Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 AM #106
General_MacArthur
Formerly General_Patton

General_MacArthur is playing at Living Legends V
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I've been in the awkward spots before and ****, but I guess it was just the mom that creeped me out. Seemed like a vindictive controlling *****. He's gonna have some serious problems I think when she dies.

White and proud.
STARMY Scavenger Hunt Champions

Originally Posted by DrobertsPB "you're like an intelligent redneck mountain man"
General_MacArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2012, 03:47 PM #107
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
It didn't give me the creeps.

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:12 AM #108
General_MacArthur
Formerly General_Patton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
It didn't give me the creeps.
THE MOM! Creepy shiet, dog.

ADHD drugs

Quote:
A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she held him, she sang:

I'll love you forever I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living My baby you'll be.

The baby grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was two years old, and he ran all around the house. He pulled all the books off the shelves. He pulled all the food out of the refrigerator and he took his mother's watch and flushed it down the toilet. Sometimes his mother would say, "This kid is driving me CRAZY!" But at night time, when that two-year-old was quiet, she opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor, looked up over the side of his bed; and if he was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. While she rocked him she sang:
I'll love you forever I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living My baby you'll be.

The little boy grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. he grew until he was nine years old. And he never wanted to come in for dinner, he never wanted to take a bath, and when grandma visited he always said bad words. Sometimes his mother wanted to sell him to the zoo! But at night time, when he was asleep, the mother quietly opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor and looked up over the side of the bed. If he was really asleep, she picked up that nine-year-old boy and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she rocked him she sang:

The boy grew. he grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was a teenager. He had strange friends and he wore strange clothes and he listened to strange music. Sometimes the mother felt like she was in a zoo! But at night time, when that teenager was asleep, the mother opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor and looked up over the side of the bed. If he was really asleep she picked up that great big boy and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. While she rocked him she sang:

That teenager grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was a grown-up man. He left home and got a house across town. But sometimes on dark nights the mother got into her car and drove across town. If all the lights in her son's house were out, she opened his bedroom window, crawled across the floor, and looked up over the side of his bed. If that great big man was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she rocked him she sang:

Well, that mother, she got older. She got older and older and older. One day she called up her son and said, "You better come see because I'm very old and sick." So her son came to see her. When he came in the door she tried to sing the song. She sang:
I'll love you forever I'll like you for always....
But she couldn't finish because she was too old and sick.

The son went to his mother. He picked her up and rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And he sang this song:

I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living My Mommy you'll be.

When the son came home that night, he stood for a long time at the top of the stairs. Then he went into the room where his very new baby daughter was sleeping. He picked her up in his arms and very slowly rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while he rocked her he sang:

Almost teared up in the middle of the student lounge, LOL

White and proud.

Originally Posted by DrobertsPB "you're like an intelligent redneck mountain man"
Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 AM #109
BodyCount81
Jerrah

I almost did in the library yesterday. It's okay bro... I'll watch those videos tonight.

"It's mine."
Old 02-22-2012, 12:57 PM #110
General_MacArthur
Formerly General_Patton

White and proud.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:11 PM #111
Commander_Bubbles
KCMO

gets me everytime

"Originally posted by John: I got 99 problems by my last count..."
Commander_Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:01 PM #112
Zerosignals
52nd street gang

I don't like this thread ;(

Jamin fan club
Zerosignals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:04 PM #113
paintballer123321
D-Botch!!!

Annual Supporting Member
paintballer123321 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
paintballer123321 is a top reviewer
paintballer123321 is Legendary
paintballer123321 is Boss
paintballer123321 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Bubbles View Post

gets me everytime
FTW
paintballer123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:38 PM #114
Jagov Fapsky (Banned)
=^_^=

Jagov Fapsky owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jagov Fapsky has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
what happened to rudy?
Jagov Fapsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:58 PM #115
paintballer123321
D-Botch!!!

