Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-25-2012, 09:21 PM #22
KryptonicsPB
Fur Sure

-Completely disagree the UL is any better than the matchstick. Both are 14 inch, two piece, and precision honed. The Ul is .692 the matchstick is .689
- Completely disagree either the Dm9 or Drone DX are "made" better than the other. The Dm9 was the last matrix manufactured in America I believe, and the Drone DX is manufactured in Australia. Both are solid high grade aluminum, minus the eye pipe on the dm and the eye covers on the Drone DX

The Dm9 actually retailed $1349, while the Drone DX currently sells for $550 new and comes with a warranty. The Dm9 has an lpr while the Drone DX is a dump valve similar in design to the Geo; so yes the shot is a bit smoother on the Dm9 absolutely. Yet, they both were exactly as consistent, even though the Dm9 has already had two years more to break in than the Drone DX.

You left out maintenance as well which should be mentioned somewhat right? The simplicity of Drone DX drive train compared to the complexity of the Dm9's is an aspect to take in to account also; in the same way a person would choose a Geo2 over a Dm12 or Luxe. That simplicity transfers to reliability. No the shot may not be as smooth, but still a fantastic shot, with less of a chance of exhibiting FSDO or developing minor leaks.

Please take my criticisms as constructive. I like what you are doing with this thread and respect your opinions. That is the only reason I spent the time to write a response; to hopefully broaden the aspects taken in to account during your video reviews. They will be better for it, and people who have been around a while like myself, will take them more seriously.
KryptonicsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2012, 10:19 PM #23
TomorrowsGreatest
ATē

Annual Supporting Member
TomorrowsGreatest plays in the PSP
TomorrowsGreatest owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
TomorrowsGreatest plays in the APPA D2 division
TomorrowsGreatest is Boss
TomorrowsGreatest supports DLX Technology
TomorrowsGreatest supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonicsPB
-Completely disagree the UL is any better than the matchstick. Both are 14 inch, two piece, and precision honed. The Ul is .692 the matchstick is .689
- Completely disagree either the Dm9 or Drone DX are "made" better than the other. The Dm9 was the last matrix manufactured in America I believe, and the Drone DX is manufactured in Australia. Both are solid high grade aluminum, minus the eye pipe on the dm and the eye covers on the Drone DX

The Dm9 actually retailed $1349, while the Drone DX currently sells for $550 new and comes with a warranty. The Dm9 has an lpr while the Drone DX is a dump valve similar in design to the Geo; so yes the shot is a bit smoother on the Dm9 absolutely. Yet, they both were exactly as consistent, even though the Dm9 has already had two years more to break in than the Drone DX.

You left out maintenance as well which should be mentioned somewhat right? The simplicity of Drone DX drive train compared to the complexity of the Dm9's is an aspect to take in to account also; in the same way a person would choose a Geo2 over a Dm12 or Luxe. That simplicity transfers to reliability. No the shot may not be as smooth, but still a fantastic shot, with less of a chance of exhibiting FSDO or developing minor leaks.

Please take my criticisms as constructive. I like what you are doing with this thread and respect your opinions. That is the only reason I spent the time to write a response; to hopefully broaden the aspects taken in to account during your video reviews. They will be better for it, and people who have been around a while like myself, will take them more seriously.
Seems as though your main concern is the complexity of the markers. Yes the dm is a pain in th *** to clean of you have no idea what you are doing. However if you have the slightest bit of knowledge on markers it's really not that bad. Every gun is complex in their own way. However my comparison video is to tell people which markers I feel are just better. I have received requests from people that would to know because they are up in the air on these particular guns. In my opinion, the drone did not meet the standards as the dm9 was more suitable. However I will take you tidbits of advice and try to incorporate some ideas in the videos to come. Thank you for your criticism as I know my videos are not perfect just something that may give someone an edge on deciding what marker they want to purchase.
SOCIAL PAINTBALL | EXALT | LUXE | VIRTUE | TIKI'S PAINTBALL
2011 Rail
TomorrowsGreatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:06 PM #24
KryptonicsPB
Fur Sure

Quite the contrary man. I myself have no issues with any marker ever made in terms of complexity or simplicity. I love matrixes for one. I've owned and maintained my fair share of various guns since I started playing over 10 years ago now; cockers, angels, bushys, timmys, geos, matrixes, etc. I actually LOVE disassembling and tuning markers.

