Infinity Kid
Lonely Island

Infinity Kid is playing at Living Legends VII
Infinity Kid supports Team VICIOUS
Infinity Kid posts videos on PbNation
Infinity Kid supports DLX Technology
Infinity`s new marker potential buyers list

Hey guys! As there are many threads forming about what would be cool on the new marker and what we want to see and such, I thought I would start this thread since I am active in the Infinity sub-forum. If/When Infinity Paintball came through with a new marker, Would you be interested? Here is how we can make the list. In your post, if you are very interested, put "Your username; 100%" and that way, we can better dictate if your just looking into it, or very serious about buying it! Be honest with your percentage

List

Infinity Kid; 100%
pbbuddy12; 30%
913boyd;100%
DeadOnpBaller51; 40%
Muhcaulk; 100%
Rpfusa1; 100%
TheNordicBuffadillo; 70%
Panster533; 80%
spiderdevil98; 50-90% (Depending on Price)
OLPB18; 100%
quadrunner; 50%
YeloSno; 25%
phantommaggot; 25%
RHart80; 75%

Last edited by Infinity Kid : 04-13-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Infinity Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2012, 10:58 AM #2
913boyd

913boyd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
913boyd supports DLX Technology
913boyd 100%
913boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:45 AM #3
TyphoonX
Sins Erased

has been a member for 10 years
For me it all depends on looks/performance/price, not in that particular order.

If it were to be pretty much the same at the current Legend with just updated milling and some of the other features that were discussed in the other thread and had I good price tag. I'd say that I would be 100%. However without knowing all of the specifics of what it will be or even when it will be I'd have to say that I'm 75% right now.

I just wish Glenn would come on here and give us his thoughts on what he's planning and better time frame. If he's waiting for the economy, then I think we will all be waiting for a long time. I say that he goes through with it and does it in a limited run of like 50-100 markers.

Basic PB
Christ Krew #246 - Sins Erased - Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain
Old +12/-0
TyphoonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:02 PM #4
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Realistically I'm around 30% probably. I like Glenn alot. Two times I've met him was a very good guy and makes a quality product. But the competition now is mighty strong all around and with no word on even a one year ballpark release date let alone the style marker it will be I don't get how anyone could say 100%.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:43 PM #5
DeadOnpBaller51
What Would W Do

DeadOnpBaller51 plays in the PSP
I think a lot depends on price and performance of the new marker. If the marker shows a lot of improvement over the old legend and can compete with other high end guns out there then I'm all for it regardless of price. However, if it is just a retread of the old legend with a few tweaks then the price can't be more than the $500-$600 range. The legend was good 5 years ago but there are other guns in that $500-$600 price range (Droid, Eteks, etc) that are quality markers that I don't see the old legend's technology having any advantage over.

I'd put my percentage of buying it at around 40%. Part of that is due to me wanting to get a high end marker and not just a $500-$700 marker. Glenn might surprise us all, but I'm not expecting something revolutionary like the Luxe was. I expect something similar to the old legend with improvements where necessary. That's not to say the new marker won't be worth buying, but I don't expect it to compete with the other top ends out there.
DeadOnpBaller51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:48 PM #6
913boyd

913boyd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
913boyd supports DLX Technology
i can put my $300 dollar hk legend up with any high end gun and its gonna do jus as good. if people can afford a high end gun thats what there gonna get glenn makes quality stuff and stands behind his product.
913boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:31 PM #7
TyphoonX
Sins Erased

I have had a good number of high end markers. The marker does nothing if the player using doesn't know how to ball. With that said there have only ever been 3 style of markers that I have used that made me said I'd buy one or buy another one. DMs/PMs, Egos/Eteks and the Legend. While I didn't particularly care for the feel of the Legend in my hand before I got a chance to use it for the first time this last weekend, I was unable to tell the difference between it and my XSV Etek while playing. I will say that it performed up to my expectations, did what I wanted it to and that is how I can say as long as the next Infinity marker is similar in operation, performance and price I would get it.

How can someone who just bought the latest and greatest PE/Dye/BL/DLX/MacDev marker say with 100% certainty that they can't wait for the next years model to come out so they can get it without knowing anything about it or if in fact it will come out? They say it because like they like the product/company and want to support the company. While I may not be the biggest Ego/Geo fan, I would and have bought them because I know that PE puts out a quality product and I like supporting them as a company.

Basic PB
Old +12/-0
Old 03-19-2012, 01:53 PM #8
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
The whole argument of every marker does the same thing and is all personal preference needs to just die. Don't get me wrong, I love my Legend, I bought one the first week they were released and saw them at 2 events before they were released. Sold that one and bought a custom hk legend, then due to sponsorships I had to go to dye. Took a 3 year break and now back and first piece of gear I bought was a Legend again. Will not sell this one and is a day in day out work horse. But when I pick up my g6r it is a different world. It is a different game. Some of it I know is mental. I am no means good I would say but playing rec-tournament ball for over 3 years and I can safely say the g6r makes me a better player. That is without taking into account things like fps consistency and efficiency which people may say those things don't matter but they always will.

In the day the Legend was a very nice marker but it's major selling point was the reliability due to simplicity. Glenn took KISS and beat it to death. I would compare it to modern day edge up on an Etek or maybe like a ego 9 perhaps. But it was never really designed to be a DM slayer or anything. Like I said, there is a good amount of potential here but with this design I am not quite sure what else can be done. Then comes to a full design change but perhaps with the same mentality but I do not see it competing or pulling sales from PE or BL. Sure to sell very well though.
pbbuddy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:26 PM #9
TyphoonX
Sins Erased

In my eyes the only thing that can be a DM killer is another spoolie. The Legend surely wasn't make to be a DM killer seeing that it is completely different design. I don't believe you can call a poppit a spoolie killer and visa versa.