Annual Supporting Member
paintballer123321 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
paintballer123321 is a top reviewer
paintballer123321 is Legendary
paintballer123321 is Boss
paintballer123321 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagov Fapsky
what happened to rudy?
He is an inspirational speeder in las vegas
paintballer123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:18 PM #116
frankie says chillax
...bro

frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer123321 View Post
He is an inspirational speeder in las vegas
in other words, he inspires people with his speed...
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:34 PM #117
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

midman112 supports Team VICIOUS
midman112 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
midman112 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie says chillax View Post
in other words, he inspires people with his speed...
He's really good at it. He doesn't even make an introduction, just starts off behind one curtain and sprints to the curtain on the other side of the curtain wearing nothing but a golden helmet. After he does that the show is over and you know Jesus. Pretty inspiring stuff.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:05 PM #118
LOL Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Wow, that video of the bodybuilder was messed up. It was really depressing, in a subtle sort of way.
Yeah, that's sort of what I meant. Not really much of a bawww thing but still sad. Oh well it was worth posting anyway. It's a really well directed short film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_MacArthur View Post
I couldn't tell if it was real or not. Gave me the creeps though.
His name is Kim Kold and the vid isn't real. If I remember right it was for a short film festival.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Then again, it probably didn't give me the creeps because I know what it's like to be a bit awkward and misunderstood. He seemed really ****ing bummed at the end, I mean, he must've been feeling REALLY down if he wanted to sleep in his mom's room (even if she was contributing to him feeling like ****. that *****)
The ending is honestly the saddest part of it all. He regresses all the way back to childhood.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:19 PM #119
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
Yeah, that's sort of what I meant. Not really much of a bawww thing but still sad. Oh well it was worth posting anyway. It's a really well directed short film.

His name is Kim Kold and the vid isn't real. If I remember right it was for a short film festival.

The ending is honestly the saddest part of it all. He regresses all the way back to childhood.
Yeah, pretty much. Not to mention his *****y, manipulative mother.

It isn't real? Damn. That's interesting, if it was, I would actually have been interested in watching the entire thing.

OSST FDT: 10% on topic, 90% diary entries, 100% homoerotic
JordanJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:50 PM #120
Les Stroud
Son of a *****

Les Stroud is playing at Living Legends V
Les Stroud is playing at Living Legends VI
Les Stroud is playing at Living Legends VII
I. ****ing. Hate. This. Thread.

You guys are a bunch of ****s.

EDIT: I just noticed this thread brings the whole ST community together. lol
Old 02-22-2012, 07:13 PM #121
General_MacArthur
Formerly General_Patton

Bawww threads are good for the soul. And the community as a whole.

White and proud.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:31 AM #122
iPANiC x

iPANiC x supports Cereal Killerz 2
iPANiC x helped look for balloons
iPANiC x owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
iPANiC x supports Sherwood Forest
iPANiC x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:19 AM #123
BodyCount81
Jerrah

^That is the saddest one in the thread.

"It's mine."
Old 02-23-2012, 08:47 AM #124
OR Baller, CST

OR Baller, CST plays in the PSP
OR Baller, CST plays in the APPA D4 division
OR Baller, CST supports DLX Technology
This thread should come with a warning and a box of tissue.

And people think paintballers are heartless!
Old 02-25-2012, 11:37 AM #125
General_MacArthur
Formerly General_Patton

Racing barefooted after kicking off her flip-flops, Cyndie pushes her son Derek Madsen, 10, up and down hallways in the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento on June 21, 2005, successfully distracting him during the dreaded wait before his bone marrow extraction. Doctors want to determine whether he is eligible for a blood stem cell transplant, his best hope for beating neuroblastoma, a rare childhood cancer, which was diagnosed in November 2004.

Cyndie French, embraces her son, Derek Madsen, 10, on July 25, 2005, after learning Derek needs surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in his abdomen. The emotional impact is taking its toll on her. “How can anyone maintain a nine-to-five job and do this?” she begins to wonder.

Derek Madsen, 10, gets a soothing massage from his mother, Cyndie French, at her Sacramento nail and tanning salon.. "I’m going to do whatever it takes to make him happy, to see him smile." Cyndie says. A single mom of five, Cyndie had to give up her salon at a financial loss to care for her dying son.

Derek playfully taunts his mother as Cyndie tries to coax him down from a wall outside the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento on July 27. They are there to admit Derek for cancer surgery the following day.Cyndia, who understands Derek’s emotional meltdown before procedures, spends hours getting him in the door of the hospital.

Shortly after his 11th birthday and Cyndie’s 40th, Derek is comforted by his brother Micah Moffe, 17, left, and mom Cyndie, right, as he gets a tattoo in preparation for radiation therapy on November 30, 2005.. Micah often accompanies Derek to treatments even though his schoolwork suffers.

On February 6, 2006, one of Derek’s cancer doctors recommends Cyndie contact hospice workers. She doesn't tell Derek about the conversation, but retreats behind a closed door at home to cry. "I don't think it's important to tell him," she says. "Why? What for?“ Sensing her sadness, Derek tries to cheer up his mom.

