Infinity Kid
Lonely Island

Infinity Kid is playing at Living Legends VII
Infinity Kid supports Team VICIOUS
Infinity Kid posts videos on PbNation
Infinity Kid supports DLX Technology
3 Man Beginner tournament

Hey guys! I know there is a ton of 3 man strategy threads up, but I need some more "intense" answers!

So I have a team that is wanting to play our first tournament! We found one that is over summer and all want to play! So this is where you come in!

1) Would it be logical to send some one into snake, or just snake corner?
2) Where should your best player be playing?
3) How many pods on average should we be carry`n out to the field?
4) What should we be practicing most?

-Thanks, Nate
Infinity Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2012, 09:05 PM #2
Paintman15
Justin

Paintman15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintman15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I am planning on playing my first 3 man in May as well, so I don't know enough to give you a lot of info, but I can tell you from playing recball that you should put your snake guy into the corner first, and then have him bump in if you get up bodies and he is SURE he can make it. Other than that, I can't help you much, but maybe some more experienced people will see it now and help you (and me) out.
"A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. Uh, I'll call BS. You ever seen Deadliest Catch? I don't know many accountants that get plunged into 40 degree water and end up with all their friends drowned. And you can always make any scenario worse by adding 'and then a roller coaster cut my head off'. Just saying".
-Daniel Tosh

If you can't beat 'em, might as well eat 'em, cause no one's getting out alive!

-Sick Puppies
Paintman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:57 PM #3
Infinity Kid
Lonely Island

Infinity Kid is playing at Living Legends VII
Infinity Kid posts videos on PbNation
Infinity Kid supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintman15 View Post
I am planning on playing my first 3 man in May as well, so I don't know enough to give you a lot of info, but I can tell you from playing recball that you should put your snake guy into the corner first, and then have him bump in if you get up bodies and he is SURE he can make it. Other than that, I can't help you much, but maybe some more experienced people will see it now and help you (and me) out.
Infinity Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:01 PM #4
protoballer14
HSI Baller

protoballer14 supports Team VICIOUS
protoballer14 posts videos on PbNation
protoballer14 is an NCPA player
protoballer14 plays in the APPA beginner division
protoballer14 supports DLX Technology
I play 3 man quite often and my best tips would be to send someone into s1 (if they can get there on time), some one in home and another person into d1 again if they can get there on time. 3 man is a quicker paced game in my experience and i usually shoot through a hopper and a pod or two. Also send your best player where he's comfortable. Dosent really matter because 3 man is basically 3 1-on-1's going on at the same time. With that being said the more you practice 1-on-1's the better your team will be.

Type 1 Diabetes Awareness
protoballer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:38 PM #5
MU WISCOBALLER

MU WISCOBALLER supports Team VICIOUS
MU WISCOBALLER supports Team VICIOUS
MU WISCOBALLER is an NCPA player
MU WISCOBALLER has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I would put your best player at home, as they have to be able to play either side, whichever they lose first. I would carry 5 pods, just in case you get into a firefight, but I wouldn't expect to use them all. I would get your snake into corner first, as losing a man in 3 man can be devistating off break.
Gearbag Sale! Vcom Bring Luxes!
MU WISCOBALLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 PM #6
tjboss
Absolute Chaos

tjboss plays in the PSP
tjboss is playing at Living Legends VII
tjboss owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tjboss plays in the APPA D4 division
You don't want 3 players and have a 'best player'. You want 1 dorito player, 1 snake player, and 1 home player. It's your job to figure out how to get your players to move up the field, you don't want to sit in the corners and just shoot the whole game, it makes for a slow game and the other team usually gets angles on you and you'll lose to any decent team. I usually ignore the corners and go straight to the dorito insert and move into it as fast as possible. If your not getting shot at you better move up.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:20 AM #7
Tom?
*>sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Kid View Post

1) Would it be logical to send some one into snake, or just snake corner?
2) Where should your best player be playing?
3) How many pods on average should we be carry`n out to the field?
4) What should we be practicing most?
1) It all depends on the field, but you should definitely have a person on that side, the whole idea of staying away from the snake in 3man is ridiculous.
2) Find out what he does best and let him do it. If he's a good break shooter have him in the back or if he's a good snake player put him there. Not trying to toot my own horn but I've been the best player on a few 3 mans, I mainly played the Doritos or the back center.
3) I carry 3 or 4 pretty much every time i play, if you usually shoot more plan accordingly.
4) Just practice paintball, when you play try to learn from your mistakes and correct them. If you lose a gun fight practice snap shooting, or if you miss a shot on break work on break shooting
Tom? is offline   Reply With Quote