Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 03-20-2012, 08:46 PM #85
xeonpb

xeonpb works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheazer View Post
What he's trying to say is compared to newer models, Halos are a pain to take apart for cleaning. And I agree. However I still have two that I use regularly, and looking forward to this.
The cleaning aspect many people like with newer loader system is something we also have improved with Smartguide installed. You easily take out Smartguide from the loader without taking the loader apart and then you just wipe the inside clean.

Yeas the loader is pritty old but it still isnīt a bad loader. Everything inside the loader is well protected from dirt as long you have a sound activated loader.
xeonpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2012, 08:51 PM #86
xeonpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post
I want to see a video of this being used with an uncapped auto gun.

Only way to find out just how awesome and reliable it is
I donīt exactly understand what your point is. Itīs fun to shoot uncapped but actually donīt tell much.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:42 PM #87
MikeSantor
Wub Wub Wub

Luckily I Will be using mine in PSP so I couldn't care less how well it works uncapped. But thats just me... As long as it smoothly feeds 12.5 its good in my book.
MikeSantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:31 PM #88
triedge91
Inception is Conception

triedge91 is playing at Living Legends V
triedge91 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
triedge91 supports Pev's Paintball
i would definantly pick this up in a heartbeat
triedge91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:55 PM #89
Bross120488
That's not very kosher

Bross120488 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
spend 150+ on a rotor for 50bps which no ones shoots and quick dissasembly, or 90 on a halo with a cheap upgrade. that saves me money on a day at the field.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:59 PM #90
xeonpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
looks great, however i have a few questions.

one factor of the prophecy, IIRC, is that the top and bottom cones are truly independent. is this similar? or if the bottom one slips, does the top as well.

this also obviously removes the spring tension of the system - does this include some sort of built in pressure system? the 'fingers' lead me to believe no, but maybe there is something that i'm missing.

i do understand that the loader reacts quite fast, but one thing i loved about the halo, is that the spring itself reacts instantly. i doubt my mini could outshoot this without the spring... but it was designed that way for a reason right?
The top and bottom rotor rotate independent. Top rotor place the balls in the right position to be pushed out. We have also tried to only have smoth surfaces to unvoid that the paint crack against the rotor. Bottom rotor is designed to work with soft old reball. They are a challenge for any loader and you find problems that you never would have got with paint.

When the rotor stop rotating or at least rotate slower than the drive shaft builds a spring tension up. When the pressure gets to given point will the spring system instead reverse the rotor.

When the motor stops is the spring system designed so it reduce the pressure in the ball stack. This also protect the paint from being deformed. A sound activated loader will allways add pressure in the ball stack as long you is shooting.

So you have a spring system and a anti jam system in the same solution.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 PM #91
xeonpb

At Xeon Paintball homepage and under suport is a picture which show how the spring system works.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:12 PM #92
xeonpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire112234 View Post
Looks nice Just a shame that the halo is getting phased out. I still love them, but I've turned to the rotor because of my tendency to destroy halo shells.
If you have good loader for paint you should absoluty stick with it. But you maybe is in a need of a good backup loader. Or need a reball loader sometimes so is Smartguide a smart choice.

In Sweden we play a lot more reball and the Smartguide has proven to work very well with reball.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:16 PM #93
xeonpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13jinx View Post
Looks like a legit product. Bring it to Asia and you could very well see it flying off the shelves. Simple and cheap upgrades is far better than buying a whole new loader anytime.
Talk with your local dealer and we will help you out or order internationell. We is a new company and donīt have any contacts in Asia.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:41 PM #94
xeonpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSantor View Post
Ordered one. I use a halo exclusively. Should be interesting to pull a clutch kit out of one of my halos and put this thing up side by side with a clutch kit. Although I don't shoot reballs and my clutch shoots flawlessly...
I have a Magna with clutch kit but havenīt actually ever used it. Only took it apart to see how the clutch kit work. The problem with that system is when you want to clean your loader itīs easy to loose a couple of parts, right? And it also put force on the ball stack all the time even when it slip. That is a big problem with reball but also if you get a jam with paint. Let me now if you notice any difference in constant bps. Sometimes itīs just a feeling and when you use a computer to see every shoot and compare it to a time axel itīs only ms difference.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:44 PM #95
teddyshooterv2
Southwest Paintball

teddyshooterv2 is playing at Living Legends VII
teddyshooterv2 is Legendary
PM me back so we can get these in the shop ASAP. Thanks.
teddyshooterv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:11 PM #96
xeonpb