I think you missed the point of my post entirely. Your reviews are extremely biased, and you're representation of the Drone DX, Luxe, and Ego 11 show that. Albeit your opinion absolutely does matter, but it is clear you are not giving accurate representation of the markers at hand. That's not fair to those unable to try out markers on there own, those less tech savvy, and those manufactures who developed what you are shooting.

You are leaving out "tidbits" that matter; e.g the case the ego and luxe come with or the fact the Dm9 was shooting a full 20fps lower than the Drone DX for the kick test. You mention the Asa's in the g6r/ego video but not the Drone/dm video. Or the Clone being less efficient than a Luxe or Demon when truthfully it is not. You say you want to influence people's decisions, so do it as righteously as possible bro.

The only reason I am mentioning all these things is if you keep that sort of inconsistency up, fanboys will end up in here flaming you and your opinions will be diminished. I hope to see v2, v3 of this thread as I'd much rather have a channel like this to turn to, than Mike's on Tech PB.

Really, I do mean well. Furthermore, I would shoot ANY of the markers you've currently reviewed and be happy. I've played with all but the Demon and I personally can't distinguish between any when playing all that much. Everything nowadays shoots so well that it's the little tidbits that matter.

-Chris

Edit * from one service member to another

Last edited by KryptonicsPB : 02-25-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:02 AM #25
skra27

skra27 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
skra27 is for the Gunfight
skra27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
skra27 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
skra27 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
great idea

could you do a geo vs a luxe?
and sell me your luxe!
skra27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:16 AM #26
TomorrowsGreatest
ATē

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Quite the contrary man. I myself have no issues with any marker ever made in terms of complexity or simplicity. I love matrixes for one. I've owned and maintained my fair share of various guns since I started playing over 10 years ago now; cockers, angels, bushys, timmys, geos, matrixes, etc. I actually LOVE disassembling and tuning markers.

I think you missed the point of my post entirely. Your reviews are extremely biased, and you're representation of the Drone DX, Luxe, and Ego 11 show that. Albeit your opinion absolutely does matter, but it is clear you are not giving accurate representation of the markers at hand. That's not fair to those unable to try out markers on there own, those less tech savvy, and those manufactures who developed what you are shooting.

You are leaving out "tidbits" that matter; e.g the case the ego and luxe come with or the fact the Dm9 was shooting a full 20fps lower than the Drone DX for the kick test. You mention the Asa's in the g6r/ego video but not the Drone/dm video. Or the Clone being less efficient than a Luxe or Demon when truthfully it is not. You say you want to influence people's decisions, so do it as righteously as possible bro.

The only reason I am mentioning all these things is if you keep that sort of inconsistency up, fanboys will end up in here flaming you and your opinions will be diminished. I hope to see v2, v3 of this thread as I'd much rather have a channel like this to turn to, than Mike's on Tech PB.

Really, I do mean well. Furthermore, I would shoot ANY of the markers you've currently reviewed and be happy. I've played with all but the Demon and I personally can't distinguish between any when playing all that much. Everything nowadays shoots so well that it's the little tidbits that matter.

-Chris

Edit * from one service member to another
I see what your saying and I do have to agree with you on certain extents. I don't feel that I go into some videos with a biased opinion because I already feel I know which marker I prefer is better. I think what I'm going to do that way every video is the same from here on is make a plank listed of ever aspect on the marker and just fill in pros and cons of each that way I don't leave anything out like you said the Asa's in the dm9 video. I guess another thing was I was trying to condense the videos down somewhat because I know some people don't have the patience to sit through a 10-12 min comparison review. I guess I was just trying to state the few thing that stuck out to me and just mention those however you said with the case and what's included should be talked about as well. I can agree and disagree on that simply for the fact I'm trying to reach out to all levels of players and some don't really care about the case and when trading on here they don't always have a case so it mor of a gun v gun rather than a new marker fresh from eclipse or dye etc. I don't always get my markers in nib condition so it's also hard to make a video with what's included when I don't always have everything. But I will make an effort to mention the case. And I'll start taking a little more time with making sure I cover everything in all the videos to come. I really appreciate your input and for being upfront. No disrespect takin just trying to help the pb community since I have all the markers at one point or another.

