PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-21-2011, 03:07 PM #85
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
Helpful, I hope, tip for replacing the Breech O rings on the G3 and G4 markers.

Problem: My sons Breech O ring went bad on his G3, took it out spent hours trying to re seat the replacement O ring.

Solution: Finally in desperation, I grabbed a Freak Insert used it to guide the O ring into the breech fairly even... heard it "pop" into place. Took like 4 seconds.

Just thought this my assist folks with replacing Breech O rings.. If someone else covered this above.. sorry for the duplicate post.

Last edited by NargofWoV : 11-22-2011 at 06:47 AM.
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2011, 08:02 PM #86
xmc1146
Mount Vernon, Wa

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NargofWoV View Post
Helpful, I hope tip for replaceing the Breech O rings on the G3 and G4 markers.

Problem: My sons Breech O ring went bad on his G3, took it out spent hours trying to re seat the replacement O ring.

Solution: Finally in desperation, I grabbed a Freak Insert used it to guide the O ring into the breech fairly even... heard it "pop" into place. Took like 4 seconds.

Just thought this my assist folks with replaceing Breech O rings.. If someone else covered this above.. sorry for the duplicate post.
great thought, but letting everyone know that you are running metal with metal so be very careful if you want to go this route. it could be hard replacing those orings, so any good idea is helpful.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:50 AM #87
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
Good point. I don't recall it being a tight fit with the breech size and the freak sizing, perhaps I can go back and take a look. However, even if it isn't you certainly don't want to scratch the inside of that area!
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:08 PM #88
#1WoodsBaller

#1WoodsBaller is playing at Living Legends V
#1WoodsBaller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
My sons friend got a G4 for Christmas .....bolt stick out of the box. I'm gonna clean and re lube with sleek.

WTB or Trade for Grey Racing Strap PM Me!!
#1WoodsBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:38 PM #89
Nickelswim123

Any tips for replacing the inner oring on the RAPS? Im pretty sure mine busted.
Nickelswim123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 PM #90
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelswim123 View Post
Any tips for replacing the inner oring on the RAPS? Im pretty sure mine busted.
The one on the pin? Must be since it is the only one on the RAPS .

Here is what you need to do:

Unscrew the screw that holds the RAPS lever in place - warning - becasue of the pin spring, everything will want to come fling off so be careful not to lose anything and keep a little pressure on the lever as youtake it off

Use a dental pic to take the old one off (or if it is chewed up, you can just cut it off - just don't cut up the pin)

With the new o-ring in hand, put a little bit of lube between your fingers and lube the o-ring and RAPS pin.

Slide the o-ring onto the pin and down into the groove

Reassemble everything. Remember to put the pin spring back on the pin too.

DONE!! Good luck and post up if you run into problems
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:56 PM #91
Nickelswim123

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
The one on the pin? Must be since it is the only one on the RAPS .

Here is what you need to do:

Unscrew the screw that holds the RAPS lever in place - warning - becasue of the pin spring, everything will want to come fling off so be careful not to lose anything and keep a little pressure on the lever as youtake it off

Use a dental pic to take the old one off (or if it is chewed up, you can just cut it off - just don't cut up the pin)

With the new o-ring in hand, put a little bit of lube between your fingers and lube the o-ring and RAPS pin.

Slide the o-ring onto the pin and down into the groove

Reassemble everything. Remember to put the pin spring back on the pin too.

DONE!! Good luck and post up if you run into problems
thanks! Ill try that!
Nickelswim123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:02 PM #92
steelmana

g4 problems

problem fixed. .

Last edited by steelmana : 01-21-2012 at 01:51 AM.
steelmana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:37 PM #93
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
I'm new here so I'm guessing, trying to learn this stuff. I'm gonna guess Noid. It would not hurt to service the Noid. BUT might wait for one of the other guys to catch this. They are better versed in this stuff.
GraniteGargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:48 PM #94
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
It is the noid. It would be helpful if you made an actual thread in the board about it instead of talking about it in here. You will get more responses, and help future users with your thread.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:18 PM #95
TheTrueDiablo

TheTrueDiablo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheTrueDiablo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheTrueDiablo has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
thanks for this it helped my marker greatly
Old 02-19-2012, 03:54 AM #96
ProGression
Cereal Killers 2013

ProGression has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ProGression has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I decided to jump back into the sport about a month ago and was going back and forth between the 2011 DP G4 and the 2011 Proto Rail. I read all the threads about " Out of Box " issues with the G4 and then the Pro's of what it was like after said problems and then settled on buying the G4. I've had it for about 2 days now and have fired close to a case of paint through it with zero problem.

Took it to a field today to play, never really thought to change it to PSP3 mode so it was on Semi all day. Took a rough dive into snake and still haven't had any problems. I'd say that maybe further down the line in the 2011 model production, they may have done something to solve the out of box issues but again that falls down to no marker has a specifically labeled " birthday " just birth year. So you'll never know which was fresh shipped from the factory or what's been sitting in the Pro Shop for 8 months.