Check out XeonPB homepage. We have updated the design and contact information. Dealers can easily contact us under Dealers. Under suport we have a product manual. If you have bought Smartguide you have a warranty card which make it easy to get new parts if there is any problems.

If you play with reball you should check out this product. Works like a charm and save you a ton of batteries.

The Smartguide handle brittle paint but when you compare loaders will you find biggest benifits with reball. Because Smartguide works with wornout reball will it hardly never jam with paint.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:01 PM #97
MikeSantor
Wub Wub Wub

Just got mine. Looks like it is build very and the design and theory of it looks like a good one. We will see how it works in real life applications.
MikeSantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:05 PM #98
TheePsycho
Sadist

TheePsycho is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheePsycho is playing at Living Legends VII
I ordered mine so I have something to test out at LL5, I'm assuming this should work okay with a cheetah board where the magna internals wouldn't.

Last edited by TheePsycho : 03-29-2012 at 06:07 PM.
TheePsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:48 AM #99
Greenmage589
TN Hooligans Paintball

Greenmage589 is a Supporting Member
Greenmage589 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Greenmage589 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Greenmage589 plays in the APPA D4 division
Greenmage589 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Greenmage589 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Greenmage589 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Any updates from people who bought these?

After my reloaded B2 (that I've never had trouble out of) broke paint and jammed twice this past weekend in a tournament I'm interested in this.
Joshie O. #589
Hooligans Paintball! scenario team.
Blitzkrieg Minor League Paintball.
Greenmage589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:35 AM #100
xeonpb

A new drive shaft is designed with "Tool Less assembly".
Old 04-18-2012, 06:57 AM #101
Greenmage589
TN Hooligans Paintball

Greenmage589 is a Supporting Member
Greenmage589 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Greenmage589 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Greenmage589 plays in the APPA D4 division
Greenmage589 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Greenmage589 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Greenmage589 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Do they came with a new smart guide, or is that extra?
Joshie O. #589
Hooligans Paintball! scenario team.
Blitzkrieg Minor League Paintball.
Greenmage589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:01 AM #102
xeonpb

Smartguide TL - Upgrade for Halo

Xeon Paintball releases a new drive shaft with "Tool Less assembly" for Smartguide loader upgrade. The product not only improves the supply of balls for your marker. Itīs also makes cleaning much easier because you donīt need any tool to take out and put in the rotor parts. Smartguide TL is designed for HALO, RELOADER B1 & B2 , MAGNA , HALO TOO.

Earlier post "Smartguide - Loader upgrade" with more information.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3769932
Old 04-18-2012, 07:08 AM #103
xeonpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmage589 View Post
Do they came with a new smart guide, or is that extra?
It will be together with Smartguide and the new name is Smartguide TL. "Tool Less" cleaning makes itīs much easier for the user. There is also a problem with Halo Too because the drive shaft is shorter in that loader. And with this new drive shaft Smartguide fit directly in every HALO, RELOADER B1 & B2 , MAGNA , and HALO TOO.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:56 AM #104
Spike 117

Annual Supporting Member
Spike 117 donated to help Peyton Trent
Spike 117 supports Pev's Paintball
Spike 117 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spike 117 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Spike 117 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Spike 117 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Spike 117 is Legendary
Holy margin rape batman!
Spike 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 AM #105
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
Interesting concept. Is it going to be cost effective enough to justify upgrading an old Halo with these parts over just buying a used Rotor/Prophecy?

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.