Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-29-2012, 06:24 PM #1
407Lou

VF-tactical recocking very slowly...

OK, I have an VF-tactical that just started acting weird. I pull the trigger and it shoots fine and recocks fine but then after a while it starts recocking real slow and when I say sloe, maybe take 1-3 seconds to recock. What's odd is that when I'm off the field at the chrono station, it seems fine. As soon as I get on the field, it starts acting up after a while. I've checked the timing and everything seems to be on. Any ideas?

Looking at it a little closer, it seems that when it takes a real long time to recock, pushing the trigger forward helps it recock...

Lou S.

Last edited by 407Lou : 01-29-2012 at 06:37 PM.
407Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2012, 02:20 PM #2
Dk-79
SCHWING!

has been a member for 10 years
Dk-79 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Pull off the trigger frame and take out all the internal bits and clean them.

Make sure your front block is straight and not crooked.

Lube your three way.
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:42 PM #3
407Lou

Thanks for the reply. I will do this. Please bear with me here...how exactly do I lube the 3-way?
Old 01-30-2012, 02:52 PM #4
Dk-79
SCHWING!

Dk-79 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I'm not sure what three way came on the VFs, so I'm going to give you the foolproof way of doing it.

Remove your bolt and cocking rod from the rear of the marker. Using a 1/16th inch allen key, remove the front most set screw on your actuating collar. It's the little cylindrical bit just behind the three way that sits on the rod connected to the trigger frame.

Once those three are out, using a 3/16th allen key, remove the front block. Make sure to rotate the back block so it's out of the way (or remove it, it's actually easier that way).

With the front block assembly off, use the 1/16th allen key to push out the brass three way rod out the front of the three way body. Inspect the orings and check for cracks or brittleness. If they're in good shape, use some Dow or other silicone based grease.

You can remove the beaver tail to make reassembling it a bit easier.

You screw the front block back on, and line up the set screw cut out in the three way shaft with the threaded hole in the actuating collar. Make sure the set screw goes all the way in, or it can bind on the three way body just inside the front block itself.

Put your back block, bolt, cocking rod, and beaver tail back on and double check your timing and that your front block is on straight. You should be good to go.
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:11 PM #5
407Lou

Awesome, thanks for the help!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:10 AM #6
407Lou

OK, so I started doing the above, then I decided to just unscrew the inside of the 3-way and pull it out. There was one broken o-ring on the 3 way and when I started messing with it, all 4 of them were basically just falling apart. Luckily, I had some autococker o-rings and found some that fit. Put them on, then used some synthetic grease (all I had) and put the 3-way back in. Put on my air tank, adjusted the 3-way and it seems good now!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:55 AM #7
SPYDRMN22
Private Labels Only!

It was def the 3 way timing.

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
SPYDRMN22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:27 PM #8
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I had a similar experience with my 2k0 AutoCocker. I had to adjust the 3-way slightly and mess with the trigger plate. Keep the 3-way lubed and you shouldn't have any problems!
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:26 PM #9
KGrandke

I had the same issue with my 99-SFL.. come to find out it was the ram that was.. lets just say it was replaced :-)
KGrandke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:34 PM #10
Miner (Banned)

same here dude
Miner is offline   Reply With Quote