Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-27-2012, 10:06 AM #22
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
if your correct first mini sniper pump will be coming.. still styling on sniper doesnt come close to the slick 2k+ cocker bodies
PaulE2Cocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2012, 10:16 AM #23
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE2Cocker View Post
if your correct first mini sniper pump will be coming.. still styling on sniper doesnt come close to the slick 2k+ cocker bodies
You mean the really nice PL ones?
Zepulkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:49 AM #24
PaulE2Cocker

yes definatly all the square bodies im huge fan of the origanals un touched no eye hole the newer ones i cut up into halfblock minis except the karni if i could just get my hands on that body my cocker collection would be complete for me
Old 02-28-2012, 12:00 PM #25
toofless916
It's not brain science.

I see a lot of empire snipers in the bst forums...
Old 02-28-2012, 12:08 PM #26
jesus01
That guy

jesus01 is playing at Living Legends VI
jesus01 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jesus01 is attending Decay of Nations VI
jesus01 is attending Decay of Nations VII
i have shot several of the empire snipers and imo they are kinda rude and crude for the money they charge. i dont feel they are even close to a high end pump gun quality wise.

they shoot fine and all but the trigger, pump stroke and over all feel is kinda funky. i cant really explain it other than it feels cheap and gritty.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:47 PM #27
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus01 View Post
i have shot several of the empire snipers and imo they are kinda rude and crude for the money they charge. i dont feel they are even close to a high end pump gun quality wise.

they shoot fine and all but the trigger, pump stroke and over all feel is kinda funky. i cant really explain it other than it feels cheap and gritty.
Good to know. I've only shot a prototype, and it shoot good. Just sprung too heavy for my liking.
Zepulkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:11 PM #28
PaulE2Cocker

does anyone know if i can put maybe my lighter cocker springs in the new empire sniper have a few madman spring kits
Old 02-28-2012, 01:17 PM #29
SteelBush

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofless916 View Post
I see a lot of empire snipers in the bst forums...
I also see alot of
S-6, 6.5
EGOs
T2
Matrixs
Victorys
GEOs
G6R
NTs
CCM'ed pumps
Tippmann
Spyders
autocockers

in the bst forums...

SteelBush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:46 PM #30
toofless916
It's not brain science.

Well, i should have been more clear. I see a lot of these in the bst forums considering the limited amount of time they've been on the market. I'd say a bit more frequent than any other pump at the moment.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:15 PM #31
SteelBush

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus01 View Post

This past saturday I played the whole day with a empire sniper. I normally play semi but on days where there a low turn out or if I play with a bunch of renters, I play with a pump.

Overall I liked it and didn't have any issues with it. Having the barrel kit and using the 10rd SC feedtube was fun. The pump stroke was smooth and did not have a binding/grinding feel to it. Only thing I would change if I would buy one is the pump handle. I have large hands, so the pump have feels a little small to me.

I think empire did a great job with this marker. It is priced/marketed for mid end player. If you want something more high end go pay more and buy CCM.
SteelBush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:51 PM #32
BuiltforBoost

Annual Supporting Member
BuiltforBoost owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BuiltforBoost owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BuiltforBoost plays in the APPA D5 division
I recently picked one up. Took it out this past sunday. It shot great. Took a little adjusting to get the pressure and fps where they should be. But after I did, it was +/-4 over the chrono and was ball on ball all day.

I'm no pump guru, but I was generally pleased with it's performance. Pump stroke was stiffer than the CCM's I've shot in the past, but not enough to bother me. And in no way did it feel gritty/cheap. In general I would say it was worth every penny and has a great barrel kit that comes stock.
BuiltforBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:55 PM #33
ridebmx211
RC ARMY

ridebmx211 is a founding member
ridebmx211 plays in the PSP
ridebmx211 supports Pev's Paintball
ridebmx211 plays in the APPA D4 division
ridebmx211 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE2Cocker View Post
does anyone know if i can put maybe my lighter cocker springs in the new empire sniper have a few madman spring kits
yes but you need a spyder kit and a cocker kit i believe, i dont have either kit so idk. i always just buy CCM springs as they are the lightest. But they dont currently offer anything for the sniper.
Save the Environment, PLAY PUMP!
ridebmx211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:31 AM #34
jesus01
That guy

jesus01 is playing at Living Legends VI
jesus01 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jesus01 is attending Decay of Nations VI
jesus01 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBush View Post
This past saturday I played the whole day with a empire sniper. I normally play semi but on days where there a low turn out or if I play with a bunch of renters, I play with a pump.

Overall I liked it and didn't have any issues with it. Having the barrel kit and using the 10rd SC feedtube was fun. The pump stroke was smooth and did not have a binding/grinding feel to it. Only thing I would change if I would buy one is the pump handle. I have large hands, so the pump have feels a little small to me.

I think empire did a great job with this marker. It is priced/marketed for mid end player. If you want something more high end go pay more and buy CCM.
im glad you enjoyed your marker, truely i am. It should never matter what anyone thinks as long as your out playing pump and having fun.

that being said i felt the empire pump was very lackluster compared to the ccm i DO own in perfromance, pump stroke, springing and overall feel. now i do understand most of that is a personal thing and will change from person to person. i feel the empire pump is a decent marker and as you said they didnt market it to be a high end pump so in that light i would say its fine for what its intended for.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:06 PM #35
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
The Empire Sniper isn't meant to compete with CCM... that's straight from Simon. I felt the same about it initially, then realized how effectively it fits its true market. I would rather compare it to Sanchez, Gat and PBGateway guns... where it easily beats all.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:28 PM #36
jach707

I kinda like the way the Sanchez feels over the Empire, but that is just me. That's a very nice Trilly.
jach707 is offline   Reply With Quote