Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2012, 02:02 PM #1
archie26

techt If it sizing system and barrel question

Ok Im new to this so bear with me. I have a tippmann a5 and I'm debating on which barrel to buy. The furious lotus or deadly winds fibur. Since these are two piece barrels, which is front barrel part that screws into the back barrel part that screws into the gun, how do they connect to the ifit? Do you take the front barrel part and screw that into the ifit or does the whole barrel fit into the ifit? Also on techt's website there are a lot of different ifit sizing adapters and there is one for a5 to furious but none to deadly winds. I know there has to be one for it cause Ive seen a deadly winds with ifit on youtube. Which adapter fits the deadly winds? thanks
archie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2012, 02:06 PM #2
gamer565
*****es love cannons!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
The whole barrel screws into the I fit and you'll get to get the kit based of what barrel threading you need/have not the brand of the barrel you have.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM #3
Shemp 5
"Agglet"

Shemp 5 is playing at Living Legends V
Shemp 5 supports DLX Technology
^hes right.

almost not worth upgrading the barrel. id say throw that money into a mask or a carbon fiber tank(if you dont have those)

Agg Mafia/DaLuxe Mob/Ego Mafia
Shemp 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:16 PM #4
archie26

Ok so if I bought a furious lotus barrel with a5 threads, I would need an adapter that has a5 threads on one side that screw into the gun, and on the other side has a5 threads that the barrel screws into? So it would be: gun -- ifit sizing adapter --- barrel back --- barrel front
Old 02-20-2012, 02:26 PM #5
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by archie26 View Post
Ok so if I bought a furious lotus barrel with a5 threads, I would need an adapter that has a5 threads on one side that screw into the gun, and on the other side has a5 threads that the barrel screws into? So it would be: gun -- ifit sizing adapter --- barrel back --- barrel front
you should be able to find a barrel kit that has a5 threads to it, the quality of all those barrels are very similar, my very old empire kit is just as nice as a freak kit
Old 02-20-2012, 04:05 PM #6
p8ntballr68059
Post whore since 08

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
if you buy a furious barrel with a5 back just buy a good bore size and you wont need a kit.. the furious barrel imho is the nicest shooting barrel on the market
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Insight,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:46 PM #7
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
i would get a tech t avoid freak inserts they are crap

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:22 PM #8
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
i would get a tech t avoid freak inserts they are crap
What? Since when?

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:12 AM #9
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

here, i found this on their site:

-"Conversion Adaptors are named so that the first name listed is the gun that the adaptor will fit in, and the second name is what barrel will work in it. Example: The "A5/X7 to Autococker iFit Adaptor" will allow you to use Autococker Barrels on your A5/X7. "

http://www.techtpaintball.com/ifit_pr-3211.aspx

so if you bought an A5 to autococker kit, you would thread the adapter into your gun, and then you could thread any autococker threaded barrel into the adapter.

on a side note i really suggest getting the a5 to cocker' threaded kit. cocker' threads are what most other guns use so they are very common which makes it easy to find any brand of barrel with cocker threads.

your not looking for "a5 to furious/deadly wind". your looking for "a5 to autococker". then you would just buy an autococker threaded furious or deadly winds barrel, or any other cocker threaded barrel of your choice.

2nd note....your not seeing a5 to deadly winds fibur because the fibur barrel takes freak inserts. so if you used the ifit kit youd have the adapter with an insert in it, then the barrel attached to the kit with the freak insert in it...which would be pretty pointless to plug a barrel kit into another barrel kit lol.

however im pretty sure DW makes another carbon fiber barrel that doesnt take inserts so it would work just fine. btw the fibur is a 1 piece barrel, but with the freak kit it works like a 2 piece. its all 1 piece but the inside of the back half is big enough for the freak inserts. i have one and ive been very pleased with it. ive also had the pleasure of actually playing with the guys from TechT on a regular basis and they are pretty cool people. their products get tested in the real world by real people at the pb field every weekend, i wouldnt have any reservations about any of their products.

Last edited by Rebel_816 : 02-21-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Rebel_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:11 AM #10
archie26

Yeah I meant the Deadly winds null not the fibur got em mixed up. Why doesn't techt just say a5 to a barrel with a5 threads or a5 to a barrel with auto cocker threads etc. When they say a5 to furious it gets a little confusing cause you can get the furious with different threads. Its like there saying any furious regardless of what threads it has will fit the adapter piece. And to make matters worse I called techt earlier and the guy there said that you only use just the front part of the furious barrel and not the whole thing with the ifit. At the time I thought that must be the way it is but thinking on it later it didn't seem right which is why I posted here. Thank God for you guys for clearing things up thanks.

Last edited by archie26 : 02-21-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:52 AM #11
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Rebel with the save

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote