Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-09-2011, 06:05 PM #22
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

i wouldn't be looking into an electronic marker if i were you. maybe look into a really nice mechanical autococker? those will run just fine on co2, granted you are using an anti-siphon tube. they'll also work just fine without the anti-siphon tube, but it is a good idea to use one no matter what marker you are running co2 through.

you won't be out of firepower compared to everyone else in your area because like someone else said if you can't easily get HPA then neither can anyone else, which will mean nobody else will have an electronic marker. any electronic marker that is able to run straight co2 won't be that much better compared to a mech autococker. there could be a few people who have a scuba tank setup though.
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2011, 07:04 PM #23
rivrfreak
Power is Precision

rivrfreak plays in the PSP
rivrfreak is playing at Living Legends V
rivrfreak supports Team VICIOUS
rivrfreak supports Bob Gurnsey
rivrfreak supports our troops
rivrfreak plays in the APPA D4 division
This is what you need!

Apparently nobody has heard of one of Smart Part's last guns...
The Vibe

I suggested this gun to my friend when he was first getting into the sport and he loved it. It's always been advertised to be able to shoot it with Co2 as well as HPA. There is actually a mode for Co2 to be ran in, it's either a switch on the board or a mode you have to go into, I don't recall. My friend even started upgrading his a little here and there so it can easily compare to the Ion & SP1 in this aspect. Many of their upgrades are even compatible with each other such as their bolts, but they also have a virtue board available for it.

Also, I just stumbled upon this: GoG eXTCy & GoG eNVy
GoG is the company which took over SmartParts, as you can see their guns are very similiar... & with this option you'd be sticking with a company that is in business, so I'd say it's a better call. Plus, the eXTCy comes with a blackheart board out of the box as does the upgraded eNVy.

Now running Co2 in any gun isn't recommended in general just because it's going to put more wear and tear on your gun and you'll probably have to replace o-rings a little more often as well. So just as you have already been told numerous times, get an ANTISIPHON tank!

GOOD LUCK!

ChicagoAggressive

Last edited by rivrfreak : 11-09-2011 at 07:11 PM.
rivrfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:32 PM #24
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post
i wouldn't be looking into an electronic marker if i were you. maybe look into a really nice mechanical autococker? those will run just fine on co2, granted you are using an anti-siphon tube. they'll also work just fine without the anti-siphon tube, but it is a good idea to use one no matter what marker you are running co2 through.

you won't be out of firepower compared to everyone else in your area because like someone else said if you can't easily get HPA then neither can anyone else, which will mean nobody else will have an electronic marker. any electronic marker that is able to run straight co2 won't be that much better compared to a mech autococker. there could be a few people who have a scuba tank setup though.
My experience with autocockers was very different. Except in hot weather, my autocockers' 3-way valves would begin to leak or freeze up during rapid fire on CO2, even on my anti-siphoned 16oz I was using at the time.

Tippmanns and other blowbacks have better all-weather capability on CO2 and are better beginner guns besides because of their simplicity.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 PM #25
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

it depends on what regulators you have. the older wgp regs (pre-2k) handled co2 much better than the newer ones. my 1998 autococker shot great on straight co2 at any ROF in any type of weather new england can throw at us.

if you're drawing liquid with an anti-siphon tube then you're either holding the gun at some wacky angles or the tube is installed wrong.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:38 PM #26
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

I would have been using two regulators, my stock 1998 reg that came with my 1998 cocker and a 2000+ ergo reg on my Superbolt (before I converted it).

I'm positive that the tube was installed in the right direction, but even if gaseous CO2 was entering the valve it can re-condense inside or downstream of the regulator if it's cold enough and the vapor is flowing fast enough.

I had pretty fast fingers back then.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:18 AM #27
McChip Ipwich

I have a GOG G-1 (Same thing as smart parts SP-1 and internally the same as the Envy/eXTCY/Vibe) and it runs flawlessly off an un-siphoned CO2 tank. Although, I wouldn't recommend emptying a hopper at a time...the regulator can get pretty cold when fired automatic.
McChip Ipwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:19 PM #28
scienceguy

has been a member for 10 years
In reality , any gun can run off of co2. I've run my Viking off co2 without major issues. Granted I used 2 regulators and a remote to protect the solenoid, but it is possible. I couldn't shoot as fast bc co2 can't recharge the valve as fast as hpa... But I still had fun.

In this sport you will run into lots of people that tell you that you "need" this or that. The truth is that to have fun you only need a gun that shoots,a mask, and a group of people that dont cheat. Everything else is fluff.
scienceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:26 PM #29
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
As far as markers go, you can run any of them off HPA as long as you have a remote line or a siphon tube in the tank. You must not get ANY liquid CO2 into the marker or else you will destroy it.

Now, there are lower end markers which are electros and semis and run quite well off CO2.

Spyders, Azodins, Proto (not the Reflex), and those lower end markers run off CO2 quite fine.

One thing I would do, if you use an electronic marker on CO2, is upgrade it a bit so you don't have to fix a ****ty valve seal leak or something like that every other week.

