Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 PM #43
JaredP

JaredP is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
JaredP plays in the PSP
JaredP plays in the APPA D3 division
Hey guys, Jared here from Insane Paintball....Figured I'd drop in and mention that we unfortunately won't be able to get the layout changed from what is up already. We will have the Cup 2011 layout up for this event.

Sorry for the short notice....We had a MILP event this past weekend and Chattanooga CEP is putting up the galveston layout on Sunday to get ready for the PSP so we just havn't had the extra time to get a new layout up.

Looking forward to having everyone out Saturday.

Thanks,
Jared
Insane Paintball
www.liveinsane.com
Chattown Baller
WCK 4 Life

My old Feedback Ratings: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=578157
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2012, 09:13 AM #44
silverstang23

silverstang23 is a Paintball photographer
silverstang23 is an NCPA player
silverstang23 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
Hey guys, Jared here from Insane Paintball....Figured I'd drop in and mention that we unfortunately won't be able to get the layout changed from what is up already. We will have the Cup 2011 layout up for this event.

Sorry for the short notice....We had a MILP event this past weekend and Chattanooga CEP is putting up the galveston layout on Sunday to get ready for the PSP so we just havn't had the extra time to get a new layout up.

Looking forward to having everyone out Saturday.

Thanks,
Jared
Insane Paintball

Will the layout be shortened? I'm just asking because the regulation field size for ncpa says its 150' in the rulebook

Is that layout going to be shortened. We are supposed to play on 150' field and the cup '11 layout is based on 170'?

Kennesaw State Paintball
-Ninja Paintball
-Bob Long
-Nitro Paintball Field

Flickr
silverstang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 AM #45
JaredP

JaredP plays in the PSP
Unfortunately I was not notified of that rule so we will not have it shortened for the event. If the event were to end up indoors it would still not be the appropriate dimensions so I'm sorry about that. As long as everyone is playing on a mirrored field that is even from both sides we should be fine. We have hosted 3 other NCPA events in the past and we were never told that the dimensions were smaller so I don't think it will be a problem.

Thanks,
Jared
Insane PB
www.liveinsane.com
Chattown Baller
WCK 4 Life

Old 02-23-2012, 05:21 PM #46
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The field dimensions aren't all that strictly enforced for regional AA events. The field dimensions will be fine, and I'm sure it will be a great event.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:31 PM #47
joey666crack
Perpetually Trollin'

joey666crack plays in the PSP
joey666crack is an NCPA player
joey666crack plays in the APPA D4 division
Any photographers offering services at this event?
Old 02-26-2012, 01:42 PM #48
ATLpaintballa
Stoobz Foodz

ATLpaintballa plays in the PSP
ATLpaintballa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ATLpaintballa is an NCPA player
ATLpaintballa plays in the APPA D3 division
So...was anyone disappointed by this event? because I sure was
KSU Owl Herd | Russians #1 | The Finnish Prince
Official Sandana Owners Club V3"We're still more then OG"

ATLpaintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:52 PM #49
im_a_muppet
slippin on my swag juice.

im_a_muppet plays in the PSP
im_a_muppet is an NCPA player
im_a_muppet plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLpaintballa View Post
So...was anyone disappointed by this event? because I sure was
I enjoyed the tactical respawns. I thought they brought a new spin to an old game.

Georgia State University
im_a_muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:31 PM #50
ATRAIN81

ATRAIN81 is an NCPA player
ATRAIN81 plays in the APPA D4 division
So about that tournament...

The teams there were very competitive and easy to get along with.

On the down side, the refs didn't seem to care too much about making calls. Also 7 teams in a NCPA tournament, should be round-robbin. Not two brackets of 3 and 4. And top four moves on, not top three.

To be honest this was the worst ran tournament that our team has played in so far.
ATRAIN81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:13 PM #51
JaredP

JaredP plays in the PSP
Sorry to hear you guys had such a bad time. Quite frankly we had nothing to do with the schedule, who moved on, etc. The APPA provided us with all of that information so I hate to hear that it reflected badly on us. I was a bit surprised myself that only 3 teams went to finals and not 4.
As for the reffing, this is typically the one thing teams always complain about and why we dislike running events for the NCPA at Insane Paintball....We have had different reffs at all 3 or 4 of the events we have ran over the past few years and unfortunately there are always people who are unhappy with the reffing and complain when things are not ran as they wish they were. If we had a pro reff crew available for all tournaments we ran we would have them on the field but unfortunately we have to pull from local tournament players who don't mind going out of their way for a day to do the hardest job in paintball that never gets appreciated for the work that gets put in.
We do the best we can, there was no favortism, and if mistakes were made then at least it was consistent with no team getting preferential treatment. I can assure you that not one of the guys reffing had an agenda to not make a correct call or to miss something on purpose.

When we are contacted to host an event we don't mind holding it but it would be nice if the NCPA had some type of traveling regional head reff that could work the events to provide some consistency and make sure things are ran smoothly. None of my staff plays NCPA so all we could do was hire guys for the day that have tournament experience and hope for the best.

Sorry it was not what you hoped for but we appreciate all who came out. Unfortunately the last two events we have hosted for the NCPA the person/people who approached us to set it up and run the event have not been able to come to the tournaments last minute. It definately makes running the event a bit harder when we are working off typed up instructions and not working with someone who has alot of experience running the events. Obviously something will suffer and that usually ends up being reffing.

Thanks again for the teams who showed up and played for the day.

