Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-18-2011, 11:07 AM #1
lngjohnslvr
J-I-P-C

lngjohnslvr is for the Gunfight
lngjohnslvr supports Pev's Paintball
SIDEWINDER Issue

ok so i just picked up a used sidewinder reg for my orracle sniper. i know that this might be misplaced in this thread because it isn't an AKA gun, but i thought it was worth a shot at going here since the reg is. i have a standard on off and macro line setup but as soon as i air up my marker, the macroline gets blown clean off. ive tried switching regs and everything works fine so i'm thinking it must be an issue with how the reg was setup previously. i know they owner before me had similar issues (which is why he was so quick to part with it). Anyone with any ideas, PLEASE SHARE!

Moderately-sized Gearbag Salehttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3856729
lngjohnslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2011, 11:23 AM #2
Gryphon43

Gryphon43 plays in the APPA beginner division
The regulator will not have this effect on the hose supplying air to it.

The macroline gets blown out of the fitting? or the fitting gets blown out of the threaded hole in the reg?

If the macroline is coming out of the fitting then you need to replace the fitting and possibly the macroline itself.
If the fitting is coming out of the reg, then you would have to replace the swivel donut that the fitting threads into.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:34 AM #3
lngjohnslvr
J-I-P-C

lngjohnslvr is for the Gunfight
lngjohnslvr supports Pev's Paintball
yeah its just the line getting blown off the fitting. ill try some new line and fitting. just thought of something: my on/off feeds the line straight out the front instead of the side like my previous ones so the line doesnt look like its in exactly straight. do you think that might have something to do with it?

Moderately-sized Gearbag Salehttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3856729
lngjohnslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:20 PM #4
Yochinaman
Gun Gigolo

Yochinaman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
There are lots of varieties of macroline. Some are rated quite low (2-300psi)? Much of the macroline sold I believe were of the 600psi variety, but the burst rating is much higher (3x?). If your hpa tank is dumping 800-850psi, you are out of the operating range of the line. Also if a line has blown before and you're just shoving it back in, it won't have as good a grip as a brand new cut line. I have seen macrolines labeled as 1000psi stuff, so if you going to get new line, get that stuff. Or change to a properly fitted SS braided hose and be done with it all. Those are in the range 3000psi working pressure. Excuse my ignorance if any of this info is out of date, I haven't used macrolines in over 10 years because of these issues.

Maybe your tank is creeping and causing all this?
Old 03-15-2012, 11:19 PM #5
Blue_Cobra
Nxe-HK*ARMY-JT-Dye-Guy

Blue_Cobra owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blue_Cobra supports Team VICIOUS
Blue_Cobra posts videos on PbNation
Blue_Cobra supports Pev's Paintball
Depending on how high the is, the macro line can only hold to a certain psi (I'm not sure what it is). You may want to get the woven steel covered hose (whatever those are called. ) and that would fix the problem with the macro coming out. Or you may need to have a slightly longer macro in place, because if it is too short the macro won't hold.

"Originally posted by greenperson: lol you just completely shutout savephace. they were like "look. our lens can take a gelatin shell at 425 FPS". and Vforce is like "ok. ours can take bullets.""
LEGO PAINTBALL WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Need to sell gear? Go to U.S.A. B/S/T! It's easy & it's Facebook!

Last edited by Blue_Cobra : 03-16-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Blue_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:16 AM #6
MeuroM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Cobra View Post
The AKA Sidewinder reg is a high pressure reg. It can allow the full pressure of the tank into the marker. On automags, they can run at 3000 psi...anyway, the thing is, if you are running high psi, the macro line won't be able to hold. So you may want to get the woven steel hose (whatever those are called. ) and that would fix the problem with the macro shooting out. Or you may need to have a longer macro in place.
None of this makes sense.

-Tanks have regs, and they don't output 3000psi, higher ones are around 1200psi or so. I'm not sure about upper range of all the adjustable ones though. They also have burst disks that will blow up and vent air/pressure if something goes wrong with the reg and it overpressurize.

-Sidewinder is a reg. Its output range is 0-850psi or so. It is not supposed to allow "the full pressure of the tank" into the marker, since the tank is already regulated down by its own reg. I guess you can bypass the reg if you adjust it to 850psi/max and have your tank reg outputs under that, but why would you do that.

-Macroline bursting has nothing to do with the Sidewinder reg. Macroline is between the tank's output and the sidewinder's input, so the problem is probably the fitting having a hard time holding the macroline in, or tank's output pressure getting pretty high, but the macroline might just break in this case.

Please do not misinform people while replying to old (5 months) posts. Thank you.

I am MorueM / Cocker's and AKA's aficionado..
Resurrected Swirl / Poop-O-type / RevengeV2 / Most of my AKA bunch
MeuroM is offline   Reply With Quote