Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 06:16 PM #1
p8ntballer_Roach
member of team SFWW

Have not received trade from DBSK_PB_Team

P8ntballer_Roach being scammed by Sean McClain, aka DBSK_PB_Team

Date of Deal: 12/19/11

DBSK_PB_Team was looking for snowboard gear before Christmas. I had a pair of snowboard boots that I couldn't use due to issues last year, and was stuck with boot but no other gear.

I offered the boots (no damage, size 12, but tight for 12s (I wear 11s, and they were snug)). I sent him a picture:

and he agreed to trade me for:

(including the speed feed)

I agreed to ship first, as i have less feedback, and it was his thread.
I shipped it out priority, which should have had it arrive before Christmas, but the post office ended up not getting it to him until after Christmas.

When he received them, he claimed that they were the wrong size, and damaged, but still agreed to ship the loader after I offered to take the boots back. At that point, the loader was not in his possession, it was at a friend's house. He has since made excuses multiple times on why it isn't shipped. I have asked him for a phone number to talk to him, but he refuses to produce one.

I found a theft thread against him today that occurred at the same time as my interactions with him.

I have saved copies of our PM correspondence, but no texts as he refuses to give me a phone number to call or text.

I just received a PM from the user a few minutes ago. His response to the question of why he hasn't shipped yet ( he tried Monday, but it was a holiday):

I have contacted his local PD, and am going to be going into town tomorrow to talk to my local PD and open a case.

I informed him that I would be contacting the authorities after I had found out that he has had other issues like this, and his response was:

I responded that i would not take $15...

I paid that in shipping, the boots cost more than that, and he has been pulling me through this scam for months.

his response, before he went offline:

Which brings us to today.

I have not left any feedback for him, pending resolution.

Update: Sent notification PM to DBSK_PB_Team regarding this threads creation.
Why I have 1 negative feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post74540260

Last edited by p8ntballer_Roach : 02-24-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: update with notification PM to DBSK_PB_Team
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2012, 08:43 PM #2
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
well put together theft report, it would definitely appear that you are pursuing the proper course of action at this time.

Typical excuses from him, even insinuating that you were "rushing him" a Deal from 2 months ago? You can't possibly be rushing him.

Keep the fire lit, pursue police reports. Do not accept any excuses.
Contact people who have dealt with him before, perhaps they have more contact information.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:51 PM #3
TheEnglishGuy

Immediately leave him negative feedback .. you can always get it changed if he comes through (though I'd only change it to neutral). Seems to have a way of getting people to communicate and also warns others about his habits before they buy something from him.

Good luck.

English
Old 02-24-2012, 09:29 PM #4
jmorisaki
B/S/T MOD

Annual Supporting Member
jmorisaki is a Mega Moderator
jmorisaki is BST Legit
jmorisaki supports Team VICIOUS
His name has come up here a few times. I know Usafwd closed all his threads and sent him a pm asking for information.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:08 PM #5
hardpainball
Easy & Painless

hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
PMing.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:20 PM #6
xLexx
suave~

xLexx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xLexx supports Team VICIOUS
xLexx plays in the APPA D4 division
Got a PM from OP and decided I should chime in a bit about this user.
Based on your pics, he is did the exact same thing to me; his luxe that he was trading was at his friends place and it took him over 2 months to ship the marker. I am indeed very understanding and know that sometimes unfortunate things happen but it was ridiculous.

Mind you, the markers I sent him were not broken like he mentioned and just required some brief maintenance, which still to this days puzzles me because I sent them in fully working condition. But anyway, enough of the digression....

Bottom line, he has made many excuses until I finally took initiative and was on the process of taking appropriate action. At one point I even had to call this man. Overall, it wasn't such a good experience at all.

OP, I hope you get your things.

Last edited by xLexx : 02-24-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:31 PM #7
hardpainball
Easy & Painless

hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
I've dealt with this guy before, and can tell you that the deal was far from being smooth. Just like what he did here, he tried to change the deal in the middle of the transaction. Then he didn't ship as he promised. Only after a lot of persuasion and prodding he finally shipped many days after he was supposed to. He was full of excuses, and from the communications he definitely sounded very sketchy. The entire time I was wondering if I was going to get scammed. When the item showed up it was incomplete. I had to leave him a negative feedback before he gave me a partial refund to compensate. So at the end I changed the feedback to a positive.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:31 PM #8
p8ntballer_Roach
member of team SFWW

So, after sending him the notice, and contacting the police to start a report, he shipped it via fedex. It arrived today, and I have video of myself unboxing it. I won't post it, as it arrived in the condition it was supposed to. I will still be leaving negative feedback for him, as this has been the worst experience I have had in my years on this site, as well as doing justice to the others that he has done this to.

Mods, please close this thread.

Thank you all for your input, and for those that sent me PMs with helpful information; I thank you so much.

You have all helped me resolve this.

~Roach

Update:after receiving a negative feedback in return, i felt it necessary to add his response.

and his second response.. asking for us to mutually remove our negative feedbacks...

I DONT THINK SO.

Let this be known...

I will NEVER back down from what is right.

I will NEVER let some punk kid attempt to scam others and think he can get away with it

I will NEVER retract feedback for a scammer. It would be a disservice to the other people he has scammed.

If anyone has an issue with MY 1 negative feedback, They can look at my signature and be linked directly to this thread and come to their own opinion on why I have this feedback.
Why I have 1 negative feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post74540260

Last edited by p8ntballer_Roach : 02-29-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:05 AM #9
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
ask a mod to remove the negative?
sounds like retaliatory feedback to me.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM #10
SKI008

has been a member for 10 years
He posted in the ttma boards complaining about his negative and usawfd basically told him "shut up and that feedback you left was retaliatory". Click the report feedback button on your feedback page next to the neg and I bet it gets removed
Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 PM #11
p8ntballer_Roach
member of team SFWW

I have read his complaint. And I applaud USAFWD for his response, and I am working to get his negative feedback against me removed.
Closed Thread