Any marker out there does the same thing. They all shoot paint. Now how fast they shoot, how easy they are to shoot, how comfortable they are in the hands, how balanced they are, how efficient they are, how well their eyes work (if they have eyes), how easy they are to maintain, how smooth their shot is and other such factors into markers vary per marker. Now some people get out there can tell you the difference from marker to marker and maybe even what each marker is blind folded. However I am not one of those people. I could more than likely tell you the difference between a spoolie and a poppit but that is about it. When I play in a tournament I don't care or even notice what is in my hands. As long as it works and is shooting, it's all good as I'm focused on where the other team is and doing my best to keep my guys alive.

This last tournament I was at was capped at 10.5bps. All players were shooting around the same speed, I was at 10bps because of the WAS board. I didn't see one person run out of air during a set (2 games). I even dumped 7 pods and 1 1/2 pods through my Legend off of one fill around 4k or less during one set. Now I can say that not every marker I have ever owned could have done that.

I do agree that Infinity won't compare in sales to the big manufactures. Heck some of the big manufactures can't even compete with PE

Basic PB
Old +12/-0
Old 03-19-2012, 03:13 PM #10
Infinity Kid
Lonely Island

Im going to e-mail glenn a few of these threads and get his input!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:43 PM #11
Muhcaulk
Muhcaulk

Muhcaulk is playing at Living Legends V
Muhcaulk supports Team VICIOUS
Muhcaulk is for the Gunfight
Muhcaulk is for the Gunfight
me 100 percent

New England Avalanche #8
Muhcaulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:19 PM #12
DeadOnpBaller51
What Would W Do

DeadOnpBaller51 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyphoonX View Post
I have had a good number of high end markers. The marker does nothing if the player using doesn't know how to ball. With that said there have only ever been 3 style of markers that I have used that made me said I'd buy one or buy another one. DMs/PMs, Egos/Eteks and the Legend. While I didn't particularly care for the feel of the Legend in my hand before I got a chance to use it for the first time this last weekend, I was unable to tell the difference between it and my XSV Etek while playing.
One weekend of play doesn't provide a fair assessment of a marker. It's days of less than ideal conditions that show what a marker is made of. How does it handle the cold and rainy days or the hot and humid days?

The legend does what it does well but there are markers out there that do it marginally better. That's where you're at with the difference between mid-end and top-end guns; not substantial improvements but marginal improvements. Can it shoot 6 pods or 8 pods? How gentle is it on paint? Is it 1.6lbs or 1.8lbs? The difference is hardly noticeable on a 70 degree and sunny day. However, on a 40 degree and rainy day, how does the paint shoot? Is it consistent? Are you breaking paint? Is the gun breaking?

I have used a legend since the end of 2006 (grant it I took about a 2 year break from 2010-11). It hasn't broken once on me on the field and it shoots well. I've shot older egos (06-08egos) and preferred how my legend shot compared to them. But I can say that there were days (rainy or cold or both) where it breaks paint that other guns don't or where consistency over the chrono isn't what other guns have(this isn't necessarily weather related).

The Legend shouldn't be better than the high-ends of today because it's an 06 gun. However, it did compete with other high-ends in 2006 and for a good price. But for the new marker, if its going to carry a high-end price tag, its going to have to make improvements in several areas. Otherwise, I think a new and improved Legend would fair just fine competing against the mid-end market that's made up by Droids, Eteks, Axes, etc.
DeadOnpBaller51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:28 PM #13
Rpfusa1
Raptor Jesus

Rpfusa1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Having shot a Legend and loving it

Rpfusa1; 100%
Old 03-19-2012, 09:32 PM #14
TheNordicBuffadillo
Still roaming...

Annual Supporting Member
TheNordicBuffadillo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheNordicBuffadillo has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
TheNordicBuffadillo: 70%
TheNordicBuffadillo's Gun Sale!!!
TheNordicBuffadillo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:34 PM #15
szpaintballer

szpaintballer supports Team VICIOUS
szpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
szpaintballer is Legendary
szpaintballer supports DLX Technology
your starting a paintball business?
szpaintballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:53 PM #16
Infinity Kid
Lonely Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by szpaintballer View Post
your starting a paintball business?
No haha! This is advertising for the possible new Infinity Marker
Old 03-20-2012, 09:14 PM #17
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter supports Team VICIOUS
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Waiting to get my HK back and play with it a few days, then will give a percentage!!
Old 03-21-2012, 04:38 PM #18
Infinity Kid
Lonely Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymutter View Post
Waiting to get my HK back and play with it a few days, then will give a percentage!!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:12 PM #19
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Headshotted has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IK, will it be another Fasor? Toss me a pm, with vague as hell specs. I have loved fairs, they shoot great and smooth, hell, of I could find a dragun t1 or a wrath...

Edit - I wrote FASOR for a reason, you insane phone.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:00 PM #20
Infinity Kid
Lonely Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshotted View Post
IK, will it be another Fasor? Toss me a pm, with vague as hell specs. I have loved fairs, they shoot great and smooth, hell, of I could find a dragun t1 or a wrath...

Edit - I wrote FASOR for a reason, you insane phone.

No full description if out! I would imagine Glenn could help you more there

Last edited by Infinity Kid : 03-23-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:16 AM #21
Panster533

Panster533 supports DLX Technology
80% just money will hold me back. I already own a Silver legend and a Black Hk Legend!
Panster533 is offline   Reply With Quote