin >>>>> DT/Decker, is false. And again, it will show this year.


Just remember, I told you so.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:07 PM #140
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Dez > DT
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 PM #141
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:24 PM #142
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
I was thinking about this earlier. Cowboys fans are terrible. They're either fans like me who support them no matter what, or are the ones who are quick to blame when they lose but change their mind when they win.
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:36 PM #143
RLand
Red Dragons!
 
RLand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
RLand posts videos on PbNation
RLand plays in the APPA D5 division
RLand has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
No, comparing them is not laughable. Maybe in your mind it is, but you're failure to be able to see talent and project it, is miserable.


You're judging my ability to see and project talent on this single instance? So far he's done nothing, making my judgment look much better than yours at this point. I never said he doesn't have the potential to be a stud, all I said is that he hasn't shown anything yet and can't be compared to a player that has almost twice the yards and over twice as many TD's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
that crap team fired its head coach mid season, further supporting my argument as to why he had a lousy rookie campaign.
You do realize that the Cowboys had a crap season and fired their head coach mid season (much closer to mid season than the Broncos) in 2010 as well, right?
RLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:38 PM #144
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yea, and did he have Tebow throwing him the ball? I didnt think so.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:41 PM #145
memorex
I'm Suppish
 
memorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MN
memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
Yea, and did he have Tebow throwing him the ball? I didnt think so.
sucks to suck
__________________
COWBOYS / T-WOLVES /TWINS/ WILD
memorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:50 PM #146
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sucked all the way to the playoffs brah. umad?
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:58 PM #147
RLand
Red Dragons!
 
RLand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
RLand posts videos on PbNation
RLand plays in the APPA D5 division
RLand has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'd be mad to make the playoffs at 8-8 with other teams much more deserving having to watch.

...and Tebow was only the QB for 3 games during DT's rookie season. You must know more about the Broncos than anyone else as the Broncos making the playoffs in 2010 isn't even in the record books.
RLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump