DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...

DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends V
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VI
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante supports Team VICIOUS
DeadeyeDante supports Empire
T9's, T8.1's and Holsters Oh My!

Alright so I have a bit of a predicament. This is my first time ever considering a Tiberius marker for purchase, and I have been trying to do research, so just bear with me.

First of all on one hand, I have a T8.1 with 4 magazines (FS Mags), case and a bunch of other goodies for 270, with a Vest with a holster. Good deal, or so I think

On the other hand, a guy is selling a T9 Ranger for 250, with an FS Magazine, and everything is brand new never used.

My question is, I want to run a pistol set up, specifically with FS rounds, so I can have it on a drop rig during scenario games. Will the T9 in pistol form fit in a T8.1 holster does anyone know? If so, I am just gonna get the T9 (since it is FS capable), and I can turn it into a full sized marker for loaning out whenever I want to have it that way. If not, I am getting the T8.1 for the extra magazines and I don't have to buy a seperate holster.

Any thoughts?
E-Flex Army
DeadeyeDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2012, 02:44 PM #2
robot0ninja

get the 8.1. its a much better deal. mags are expensive, and the 8.1 you can buy comes with 4. the t9s cant use a remote adapter unless its in the mag, which is just stupid to me. the t9 should fit in the tiberius drop leg holster, but seriously, 250 for that is a terrible deal compared to the 8.1

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM #3
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
Get the 8.1. It fires FS rounds stock and has the option for out the back remote line, removing the need to deal with 12 grams.

As to you original question ... If the 9.0 will fit into the holster, depends greatly on it's age. Earlier 9.0s have a fixed top rail that is part of the main body. These will not fit in the Tiberius drop leg holster. Later 9.0s have a top rail that can be removed, making it similar in size to the 8s.

I think personally the 8.1 setup offered to you is a far better deal pure $$ wise then the 9.0. Don't look past the value of the softgoods like the holster and vest, those things add up overtime. I also think a 8.1 with remote line is a much cooler and more reliable loaner then a 12 gram powered 9.0. You don't want guests with loaners needing to count their shots and how many times they have refilled a particular magazine. Remote line the 8.1 and then all they need to worry about is popping in a magazine filled with paint.
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:23 AM #4
DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...

Hmmm these are excellent points...8.1 it is then!
E-Flex Army
Old 03-25-2012, 02:35 PM #5
Unlucky_Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot0ninja View Post
get the 8.1. its a much better deal. mags are expensive, and the 8.1 you can buy comes with 4. the t9s cant use a remote adapter unless its in the mag, which is just stupid to me. the t9 should fit in the tiberius drop leg holster, but seriously, 250 for that is a terrible deal compared to the 8.1
If I read this right thats entirely false. I have my remote on my 9.1 coming out the back block with a 45 degree adapter running a proconnect3. I can run pistol or "rifle", mags or qloader/hopper with 0 issues. Its also nice when you get to use a longer barrel for FS with a shroud to grip/add attachments. Really it comes down to whether or not you want to do pistol ONLY or not. If so t8.1 is really all you need. If you already have one then the milsig fxr is what you need to make your t8/t8.1 run just like a 9.1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAMdq...layer_embedded
Unlucky_Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:35 PM #6
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky_Irish View Post
If I read this right thats entirely false. I have my remote on my 9.1 coming out the back block with a 45 degree adapter running a proconnect3. I can run pistol or "rifle", mags or qloader/hopper with 0 issues. Its also nice when you get to use a longer barrel for FS with a shroud to grip/add attachments. Really it comes down to whether or not you want to do pistol ONLY or not. If so t8.1 is really all you need. If you already have one then the milsig fxr is what you need to make your t8/t8.1 run just like a 9.1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAMdq...layer_embedded

He's not talking about a 9.1.... he's talking about a 9.0
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:04 PM #7
Unlucky_Irish

Wasn't sure since he left it as t9's so figured couldn't hurt if I clarify since there's a difference.
Unlucky_Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:27 AM #8
DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...

No no, I appreciate the response Unlucky, but I ended up passing on both. Going with a Gunhead Modd'edTPX instead, cheaper, and still feeds FS's like a champ!
E-Flex Army
Old 03-30-2012, 01:52 PM #9
robot0ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky_Irish View Post
Wasn't sure since he left it as t9's so figured couldn't hurt if I clarify since there's a difference.
a t9 is the original, t9.1 is the second version. i was talking about the t9, hence why i said t9 and not t9.1

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote