PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2012, 10:22 PM #1
steve18_buddy

steve18_buddy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
steve18_buddy plays in the APPA D4 division
Angel A1 Stock Board

Today I started having problems with my stock board while playing. The screen started dimming and flickering for about 5 seconds until in powered down buy itself. I checked the battery and also tried 3 new ones right about of the pack. The board shows full power then one board goes away while it is dimming then just powers off. Also the three solder joints that hold the negitive prong of the battery start to warm up and then get hot to the touch. Anyone have any idea on what is going on and wondering if anyone has a stock board they are willing to part just in case my board is bad which i think is the case
steve18_buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2012, 11:37 PM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
The battery terminal heating up is concerning. Check for any paint or other debris on the board that may be bridging circuits. If you find anything, clean it with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:05 AM #3
steve18_buddy

steve18_buddy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
steve18_buddy plays in the APPA D4 division
i tried cleaning the board off even though there wasnt paint on it before thinking the same thing with no luck. Its funny that not all the negitive solder joints are getting warm its just the one on the far left and middle joint (2 out of 3.) If the board powers off then i turn it right back on it dims right away and shuts down but if i leave it powered off for a few minutes it looks like its going to work with the screen full colored and battery indicater at full then in about five to ten seconds it gives up and dims to power off.
steve18_buddy is offline   Reply With Quote