Community Focus

Old 02-17-2012, 08:48 AM #22
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj red dog View Post
Unless they make any changes, this is straight from the "paint" press release:

FirstCall Paintball has stepped up to help with additional incentives for those teams that love to shoot a lot of paint.

* A rebate of $10 per case for any team that purchases 15 or more cases at one time at least two weeks in advance of the event.

* All paint purchases will go through the EPL website.

* All rebates are a instant cash rebate at checkout
I thought I remebered seeing something about 2 weeks but I couldn't find it that's why I asked. I see it now on the right side of the page. Thanks

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:50 PM #23
Biggest Johnson

Biggest Johnson owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
We may be witnessing the downfall of the EPL ?
BYOP played a major roll in our decision to enter the EPL last year. Feild paint puts a squash on that!
Now the MAPL looks like a better deal. Although I must admit neither looks great.
I really enjoyed the EPL event we attended last year CHAD. You probably received pressure from the feild owners over $. Hope you reconsider the decision in the future. Would have paid more in entrance fee if needed!
Biggest Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:54 PM #24
TheCREAM31

TheCREAM31 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TheCREAM31 plays in the APPA D4 division
Unless you were getting Ultra Evil for $25 a case, I don't see how this has changed the cost for an event. It still comes out about the same give or take $5-$10. If you're shooting white box at a tournament, that's really the only way this can change the cost of an event for a team. With the prize increase this season, how can you not love the way the EPL is moving? Just my opinion I guess. South looks like it's coming back with some good teams this season. Can't wait for the East Coast Cup.
FIRED UP PAINTBALL-RAZA-ANS GEAR
GEO 3 FOR SALE
TheCREAM31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:04 PM #25
eklipsephil

eklipsephil owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
eklipsephil plays in the APPA D4 division
eklipsephil supports DLX Technology
I just hope Cup doesn't involve a blizzard like last year.
eklipsephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:52 PM #26
EPLseries
EPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Johnson View Post
We may be witnessing the downfall of the EPL ?
BYOP played a major roll in our decision to enter the EPL last year. Feild paint puts a squash on that!
Now the MAPL looks like a better deal. Although I must admit neither looks great.
I really enjoyed the EPL event we attended last year CHAD. You probably received pressure from the feild owners over $. Hope you reconsider the decision in the future. Would have paid more in entrance fee if needed!
Actually the league is going to expand this year. We will see increased participation over the next 6 months. A considerable amount of people have contacted me about playing this year and I am very excited about the 2012 series. I am more determined than ever to grow the EPL. Lower entries, better prizes and low paint costs will produce a better result for the players.

If the MAPL offers a better deal for your team, I will recommend playing in it this year. They have a great prize package and an excellent facility to host event. I will not get into a comparison conversation, that would be unprofessional.

I am glad that you enjoyed the EPL last year. That is what this is all about, Fun. But I will set you mind at ease. The field owners did not pressure me into anything nor do I feel that any of them ever would attempt such a thing. To be quite up front with you, nobody pressures me into anything. However, I do listen to players and consider their requests. After all they are the true owners of this league. In case you missed it...

"Listening to the players and acting on that dialogue is part of our mission to provide value and consistency to the best series on the East Coast, the EPL.* Continuing to provide the best tournament league available is a constant challenge and an evolving process that demands change when warranted. Better prizes and lower entry fees have always been the number one topics during our discussions with teams and that is what we have set out to do for 2012."

I knew that some teams would be very upset about the changes, however I felt that I needed to make a change so the league would grow. Your team will be missed.

I think that most of you will find that when you add it up, the EPL offers the best value to tournament players.

Thanks,
Chad Rotella

Here is another point that players may want to consider. The EPL has produced the some top teams in the Mid-Atlantic Region. REVO, PLAN B, Richmond Rage, and Seek & Destroy have all called the EPL home over the past 5 years. Each of these teams consistently ranks in the top 4 in the PSP.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:15 PM #27
EPLseries
EPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj red dog View Post
Thanks for responding and also thanks for looking into it. A+ move.
I am still working on a solution. I will have an answer next week. I just need to work on a few more items with the processing and then i can release the information. Sorry for the delay.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 AM #28
Jinx18
Dynamic

Just want to make sure I am understanding. If I preorder 15 or more cases 2 weeks before it is $10 off a case. Say I preorder 15 and then at the tournament I need 4 more. Do those additional four sell for the discounted price or regular price?

Also is there a set number of games guaranteed in prelims? First season with EPL so trying to figure out how much to preorder. Thanks

Gearbag Sale!!!!!

Last edited by Jinx18 : 02-23-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:45 PM #29
TheCREAM31

TheCREAM31 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TheCREAM31 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx18 View Post
Also is there a set number of games guaranteed in prelims? First season with EPL so trying to figure out how much to preorder. Thanks
Guranateed 8 games. It's Race-2, so could be a possible 12 games in pre-lims. if you make it to semi-finals, then it's another 4-6 games. This depends on the number of teams. If it's more than top 4 advancing, then of course you would have more games.
FIRED UP PAINTBALL-RAZA-ANS GEAR
GEO 3 FOR SALE
TheCREAM31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:46 PM #30
Dreadwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx18 View Post
Just want to make sure I am understanding. If I preorder 15 or more cases 2 weeks before it is $10 off a case. Say I preorder 15 and then at the tournament I need 4 more. Do those additional four sell for the discounted price or regular price?

We finished top 3 in four out of the five North events last season, and 2nd in the Cup, and we used 17-20 cases pretty consistently each event. So if you order 15-16 cases, you may have to buy a couple more if you make semis/finals.
Dreadwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:43 PM #31
Jinx18
Dynamic

ok thanks for the info!

Gearbag Sale!!!!!