Guess it's luck of the draw but so far it shoots like a dream. All the prowess of my SP Nerve from the 2004 era in a package that's half the weight almost and just about half the pricetag. Glad Paintball prices haven't inflated =)
ProGression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:02 AM #97
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGression View Post
I decided to jump back into the sport about a month ago and was going back and forth between the 2011 DP G4 and the 2011 Proto Rail. I read all the threads about " Out of Box " issues with the G4 and then the Pro's of what it was like after said problems and then settled on buying the G4. I've had it for about 2 days now and have fired close to a case of paint through it with zero problem.

Took it to a field today to play, never really thought to change it to PSP3 mode so it was on Semi all day. Took a rough dive into snake and still haven't had any problems. I'd say that maybe further down the line in the 2011 model production, they may have done something to solve the out of box issues but again that falls down to no marker has a specifically labeled " birthday " just birth year. So you'll never know which was fresh shipped from the factory or what's been sitting in the Pro Shop for 8 months.

Guess it's luck of the draw but so far it shoots like a dream. All the prowess of my SP Nerve from the 2004 era in a package that's half the weight almost and just about half the pricetag. Glad Paintball prices haven't inflated =)
Good to hear. Mine was lubed fine from the factory as well. I did have to replace my macro fittings soon after buying it. DP macro fittings are pretty bad. Check out the TechT Bolt Engine upgrade for the G4. It is worth the money. And if I remember correctly, when the Nerve first came out it was more than thrice the price of a G4 - over $1000. If you have any questions or issues feel free to come to the DP section and ask away. You will find the nicest and most helpful group of guys on PbNation in the DP section.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:24 PM #98
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
The new g4s do come working out of the box most of the time. i still encourage following this thread though because they do have some crap lube. i wouldnt be surprised if the marker got a little smoother and alot more consistent after a proper relube.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:31 AM #99
ProGression
Cereal Killers 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
The new g4s do come working out of the box most of the time. i still encourage following this thread though because they do have some crap lube. i wouldnt be surprised if the marker got a little smoother and alot more consistent after a proper relube.
To be perfectly honest, the G4 is already firing like a dream. The only thing holding it back to me at this point is my Halo hopper. It has a rip drive in it but it won't keep up past 25bps. Which overall is fine. I don't go out to destroy players or make them not want to play. I play for the fun of the game. My G4 is PSP3 set and capped at 20bps.

I'm a mechanic and when it comes to your " I wouldn't be surprised if the marker got a little smoother and alot more consistent after a proper relube " remark, everything works just the same as it did prior to relubricating after a proper cleaning or re lubrication. What I mean by this is as long as you properly maintain your equipment it will always work the way it should.

Out of the box my marker was firing at 260fps, with 20 seconds of tweaking I had it firing consistently through an entire hopper ball by ball at anywhere between 274fps and 280fps. While DP's lubricant may not be top notch and everybody has a preference it seems like they may have worked the kinks out and are producing probably one of the best markers on the $300 range.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:52 AM #100
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
im glad its working out for you though i dont see the need for 20bps? 15bps seems to be the max "socially acceptable" unless your using uncapped semi.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:04 AM #101
ProGression
Cereal Killers 2013

The 20bps is set because of a guy who was running a Geo2 on the field last week seemingly uncapped. Was trying to make sure he got the same treatment =)
Old 02-21-2012, 02:25 AM #102
ProGression
Cereal Killers 2013

Also was wondering, my local shop doesn't carry any of the lubes suggested by other players here but they do carry Planet Eclipse grease. Would this be acceptable to use on my G4?
Old 02-22-2012, 05:47 PM #103
CowPharts
Blue Whales, Deadly.

CowPharts has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I fixed mine by relubbing everything except the solenoid. Also it seems that some of my fittings were busted so I put some new ones on and it shoots like a charm, they are colored too and look awesome. Anyways, even though I have done all of the above as well have replaced my macro line, would you suggest relubbing the solenoid becuase that sounds like a tricky thing to do and I don't want to ruin my solenoid.

"Just use your barrel as a blow gun, who needs to pay for air?"
CowPharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:49 PM #104
916baller
I love dehr.

916baller is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
916baller supports DLX Technology
if there isn't a problem, then don't do it. leave it alone and shoot the tits out of it.

but if there becomes a problem, do everything else and resort that too last because it's a pain in the *** IMO.

Shocker FS; Luxe FST. PM for Details

End of 2014 Comeback.....
916baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:05 PM #105
Hi Im A Duck
Almost Doesnt Count

Hi Im A Duck owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Hi Im A Duck has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hi Im A Duck has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hi Im A Duck has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ok so sense ive heard that there are problems with the g4 is it worth the buy? ive been playing pump and i dont really know that much about electric guns. but i would like to have a good semi that i can use, its also a pretty good price but should i save up and get something else?
Hi Im A Duck is offline   Reply With Quote