Jared Powell
Insane Paintball
www.liveinsane.com
Chattown Baller
WCK 4 Life

Old 02-27-2012, 11:43 AM #52
runner007

Honestly, if you guys don't know NCPA rules and regulations then you shouldn't host an NCPA event. It doesn't take that long to just look through and read the rulebook. Everyone knows general paintball rules, so it shouldn't really be that hard to just flip through the rulebook.
Also, just in the future, make yourself more available to talk to. On several occasions our team made attempts to talk to you about only getting to play against two teams, but whenever we asked questions even the head referee didn't know the answer or who to talk to about getting an answer. I would have much rather talked in person to you about this instead of writing on the nation and making you guys look bad
runner007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:28 PM #53
JaredP

JaredP plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner007 View Post
Honestly, if you guys don't know NCPA rules and regulations then you shouldn't host an NCPA event. It doesn't take that long to just look through and read the rulebook. Everyone knows general paintball rules, so it shouldn't really be that hard to just flip through the rulebook.
Also, just in the future, make yourself more available to talk to. On several occasions our team made attempts to talk to you about only getting to play against two teams, but whenever we asked questions even the head referee didn't know the answer or who to talk to about getting an answer. I would have much rather talked in person to you about this instead of writing on the nation and making you guys look bad
Your right, paintball rules are pretty much standard across the board. It was not an issue of us not knowing the rules. Its an issue of some teams are always upset with reffing because it is a tough job and getting every call right is impossible. All of the reffs we had have played tournaments regionally and a couple out there had national event experience. It is a heartless job that rarely gets credit when deserved and always gets blame when its not perfect. Sorry it wasn't as expected but we did the best we could.
Also, part of the NCPA rules state that all reffs have to be 18+ older and that sometimes makes it difficult to find experienced reffs when you are in a region that doesn't have a ton of older players who are willing to work for minimal pay for a day. We have a ton of 16 and 17 year old kids who want to make a few extra dollars reffing an event but most 18 and older adults arn't going to take a weekend day out of their already busy schedule to reff a paintball tournament for $75.00, not to mention get to a field at the break of dawn. They would rather spend it with family or play paintball themselves after working a full week. That leaves us having to get who we can to reff events and I felt priveleged to find 8 reffs who have all had some tournament experience to officiate the event during their weekend off from work. Considering none of them had any specific "reff training" I think they did pretty well.
As for me not being available to talk to, I was around all day until finals and only left so I could spend an afternoon with my 4 year old daughter. Saturdays are typically my only off day and I had been there since 6:30 am. Not one person asked for me all day. No, I wasn't right by the field all day but I was on the facility at all times through the end of semi finals. Nick was the head reff and he was able to handle any issues that needed to be handled. I guarantee that Nick would have gotten me if something was needed he couldn't handle. His answer of "I don't know" regarding number of teams going to finals or about who you played in prelims was the truth. I wouldn't have known why either other than telling you that it was how the NCPA set up the schedule. Didn't make much sense to me either but we ran the event based off what we were given.

I'm truthfully not worried about "looking bad" in this thread. Every tournament we have ever held or hosted during the past 6 years has had some type of complaint as had just about every other tournament I've ever read reviews on or attended myself so I've come to terms that it is to be expected and not everyone will leave happy. Its unfortunately the nature of this industry and the demographic of the age of the majority of the players who participate in it. We keep on doing what we do and we continue to help grow the sport here in Chattanooga to the best of our ability.
I will say we do our best, offer the best service we can, and pride ourselves in helping paintball grow but its tough to make everyone happy when some things are out of our control. Its just frustrating when everyone wants to throw things out on a public forum without even posting their real name before trying to contact me by phone or private message first. Again, its just the nature of our industry and we have come to expect it.

Thanks again for all who came out,
Jared Powell
Insane Paintball
www.liveinsane.com
Chattown Baller
WCK 4 Life

Old 02-27-2012, 12:58 PM #54
dymium
Joe R.

Annual Supporting Member
dymium is a Supporting Member
dymium plays in the PSP
dymium is an NCPA player
dymium plays in the APPA D5 division
The prelim and playoff schedule is completely and explicitly laid out by the NCPA, not the field. So any issues with the scheduling can be taken up with us directly.

For those of you who had an issue with reffing at the event, please PM me directly and explain what happened.

Jared (and the rest of the Insane staff): Thank you for the opportunity to hold an event at your facility. I appreciate the work that you do providing a facility for both of our college divisions to play at every year. I also understand that there are things that we as a league can do better to ensure that everyone has a more pleasant time at the events. If you have any issues or suggestions, feel free to contact me at any time - you have my information.

Joe
dymium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:26 PM #55
silverstang23

silverstang23 is a Paintball photographer
silverstang23 is an NCPA player
silverstang23 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dymium View Post
The prelim and playoff schedule is completely and explicitly laid out by the NCPA, not the field. So any issues with the scheduling can be taken up with us directly.

For those of you who had an issue with reffing at the event, please PM me directly and explain what happened.

Jared (and the rest of the Insane staff): Thank you for the opportunity to hold an event at your facility. I appreciate the work that you do providing a facility for both of our college divisions to play at every year. I also understand that there are things that we as a league can do better to ensure that everyone has a more pleasant time at the events. If you have any issues or suggestions, feel free to contact me at any time - you have my information.

Joe
When can we expect a response to PM's? Some of my team members pm'd you over a week ago and still are awaiting a response

Kennesaw State Paintball
-Ninja Paintball
-Bob Long
-Nitro Paintball Field

Flickr
silverstang23 is offline   Reply With Quote