Community Focus

Old 02-29-2012, 11:13 PM #1
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Assassin's Creed III setting revealed

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219745p1.html

"This seems to confirm popular rumors that the third installment of Assassin's Creed will be set in the American Revolution. For now, we're not sure, but earlier today Ubisoft confirmed that a major announcement will be coming on Monday."

There are a ton of options for spin off's and add on content (which will be a full game release) that would take the player from America, to France during the French Revolution, and Britain around this time. Sounds like a natural fit. Would imagine the Assassin protagonist would not be a full fledged Native American if they will have blood ties to Desmond. Lot of dialogue options with the Founding Fathers and other people, perhaps even a young Abraham Lincoln in a later sequel. Will be interesting to see how Templars/Assassin roles play out, and if they mention Freemason status of the Founding Fathers and how that ties in.

Gameplay will likely change with guns being featured. I see no hidden blade there....yet
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-29-2012, 11:32 PM #2
ShinDig
Party Over Here

ShinDig has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wow.

This better be real.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:35 PM #3
doefromwherever

Never played the series, but I'm not gonna lie, looks ****ing sick.
doefromwherever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:15 AM #4
Pwned6911
Erin Go Bragh

Pissed.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:53 AM #5
z4frosik
workHardtrainHarder

z4frosik owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
z4frosik is for the Gunfight
z4frosik has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinDig View Post
Wow.

This better be real.
It is very real, can NOT wait for this gane to come out. I will be among the nerdzerg waiting online @ gamestop.
z4frosik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:13 PM #6
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Old 03-01-2012, 01:05 PM #7
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Was just about to post the cover. It should be a fantastic game with a ton of setting direction options from this game.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:52 PM #8
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
holy ****, i might end up buying this one on release instead of waiting for steam sales.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:14 PM #9
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Nevermind, didn't read the whole thing >.<

Last edited by big_scott : 03-01-2012 at 03:16 PM.
big_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:18 PM #10
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Looks so sick.

I'm curious how they'll work it into the story. Desmond is still very Anglo/Italian in his features/appearance, and has striking resemblences to his established timelines.

With Maria being part of the bridge between the settings. I'm curious how they'll work it into the story so it doesn't mess w/ the lineage thing too much.

Either way... looks so sick.
digitard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:38 PM #11
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
Looks so sick.

I'm curious how they'll work it into the story. Desmond is still very Anglo/Italian in his features/appearance, and has striking resemblences to his established timelines.

With Maria being part of the bridge between the settings. I'm curious how they'll work it into the story so it doesn't mess w/ the lineage thing too much.

Either way... looks so sick.
I don't know about the Maria thing (haven't finished Brotherhood or played Revelation yet) but I think it would be easy enough to explain it. An italian ancestor could marry a french person and have a french child who ends up in America and himself has a child with a native american. Desmond has that darker skin tone that can read part Native American, just as easily as it does Italian or Arab. I'm assuming the French lineage, since I would think the reason he travels to france is tied to his family some how.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:46 PM #12
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
It should be easy enough, but I just don't want them to make it too convoluted since it needs to mesh nicely into how Desmond comes to be.

Regardless I'm psyched about the setting, and I think the character choice, at least from the artwork, makes sense on being in America. I hope they get back to ACII/Brotherhood story style.

I liked Revelations, but felt it was just there to close Ezio out, and get Desmond from the end of Brotherhood to a "Revelation" point where he can quickly move the story along. It was like an easy way for them to make III more complex, and leap the story forward.

Dammit... now I want it to hurry!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:50 PM #13
Schulzy

I don't think this story's assassin will be related to Desmond.

Didn't Ubisoft say they were done with his story arch?

I'd like to see a Native American character, who is fighting both British soldiers and American Revolutionists.
Schulzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:15 PM #14
Pwned6911
Erin Go Bragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post

I'd like to see a Native American character, who is fighting both British soldiers and American Revolutionists.
No, the story arch they were referring to is Ezio. Desmond is still a huge role and most likely will be even larger in this game.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:16 PM #15
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post

Desmond has been the framing device for the entire series. Like I said, I haven't played Revelations, but I have never heard anything about them completing his story. While there are other Assassins, the point of the series has been that Desmond's lineage was special and held the key to taking down the Templars for good. I don't see why this new character wouldn't be an ancestor, especially since its in a new time period.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:29 PM #16
Schulzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwned6911 View Post
No, the story arch they were referring to is Ezio. Desmond is still a huge role and most likely will be even larger in this game.
Ah, my mistake.

Guess the assassin we'll be playing as won't be Native, then. Too bad, I feel as though they'd make out to be better assassins than a colonist, just based on their hunter-gatherer lifestyle.
Schulzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:30 PM #17
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
This one definitely has to do with Desmond. They said, though, that they imagined Assassin's Creed (the current storyline) as a trilogy so this will most likely be the end of the Desmond/Abstergo storyline.

All of the Desmond parts take place in 2012 leading towards the "end of the world" date. Meaning the Mayan date is actually related to something that was prophesized to happen with Abstergo and the artifacts.

Thing is, if you remember the first game, there are TONS of relics. The apple has just been the focus of Desmonds lineage.

So after ACIII Desmond will be done, and the Abstergo storyline will be over... but this series is a cash cow for Ubisoft. They're not going to end it so it's safe to say that the "technology" of the Animus will be used by someone new, and involve either another relic, or something entirely new.

Schulzy, most likely it's the child of a native and one an assassin. Example one of the people in Desmond's lineage travels to the Americas during that time, has a child with a Native American, gets killed or something and the child follows the father's footsteps. Similar to Ezio, etc. Maybe even trained from birth. Who knows, but it very well looks to be someone with one parent at least who's Native American.

Just like how Altair fell for Maria, who was English, and had a child and through a few generations ended up with Ezio being of Italian heritage.

Last edited by digitard : 03-01-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 PM #18
shiky
Turtle Power!

shiky has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
shiky is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
OMG CAN'T ****ING WAIT

Molon Labe

democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner, liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.- Benjamin Franklin
shiky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:18 AM #19
Pwned6911
Erin Go Bragh

Am I the only one thinking "Can't wait to climb all the beautiful buildings of colonial America like the....ummm...well there is the....wait not built yet...Well maybe a clock tower or something!"
Old 03-02-2012, 12:20 AM #20
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwned6911 View Post
Am I the only one thinking "Can't wait to climb all the beautiful buildings of colonial America like the....ummm...well there is the....wait not built yet...Well maybe a clock tower or something!"
Probably why its moving to Europe part way through.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:18 PM #21
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Screenshots

Dogs and Moose - nice

Looks cool. Clearly buildings not being so abundant was taken into consideration - they're no longer the focus. Assassin's had to update tactics eventually, right?