1: respring it. If it's a stacked tube blowback like an Azodin or Spyder setup, it's nice to have a lower tube which won't knock the **** out if itself. That can lend to low FPS and inconsistencies, which is why when swapping springs out, one should pay attention to properly pairing the springs and the valve.
If you have the cash, you could pick up an Azodin Blitz (used) and drop in a MaddMann Rocket, NDZ SS, or AKA Tornado valve (all 11/16ths) in there, and with a light valve and a medium striker spring, you can still have higher FPS shots, but with a much more durable and efficient system. Oh yeah, and it'll be smoother and more consistent as well... Kind of like a current high end marker like an Ego. I wouldn't say a G6r or Creed, because those are actually really smooth and consistent shooters.

With spool valves like the Rail and Ion XE/eXTCy, I'd suggest buying a nice oring kit. Don't get the typical Orings, but some HNBR or Xring Orings. Those withstand much colder temperatures without the issue of drying up or cracking. (Xrings should only be used on moving parts, and have the ability to retain lubricants a bit longer, so they're a bit lower maintenance as well).

Finally, ALWAYS have some grease and oil for your marker. Just to keep things running smoothly and without any issues.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"

Last edited by YeloSno : 11-11-2011 at 04:28 PM.
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:43 PM #30
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Headshotted has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
See? I bet Viking Guy was running two stabalizers.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:40 PM #31
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Here's your answer...CO2 even on guns that supposedly work with it still is less than wonderful. I used CO2 powered guns for years, but when I switched to air I never looked back. Do you want a bunch of 20oz co2 bottles? I think I have 8 or 10 that will never see use again.

Get a small 3000psi compressor of your own. You can sell air to all your friends and fill your bottles too.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998
rkenders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:42 PM #32
AndyDeelighT

AndyDeelighT has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AndyDeelighT has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
it sounds to me like you can make a little come up selling air. Get a little fill station going!
AndyDeelighT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:19 PM #33
Aladar
Normalcool

Aladar has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Aladar has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I hear ions runs well on CO2, I've never dared to try though.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:25 PM #34
JOHNNY G
little rainbow bomb

JOHNNY G donated to help Peyton Trent
JOHNNY G owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JOHNNY G supports DLX Technology
JOHNNY G supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladar
I hear ions runs well on CO2, I've never dared to try though.
I would never try this.

"Originally posted by "Codypbnation: You really are a dick Johnny"
JOHNNY G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 PM #35
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

AR15 guy is a Supporting Member
Back in the day I used to run my Classic Impulses on co2 all the time. I would shoot 7 pods + a hopper every game and it never skipped a beat.

Now my dedicated co2 gun is a Zenith. Even if you over pressurize it with liquid co2....its just a spyder clone and it doesn't hurt it.
ALL MY GEAR IS FOR SALE
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:27 PM #36
MeŠiCX
Boneyard Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
MeŠiCX owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
MeŠiCX owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Ions ran fine on CO2. Problem was people didn't use anti-siphon CO2 tanks.
MeŠiCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:25 PM #37
MU WISCOBALLER

MU WISCOBALLER supports Team VICIOUS
MU WISCOBALLER supports Team VICIOUS
MU WISCOBALLER is an NCPA player
MU WISCOBALLER has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I would look into azodin, or get an E2 autococker.
Gearbag Sale! Vcom Bring Luxes!
MU WISCOBALLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 AM #38
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshotted View Post
Sp Solenoids exploded under co2. How many dead ions do you recall? I recall a MILLION OF THEM.

PB Player - I think you should check out the option of two palmers regs and antisiphoning.
They all ran fine on CO2 with an anti-siphon tank. Extra regs won't hurt but are not required.
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:53 PM #39
DEAk0n

My suggestion would be to purchase three(3) 68cuf scuba tanks and at least one fill station like this one: Link

Then, to get a decent shop air compressor like this one: Link

And last, but not at all least, a ShoeBox 4500psi "step up" compressor... Link

I know, this seems like an awful lot of money to spend. But, using the three scuba tanks in a cascade fill setup can stretch the number of high pressure fills out quite a bit. You can use this tool to help you figure out how many fills you'll get. It's possible you could recoup some of the money you spent by selling HPA fills to you other friends. Well, that's just my two cents.

Write a program so simple that even an idiot can use it, and only idiots will use it.
DEAk0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:06 PM #40
r37r18u710n

r37r18u710n is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by MU WISCOBALLER View Post
I would look into azodin, or get an E2 autococker.
An electric cocker is just as susceptible to damage from liquid CO2 as any other marker with a pneumatic solenoid (solenoid valve). While the air is twice regulated before it gets to the solenoid, it's still very sensitive.

My suggestion would just be to get an anti-siphon for your CO2 tank and a good regulator (Palmers, AKA, etc.). Alternatively, look for a mech Cocker and just enjoy it. You can pick them up for dirt cheap and they're a joy to shoot.
r37r18u710n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:38 PM #41
tent15
IOWA BALLER

tent15 supports Team VICIOUS
tent15 posts videos on PbNation
tent15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Anything with a relief valve should save your solenoid from overpressurizing, which was the problem with co2 none of this oring freezing nonesense... rubber freezing lol

Btw ENVYs, EXTCYs, VIBEs, and EOSs all work great on co2. I've used it on the later two without an anti-siphon and it worked flawlessly
tent15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:13 AM #42
Drewski89

i have an azodin blitz, is it ok to run this on co2? i dont have an anti siphon tank...what would a palmers reg do for it? can i just buy the anti siphon hose kits and have a tech at my paintball shop install it or does it have to be professionally done
Drewski89 is offline   Reply With Quote