PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-17-2012, 03:30 AM #421
angelballer

has been a member for 10 years
Patch 1.2 is on the PTS. Patch notes here:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2....ame-update-1.2

I'm still trying to figure out how they are doing PVP gear. BM gear is bought with warzone commendations and they are introducing a War Hero class of gear.

Edit: Also, marauders are getting buffed.

Last edited by angelballer : 03-17-2012 at 03:39 AM.
angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2012, 07:27 AM #422
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
glad to see that.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:10 PM #423
angelballer

The amount of rage being generated over this patch is pretty funny. Mercs really got hammered both in their healing tree and arsenal spec. The patch notes say they want to increase mobility of arsenal mercs so they increased the activation time of tracer missile by half a second... Sorcs, who most people think are the strongest class, only lost their ability to keep their force up. For a long PVE fight, that will be big but for PVP, who gives a ****.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:17 PM #424
bubba0315

Sorcs lost some burst healing but the change to consumption isn't a huge deal, you'll just have to be mindful of when to use it rather than every time you innervate. What I find funny is most people think the hybrid spec got nerfed but I guarantee it actually does more damage in 1.2.
bubba0315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:57 AM #425
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
anyone want to get on today and group for warzones/hard quests? I tried getting on earlier this morning to do the cutting the cord daily but got jumped by a big group of pubs
Old 03-18-2012, 02:56 PM #426
angelballer

I may unsubscribe here shortly. Let BW work out the kinks, let other people get to 50, etc. If BW fixes stuff and adds content and more people hit 50, it seems easy enough to subscribe again. People complain about how little there is to do at 50. There is even less to do when you hit 50 and only one other person is 50 as well. This game is definitely not a single player game at 50 and even with 100+ on fleet, it is hard to find a decent group to do HM flashpoints.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:03 PM #427
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
weak.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:03 PM #428
bubba0315

That's part of the reason I don't do the whole roll with the forum thing, since most people play mmo's very casually and I don't. My guild usually has 8-10 people on during off-times and we always fill raids. Plenty of people to queue warzones with, try to find dumb **** to do, etc. I wouldn't want to play this game or any MMO and login to be the only one online.
bubba0315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:18 PM #429
angelballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPopTart View Post
weak.
You probably understand where I am coming from though. Even with both of us on, it can still suck trying to complete the daily PVP stuff. We are skipping on all the PVE content as well. (I figured out how we were screwing up the Directive 7 mission though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba0315 View Post
That's part of the reason I don't do the whole roll with the forum thing, since most people play mmo's very casually and I don't. My guild usually has 8-10 people on during off-times and we always fill raids. Plenty of people to queue warzones with, try to find dumb **** to do, etc. I wouldn't want to play this game or any MMO and login to be the only one online.
It was fine for awhile. We would have 5-6 online at any reasonable hour. We weren't very good at running around together to complete stuff quicker and then people starting rolling alts or quit logging on altogether. I think level differences and people having different schedules threw a monkey wrench in the whole thing.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:22 PM #430
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
wanna play now?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:26 PM #431
angelballer

Working on some other stuff. Trying to get my motorcycle ready so I can take advantage of these 70* days.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:48 PM #432
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
ill be back on around 8:45 est. Will probably watch TWD at the same time.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:58 AM #433
angelballer

WTF? We should crucify you for leaving our guild!

Did you find another one?
Old 03-19-2012, 01:46 PM #434
Arabesque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
Edit: Also, marauders are getting buffed.
Not sure how "buffed" they're getting. I think the changes are intended to bring balance to all three trees. Obviously Carnage and Rage trees are going to be much, much more damage after these changes, but I don't think they are going to be much more than Annihilation if any. And even if they are, Annihilation is still the most utility by nature of the way Berserk affects Juyo.

I believe that the breakdown after the patch goes live will be similar to what it is currently in regards to damage. Overwhelm will be an even more critical component of pvp Carnage Marauders now though, and I might actually have to start using Ravage. I'm interested in seeing the effect Quick Recovery and Decimate have on Rage Marauders though.

This is the biggest change to Marauders:

Quote:
Vicious Throw can now be used on targets at or below 30% of maximum health (up from 20%).
That is huge, massive damage boost for both pve and pvp in any spec. And it will make them an even greater threat in 1v1 or 2v1 scenarios.

"Originally posted by Anonymous: DEAD PARENTS SHORT MIDGET WARRIOR MOVE TO POLYNESIA YOU GARDEN GNOME HOBBIT"

Last edited by Arabesque. : 03-19-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Arabesque. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:12 PM #435
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
WTF? We should crucify you for leaving our guild!

Did you find another one?
yea. seems like a decent mix of PVP and PVE guys. ~150 members with ~30 lvl 50 players. want to join?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:54 PM #436
angelballer

Quote:
yea. seems like a decent mix of PVP and PVE guys. ~150 members with ~30 lvl 50 players. want to join?
Missed this until now. I wouldn't be opposed to moving a character over. How serious are they?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:20 PM #437
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
just got finished with orientation. i thought they were extremely serious when they started talking about officers and ****, but so far it just seems like they are extremely organized. They dont require anything and just seems like a pool of people to go raiding/PVPing with.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:32 AM #438
RunningWithSheep
*fixed avatar*

Is there any chance anyone out there might have a guest pass I could use? I'd really like to try this game, haven't really played an MMO in years.
RunningWithSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:12 AM #439
Mustang7302
has been here too long

Mustang7302 is a founding member
Mustang7302 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Loved playing BF3, but kinda put it on the back burner to play SWTOR, when then got put on the back burner as well for some projects I wanted to work on. This past weekend I decide I would try to play a little BF3 in some down time, only to find out my account has been flagged as having used a multi-hack and I can no longer connect to servers to play.

Did a little digging around and it seems that there are three aggregating databases that compile a list of banned users. None of them have any information as to when the ban was placed and EA will have no part in helping to research. So I say **** em.

I cancelled by subscription to TOR because I can not in good conscience support them any more after having spent as much money as I have with them in the last couple of months.

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."
Mustang7302 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:24 AM #440
angelballer

That's some bull****. I wonder how you got flagged? Is it just punkbuster servers or all servers?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:56 AM #441
Ninja Mouse
KRISTEN BELL AW YISS

Quote:
just got finished with orientation. i thought they were extremely serious when they started talking about officers and ****, but so far it just seems like they are extremely organized. They dont require anything and just seems like a pool of people to go raiding/PVPing with.
That's pretty common for guilds. It is generally a "this is who to talk to if you need _______" and to see if you're a douche or not.

Also, Mustang, that be some bull****. You should protest that and at least make them tell you wtf happened.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote