Blue_Cobra
Nxe-HK*ARMY-JT-Dye-Guy

Blue_Cobra is playing at Living Legends VII
Blue_Cobra supports Team VICIOUS
Blue_Cobra posts videos on PbNation
Blue_Cobra supports Pev's Paintball
Blue_Cobra plays in the APPA D4 division
Everyone has said a lot but here is some more advice:

I have had a Halo Empire B hopper, and it works pretty good. I also bought a Rotor a bit later and love it! The Rotor is the most Durable, Reliable, consistent, and Durable loader out there (and yes I know I said durable twice). The Halo shells are weak and if they are hit right with a paintball they will shatter, or if they are dropped on the ground they have a good chance of breaking.

Still, the Halo is a pretty stable hopper and was the high end best hopper you could get back in the day (was usually compared to the eggy EDIT: and the VLocity also). Now days it is the Rotor and Prophecy. One of my teammates got an Empire Prophecy and said it felt like it was going to break in his hands. The Proph.s shells are like the halos but seem to be engineered to be lighter therefore being weaker.

The Dye Rotor v3 is the way to go (battery Velcro and shark fin/anti-jammer). Depending on how the Halo is holding up, it should be fine since tournament reg is usually only 12.5 bps and most hoppers can feed that, and the Halo can do that with ease. But if you are going to get into it more, when you upgrade, you need to: (1) Upgrade to high pressure air (if you haven't already), (2) Upgrade to a good stable hopper (I would suggest a Rotor), (3) Then you upgrade your marker. You do that as you get money. That is one way to do it.

"Originally posted by greenperson: lol you just completely shutout savephace. they were like "look. our lens can take a gelatin shell at 425 FPS". and Vforce is like "ok. ours can take bullets.""
LEGO PAINTBALL WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Need to sell gear? Go to U.S.A. B/S/T! It's easy & it's Facebook!
Blue_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2012, 05:28 PM #23
curt419
Contracted by 419

curt419 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
curt419 supports Team VICIOUS
curt419 supports Pev's Paintball
curt419 plays in the APPA D4 division
keep the halo there is nothing wrong with using one, they a heavier than the rotor and there is no need to upgrade unless you feel like spending the money
curt419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:15 PM #24
1stezekiel
UNA VERGASO EN LA CHOMPA!

Annual Supporting Member
1stezekiel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
1stezekiel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
halo is a good loader... so is the rotor... i have both. the rotor doesnt need the seed and new board...thats rediculous. buddy of mine has his all modded out... and mine works the same. the on mod u would need, if u have jam problems is the virtue soft arm. i put one in mine...no probs what so ever! the halo doesnt come apart as easy... my halo is slightly modded, to make it lighter, little faster, and cure anti jams(6AAA mod, speed wheel, s4 kit) still cheaper and works just as good. if u have a halo... pick up some shells, maybe a couple little mods...and just play man...at this point picking up a rotor is a luxury for you. not a must...
"00"
"GOOF"
"BALISTIK"
1stezekiel is offline   Reply With Quote