Realizing that Derek may never have an opportunity to get his driver's license, something he's told her he is anticipating, Cyndie French defies the rules and lets him drive up and down their street in West Sacramento. On the same day, Feb. 9, 2006. Cyndie met for the first time with hospice workers, and learns there is little time left for Derek.

Derek is tearful as Cyndie tries to reason with him at the UC Davis Cancer Center on Feb. 14, 2006. She and Dr. William Hall argue that Derek should have a series of radiation treatments to shrink tumors spreading throughout his body and alleviate his pain.. "Derek, you might not make it if you don't do this," Cyndie tells her son. Derek fires back: "I don't care! Take me home. I'm done, Mom. Are you listening to me? I'm done."

Cyndie always tries to have something at hand to take the sting out of her son, Derek's doctor appointments. On March 8 after undergoing radiation treatment, they make the most of a dollar can of Silly String - and Cyndie then meticulously cleans up every bit of the stuff from the ground.Cyndie is a big fan of the Dollar Store.

Cyndie consoles her best friend, Kelly Whysong, left, on April 24, 2006, Fearing Derek's time is near, Cyndie wrote a letter to Derek about how brave he's been during his battle with cancer. She reads it to her youngest son repeatedly, hoping he can still understand.

After placing a flower beside her son’s head, a sobbing Cyndie drops to the
floor on April 25, as her best friend, Kelly Whysong, left, and another friend, Nick Rocha, comfort her. Derek is too weak to acknowledge his mother’s presence as she keeps a 24-hour vigil by his bed.

Derek has a final burst of energy after days of Cyndie keeping vigil at his bedside. She helps her anguished son walk on April 26. A cancerous tumor has distended Derek's stomach so far that his pants no longer fit. Another tumor in his brain impairs his eyesight making navigation difficult inside their rental home.

Derek refuses to take pain medications because he fears further damage to his organs. He rages at his mother on April 28, blaming her for not making him healthier. "You have to calm down and help me help you," Cyndie says.

On May 1, after days of little sleep while caring for Derek, Cyndie confronts longtime family friend “grandpa” Patrick Degnan, about whether he'll be able to help with rent and funeral expenses as Derek is caught in the middle. Cyndie hopes to set up a non-profit organization so families don't have to endure the same financial struggle and chaos they have experienced. “I just wish that some of the percentage of money that goes to cancer research can be diverted to families going through this because many people will never benefit from the research,” says Cyndie.

Derek kisses his mom at the Relay for Life benefit, as his 6-year-old sister, Brianna, stands by. Wanting to contribute something to the cause and to “give back,.” Cyndie recruited volunteers for the benefit. Before the race, Cyndie speaks to the crowd about her pride in her son’s bravery during his battle with cancer.

Cyndie holds Derek on May 8. He is on medication that hinders his speech and keeps him awake at night. Except for a few minutes while hospice nurses are with him, Cyndie spends nearly every moment of the day at his side.."I was exhausted beyond belief but I had to do this. He would call my name and always expects me to be there," Cyndie said.

In an effort to get Derek outside, Cyndie wheels him through the front door passing by artwork and cards given to her son by classmates at Bridgeway Island Elementary School. “Just like a newborn, he needs to get out and get some air,” she says. It was his last trip outdoors.

Cyndie French fights her emotions May 10, as she prepares to flush out Derek's catheter with saline solution before hospice nurse Sue Kirkpatrick, left, administers a sedative that will give the 11-year-old a peaceful death. "I know in my heart I've done everything I can," Cyndie says.

Cyndie rocks her dying son as the song, "Because We Believe," plays on a cd. She sings along with Andrea Bocelli in a whispery voice. “Once in every life/There comes a time/We walk out all alone/And into the light…” From left, family friends Ashley Berger, Amy Morgan and Kelly Whysong offer comfort as Cyndie tells Derek, "It's OK, baby. I love you, little man. I love you, brave boy. I love you. I love you.“ Derek died soon after in his mother’s arms on May 10, 2006.

Cyndie leads Derek's casket to burial with assistance from her sons Anthony Moffe, foreground, Micah Moffe, opposite him, and Vincent Morris, who is not visible, as well as several friends. "I will forever carry your memory in my heart and remind others to give of their time, energy and support to other families like ours," Cyndie says at the funeral. Derek was buried in Mount Vernon Memorial Park in Fair Oaks, California, on May 19, 2006.

White and proud.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:42 PM #126
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
**** man
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote