PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2012, 07:18 PM #1
BANANA!!!
seven shooter

has been a member for 10 years
New Empire Sniper / Few Questions

Just picked up a new Empire Sniper. This is my first 'cocker based marker and I just have a couple questions before I get into a day of play or any headaches.

1. Does this marker need any special break-in time or procedures?

2. What lube should I be using?

3. Any common problems?
BANANA!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2012, 07:30 PM #2
Hitman Cody2130
tattooed white trash

Hitman Cody2130 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hitman Cody2130 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
1. Just like Empire says, play with the gun. It will get smoother and all around better after you run a couple cases through it.

2. I have always used standard paintball gun lube on all my pump guns with out a problem and will be using the same stuff on the sniper. A couple drops in the ASA and some dry firing should keep the gun pretty well lubed

3. The gun is so new that nobody has seen if the guns are really going to have issues but I have my doubts, it looks like Empire did a great job designing the gun and it was a pretty robust design to start with
Old 02-03-2012, 01:27 AM #3
RockSteady999
Tree Braker

RockSteady999 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
RockSteady999 posts videos on PbNation
RockSteady999 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
the more you cock it the more the spring breaks in
Old 02-03-2012, 01:50 AM #4
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Like they said, just play with it more often. The more you play with the marker the better you will be at hitting your target and shooting the marker and the marker will get smoother, more consistent (reg will break in) and should work out any problems it's going to have alone the way (usually none). If it does have problems I'm sure the guys around your area can fix them very easily.

It sure doesn't feel like one of the lazer guns from CMP, those things are heavy, and you can't dodge a lazer lol.

Any paintball marker oil should do. Gold Cup, Planet Eclipse, any clear marker oil will work (as hitman Cody said).

Leave all the o-rings on the bolt, I heard of someone taking off the front one and they couldn't get their marker above 230fps. If one of the o-rings becomes too loose on the bolt, take it off and be sure to replace it.

I wouldn't leave the marker cocked, unless you can't get it shoot below 300 fps. If you have constant pressure on the springs for too long they'll loose their power (which usually takes months to years). Feel free to keep the return spring compressed though, you can always get another/lighter one at the local hardware store.
Zepulkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:53 PM #5
Ninja-Duck
I am the liquor

Ninja-Duck supports Bob Gurnsey
You'll be just fine if you take the front o-ring off the bolt, I took mine off before I even shot the gun and it chronoed at 290 FPS right out of the box with the reg set to 250psi like the manual recommends. I used a healthy amount of monkey poo on my bolt and put a bit of oil in the ASA each time I use the gun.
Just keep it clean and lubricated and you wont have any problems.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:54 PM #6
Alex_rx1417
KAMANDAG MEMBER

Alex_rx1417 plays in the PSP
Alex_rx1417 is playing at Living Legends V
Alex_rx1417 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Alex_rx1417 supports Pev's Paintball
Alex_rx1417 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Alex_rx1417 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady999 View Post
the more you cock it the more the spring breaks in

My brother just bought it and used it in the AFPL right out the box it performed great and it was consistent But he is taking it apart right now.You have to go through a long process just to take off just the pump kit Cockers are waaaaay easier to break down and clean But it is a great start for empires first modern looking pump (traccer look based off older models)
Alex_rx1417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:40 AM #7
jesus01
That guy

jesus01 is playing at Living Legends VI
jesus01 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jesus01 is attending Decay of Nations VI
jesus01 is attending Decay of Nations VII
imo they are a good gun but the pump stroke is really stiff. it will break in with time and use.

just a dab of oil on the bolt once in a while and go shoot it. im sure you will love it.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:09 AM #8
newagepirate
Digital Frontier

newagepirate plays in the PSP
newagepirate plays in the APPA D4 division
A little drop of triflow is good for a nice clean smooth stroke

Grillz and Dyecam I4s
newagepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:17 AM #9
604smurf

I too have some questions, hope OP doesn't mind..

1) Since the bolt is derlin, i've been told that it doesn't need any lube?
2) How do you put oil in the ASA(ie where? where the tank screws in?) Also which type of oil?
3) What PSI do you guys run your reg at? And how many turns in/out for the low pressure?
4) Would it help to put lube on the pump shaft/guide rods to get a smoother pump stroke?
5) If the pump stroke gets much more smoother, then wouldn't the hitman mod become less effective since it might not return back fully forward due to a weaker return spring?

Cheers, smurf
604smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:51 AM #10
pballer0303
shreddin the gnar

pballer0303 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
1. As far as the delrin bolt, you dont have lube it, but if you do, ONLY put tri-flow on it. All other lubricants will be absorbed and will swell the bolt, making the pump stroke stiffer.

2. Putting oil in the asa, basicly any gun oil will work, dont use tri-flow though. Put a drop or two in the hole in the front of the asa, where the air enters the marker.

3. Reg pressure, I dont own a sniper, but Ive owned many 'cockers and 'cocker pumps. From what Ive heared, ~250. Also, on a pump, there is no lpr, what I think you mean is your IVG, the screw on the back of the marker, under the bolt. This is where you adjust you velocity every day, NOT with the reg.

4. Lubing guide rods. This would help, but its another great place for tri-flow. I also use it on my hammer, trigger pin, at cam, and sear.

5. Breaking-in. This isnt really something to worry about. The springs dont break in that much that fast. The springs that really affect the smoothness of the pump stroke are in the valve, and hammer.
pballer0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:08 PM #11
604smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer0303 View Post
1. As far as the delrin bolt, you dont have lube it, but if you do, ONLY put tri-flow on it. All other lubricants will be absorbed and will swell the bolt, making the pump stroke stiffer.

2. Putting oil in the asa, basicly any gun oil will work, dont use tri-flow though. Put a drop or two in the hole in the front of the asa, where the air enters the marker.

3. Reg pressure, I dont own a sniper, but Ive owned many 'cockers and 'cocker pumps. From what Ive heared, ~250. Also, on a pump, there is no lpr, what I think you mean is your IVG, the screw on the back of the marker, under the bolt. This is where you adjust you velocity every day, NOT with the reg.

4. Lubing guide rods. This would help, but its another great place for tri-flow. I also use it on my hammer, trigger pin, at cam, and sear.

5. Breaking-in. This isnt really something to worry about. The springs dont break in that much that fast. The springs that really affect the smoothness of the pump stroke are in the valve, and hammer.
Thanks for the informative post!
604smurf is offline   Reply With Quote