Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Veterans Badge or No?
Yes 36 87.80%
No 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2012, 07:58 PM #22
pballerkid42

pballerkid42 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pballerkid42 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
why not create a badge that shows that you are a vet or support a vet
much like the ego owner badge that states that "if you support or own an ego this badge is for u'
so a badge like Veteran Supporter would be fine in my opinion... my great grandfather was in world war 2 and i respect him for his service so a badge could be a way of showing my support
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2012, 08:08 PM #23
avaughanusa
SAPPERS IN

avaughanusa plays in the PSP
avaughanusa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballerkid42 View Post
why not create a badge that shows that you are a vet or support a vet
much like the ego owner badge that states that "if you support or own an ego this badge is for u'
so a badge like Veteran Supporter would be fine in my opinion... my great grandfather was in world war 2 and i respect him for his service so a badge could be a way of showing my support
I'm glad someone gets my idea lol

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety,
is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

-John Stewart Mill
avaughanusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:28 PM #24
smaw0351
For Vengeance

smaw0351 is BST Trusted
smaw0351 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
smaw0351 supports Pev's Paintball
smaw0351 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smaw0351 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
a vet badge would be neato burrito.

Concerned about my retaliatory negative feedback I received as a buyer? See how I got it here.
smaw0351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:14 PM #25
avaughanusa
SAPPERS IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaw0351 View Post
a vet badge would be neato burrito.

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety,
is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

-John Stewart Mill
Old 03-05-2012, 06:32 AM #26
BrandonMBW
America **** Yeah!

BrandonMBW owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
BrandonMBW is for the Gunfight
BrandonMBW has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BrandonMBW has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BrandonMBW has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree as well. I'm currently finishing up my tour in Afghanistan (under the one month line!)

The USO one is cool and all and is the closest thing related to military, but still doesn't show support for us.

I say just make one. You can't verify it, but oh well...if you rep it and aren't a vet you're just a ***.

BrandonMBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:17 AM #27
avaughanusa
SAPPERS IN

yea what he said lol,

-John Stewart Mill
Old 03-07-2012, 04:20 PM #28
Porkins McClarin
HAVOC

Porkins McClarin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Porkins McClarin posts videos on PbNation
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i think a military support badge, would be more concievable than a vet badge, it will allow everyone to say i support our nations military, this is one of the better badge ideas i have heard

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM 2008-2009 US ARMY PARATROOPER

TEAM HAVOC
FEEL THE PAIN, REMEMBER THE NAME!
Porkins McClarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:31 PM #29
avaughanusa
SAPPERS IN

For sure, At least it is something rather than nothing

-John Stewart Mill
Old 03-08-2012, 02:19 PM #30
gruntbull
www.gruntbull.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ║█║▌║█║▌║▌║▌█║ View Post
Cool idea but this is my 2cents... How do you decide if someone is actually 'deserving' of the military badge even after providing a DD214? No flaming involved.

Separation code JFX is for a personality disorder which also ties into separation code JMB, character or behavior disorder. Now with that being said the fact that you separated from the military after 17 months of active duty service as an E-1 PVT tells me that you got yourself into a bit of trouble and had yourself chaptered playing the crazy game. Also in order to call yourself a veteran I'm quite sure you have to have spent time in a combat zone. Just saying... I see that you had 1 year and 3 months stationed in a 'Foreign Location'. This however does not mean you were deployed to a combat zone. Foreign Service on the DD214 is used to list time spend on installations in such countries as Korea, Germany, Italy ect. Installations that have the same lifestyle as CONUS installations except they are OCONUS. Lastly your re-entry code is 3 which means that the Army does not want you back. Yes it is waiverable but in todays times highly unlikely.

Now that I am done with my /rant I have this to say: Flaming Involved

You were a turd and even if PbN had this badge they should not give it to you. Now I'm sure I will get banned for this but honestly I DGAF because sometimes the truth hurts people feelings.

Just for actual thread contribution reasons I do not like this idea. This is a paintball forum. If you wanna throw around the rank, or in this case, lack of rank you once had.. there is a 'Military' sub-forum on this site. No need for a badge.

This is paintball boys, do we really need a badge? Again, this is a forum for paintball.
gruntbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:02 PM #31
avaughanusa
SAPPERS IN

We dont need one no, It was just a suggestion that was made. Thats all haha.

yup its a pb forum but still kinda cool, especially given that alot of military people are drawn to the sport and alot of people get into the "mil sim" stuff. Paintball in itself was original called "the survival game" and its about "killing" or "marking" people out with your "gun" or "marker" so to me, the two are very similar. Just thought it was a cool idea, and given the poll I put up, so do the majority of other people lol

-John Stewart Mill