Thanks
Austin
2011 Rail
Old 02-27-2012, 09:16 AM #27
TomorrowsGreatest
ATē

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by skra27
great idea

could you do a geo vs a luxe?
and sell me your luxe!
Geo1 or 2
2011 Rail
Old 02-27-2012, 11:15 AM #28
skra27

skra27 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
skra27 is for the Gunfight
skra27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
skra27 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
skra27 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomorrowsGreatest View Post
Geo1 or 2
geo2 or 2.1
skra27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:15 PM #29
TomorrowsGreatest
ATē

Annual Supporting Member
Alright I'll let you know when I get a luxe again
2011 Rail
Old 02-28-2012, 09:57 AM #30
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
If possible, Id love to see an RX in there probably against an 09/10 ego or maybe an etek 3am. Gotta show the macdev poppit some love
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:13 PM #31
erikguti

Annual Supporting Member
erikguti donated to help Peyton Trent
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
erikguti supports Team VICIOUS
erikguti is for the Gunfight
erikguti is for the Gunfight
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Great Review!!! Like what you do for the Pbnation community
Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 PM #32
TomorrowsGreatest
ATē

Annual Supporting Member
thank man
2011 Rail
Old 03-06-2012, 04:53 PM #33
TomorrowsGreatest
ATē

Annual Supporting Member
new video posted
2011 Rail
Old 03-07-2012, 10:06 AM #34
KryptonicsPB
Fur Sure

I like the new review
Old 03-07-2012, 11:44 AM #35
TomorrowsGreatest
ATē

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I like the new review
Thanks, tried to make what was discussed and tried to use it
2011 Rail
Old 03-10-2012, 05:10 PM #36
Shru

watched all of your videos just now...
enjoyed everyone of them myself...

and i have owned a drone dx, lasted 1 weekend, that pinging noise you mentioned bothered the crap out of me..
I am a bit more of a spoolie type guy, but hands down the g6r is the best poppit out now, I can care less about content packages honestly..
I have internet, so i can get manuals, I have at least 10 sets of allen keys, so i could care less about that as well....

If people are influenced by packaging to buy a marker, than i truly feel sorry for you, I have owned an ego 08 and shot a well tuned ego 11 as well, both are nice markers, but I myself prefer my g6r....

Sorry for rambling abit, I will look foward to seeing more of these videos....
Great work TomorrowsGreatest, really appreciate you taking time to do these.
Shru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 PM #37
TomorrowsGreatest
ATē

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shru
watched all of your videos just now...
enjoyed everyone of them myself...

and i have owned a drone dx, lasted 1 weekend, that pinging noise you mentioned bothered the crap out of me..
I am a bit more of a spoolie type guy, but hands down the g6r is the best poppit out now, I can care less about content packages honestly..
I have internet, so i can get manuals, I have at least 10 sets of allen keys, so i could care less about that as well....

If people are influenced by packaging to buy a marker, than i truly feel sorry for you, I have owned an ego 08 and shot a well tuned ego 11 as well, both are nice markers, but I myself prefer my g6r....

Sorry for rambling abit, I will look foward to seeing more of these videos....
Great work TomorrowsGreatest, really appreciate you taking time to do these.
Thanks man I felt the same way with the contents but It was brought to my attention that people do care about that stuff so I'm just gonna try and through it in as a little tid bit of info. And yes I 100% agree with the g6. People were pretty upset on YouTube saying the ego was better but shooting them side by side the g6 truly shoots and feels better. Thanks for your support and more videos will be coming soon
2011 Rail
Old 03-15-2012, 01:46 PM #38
TomorrowsGreatest
ATē

Annual Supporting Member
i have a few more markers that have been requested previously coming in so videos will be made soon
2011 Rail
Old 03-15-2012, 11:40 PM #39
dyzfunctioned
Buy my stuff :)

dyzfunctioned has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Thinking about buying a Clone VX soon, would love to see the comparisons involving those.
dyzfunctioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:18 PM #40
Shooter28
PEACE

Shooter28 plays in the PSP
Shooter28 plays in the APPA D3 division
Shooter28 supports DLX Technology
Shooter28 supports Empire
Look at you guy, nice thread.
ΞΞ

R.I.P. Rob Kerr 2/1/91 - 3/15/10 & {HSP}
Gun Sale Thread | SHOCKER PARTS!!! | My gun collection | D00M.
Shooter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:14 AM #41
Shru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
Thinking about buying a Clone VX soon, would love to see the comparisons involving those.
I would love to see a video on this compared to some other markers as well..
I have been looking at this marker as well, but where i play, noone owns one so i can never see how it sounds and feels..

Thanks once again for doing these videos
Shru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:16 PM #42
TomorrowsGreatest
ATē

Annual Supporting Member