Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-11-2012, 12:20 PM #22
TrYH@Rd

alright ive done some with my off hand its gotten alot better it still needs some working on though, and i play football and am pretty solid, the only things i need work on is getting a faster trigger finger, and getting better stuff for my gun. i got a proto rail, with a dye rotor hopper and a pure energy 3000 air tank, if theres anything that could help me with either of those could you give me some suggestions.
TrYH@Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2012, 01:07 PM #23
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

has been a member for 10 years
Coenen plays in the MiLP
Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
A new tank could do wonders. Playing with a 3k steel tank is like hanging a great big anchor on the back of your gun. A nice, carbon fiber 4500 tank would help balance your setup, give you more shots per fill, and would be a good bit lighter. Other than that, I'm not a big believer in upgrading specific guns.

With the used market the way it is these days, it's probably more cost effective to just buy a whole new, nicer gun than it is to spend a ton of money upgrading something. A nice tank, barrel or loader, you can use on anything.

Other than that, just do your homework, and play as much ball as you can. Other than basics, experience is going to be the best teacher for you as you progress. Don't be afraid to try new things, new styles and positions etc. Since you play sports, you know that practice is a time for working on the things you're NOT good at. Paintball is not really a sport of specialization, solid players will generally be able to step into any role on the field at any time. You'll still have preferences, strengths and weaknesses of course, but it'll help you a ton if you can do and understand a little bit of everything.
BLACK '07+ Planet Eclipse OOPS
Coenen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:51 PM #24
TrYH@Rd

alright thanks and a carbon fiber tank is what i got. in the near future im ordering about twenty to thirty air up bunkers, its costlly but as long as im wanting to play its going to save me money
Old 03-11-2012, 02:51 PM #25
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
just dont think that getting bunkers means you have a field, theres a lot more to it.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:37 PM #26
TrYH@Rd

yeah i know ive thought about it for awhile and i go paintballing twice a week and it cost me over 100 to 200 dollars where if i make one it saves me thirty bcks plus paintballs cost alot less if i buy my own, and i have multiple buddies that i could play with. my cousin has a scuba tank that i can use for air. if theres something im forgetting can u remind me before i order the bunkers and everything plz?
Old 03-11-2012, 05:21 PM #27
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

Coenen plays in the MiLP
One SCUBA tank isn't going to last several people very long. An airball field is a big hassle, and a lot of upkeep. Air up, air down, get everything staked evenly, hope it doesn't blow away in big storms, keep fire ants off of it. Keeping critters from making your bunkers their home, repairing holes. Storage if you need to take it completely down. All of that is going to need to be considered.

You're going to have to play a lot of ball to make that cost effective. Depending on where you are you may also have to deal with some unhappy neighbors. You need plenty of space if you're not going to have any netting, which makes safety an issue. It also makes liability an issue if someone gets seriously injured while you guys are playing.

If you have friends that are like minded and playing with you on the regular, why not form a team or a "co-op" of sorts and perhaps talk to your local field about some sort of a discount? If you guys can guarantee him bulk paint orders far in advance he can probably shoot you at least a bit of a deal.

Maybe I'm getting too into the business side of paintball these days, but your local field needs your support, otherwise it will cease to exist, and that's no good for anyone.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:18 PM #28
TrYH@Rd

alright thanks for the info, someone elses input always gives another light on the idea. and its alot of work i know but im dedicated to get on a team somehow and i got to practice and the less i have to play the better. im not trying to be a cheap person but im only fifteen working a minimum wage job. if you have any other advice like how to possibly get on a team or anything else please share.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:03 AM #29
the gun show
fat boy baller

the gun show owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
the gun show supports DLX Technology
I love how my thread turned into an advice are lol

Modern Day MOBsters
The Luxe MOB
the gun show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:06 AM #30
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

Coenen plays in the MiLP
Haha, maybe we'll just start a Tourney Q&A and see where that goes!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:11 AM #31
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the MiLP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D4 division
I started off trying to start a team with friends. We played a couple of mechanical three mans and had a good time. We decided to step it to a serious five man level. The problem was, I was on a way different level than them. Not necessarily of skill, but of commitment. They wanted to never practice, play a tournament with 98's, so I said good luck, I hope yall have fun, and I'm going to find a different team. The field I have been playing recball at for a couple of years has a pretty good team. I can joke around with the owners, and knew some of the refs/players of their team. I talked to them, and I joined. Now I am practicing at least every other week, sometimes more. It may sound like I am rambling but the point I am trying to make is make connections, be prepared to spend money, and work hard. If you do play with friends make sure their serious, if they're not and you decide to join a team, be prepared to put in some serious effort, time and money.
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:19 PM #32
TrYH@Rd

Yeah I get what ur saying, I quit my team with my freinds cause they won't practice with me or help me with me anything so now I'm stuck looking for a team to join and over 1000 to 2000$ in gear, I need some help with finding a team and a feild that teams would practice at I know of paintball arkansas and tsquare but there's like ten other different ones in arkansas and I can only travel around an hour so it's harder than what ud think
Old 03-19-2012, 06:34 PM #33
marinepaintb

Start with a skrim wars tourney. Good way to start. Don't go out expecting to win your first one but try to and mainly use it to learn. Best way to learn paintball is to fail and fix mistakes. Sounds crappy but true
marinepaintb is offline   Reply With Quote