PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 11:08 AM #1
rutley12

Up grade Bolt and Rammer for Legend

I have the only real up grades for the Legend. I have a 15 gram bolt and a 15 gram,rammer. The stock bolt and rammer together weight nerly 70 grams.My bolt and rammer at 30 grams lower the operating pressure to 165 psi,Eliminates the kick the gun is known for and makes the gun cycle smoother than a Ego or Intimidator, which both have over 70 grams of weight cycleing back and forth. I will have some of these bolts and rammers available,in about 30 days. Here are some pics of the prototypes !

http://s1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/rutley2012/
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2012, 08:35 PM #2
brett S.

brett S. has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
brett S. has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
brett S. has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
price? and is the bolt soft face?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:05 PM #3
DeadOnpBaller51
W

DeadOnpBaller51 plays in the PSP
DeadOnpBaller51 is an NCPA National Champion
DeadOnpBaller51 plays in the APPA D4 division
I find it a little curious that the photos are time stamped for September 2007.

You also claimed in the "New gun from infinity" thread that the new gun from infinity will have a ram and bolt with the same stats as the one you're selling here.

Unless you actually work for Infinity, I don't know how you'd have knowledge of the specs for the new Infinity marker. I also wouldn't think Infinity would want their new bolt and ram released to the public shortly before their new marker is released.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I'm just a little intrigued. Have you had these prototypes made for over four years and where did get the knowledge you have about the new Infinity marker?

I'm all for an upgrade bolt and ram if they work and work well.

Last edited by DeadOnpBaller51 : 02-19-2012 at 09:07 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-19-2012, 10:23 PM #4
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Curious about prices, actual performances gains. Also curios about the durability of the bolt. Just wondering why Pooty would have not cut any weight out of the bolt if there is no significant weakening of the structure.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:17 AM #5
rutley12

[quote=DeadOnpBaller51;74461809]I find it a little curious that the photos are time stamped for September 2007.

You also claimed in the "New gun from infinity" thread that the new gun from infinity will have a ram and bolt with the same stats as the one you're selling here.

Unless you actually work for Infinity, I don't know how you'd have knowledge of the specs for the new Infinity marker. I also wouldn't think Infinity would want their new bolt and ram released to the public shortly before their new marker is released.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I'm just a little intrigued. Have you had these prototypes made for over four years and where did get the knowledge you have about the new Infinity marker?

I'm all for an upgrade bolt and ram if they work and work well.[/Q Sorry for the wrong time stamp on the pics! I made these in the summer of 2009. Ihave used them for three years, I contacted Glenn Foster at Infinity about these parts,He was very interested,would not stop bothering me about sending some samples,pics,or the gun itself. I told him i was reluctant to do so because they were not pattened. All i have is what is refered to as a poor mans pattent! He was dishonest with me and did not tell me that the legend was no longer made.When i heard the gun was no longer in production,i asked Glenn about this. That is when he told me about his new gun.That let me know his interest in my parts was for his new gun. So i told him i new his intrest in my parts was for his new gun! He then sent me an email "which i have saved" that states that if i sent him pics that he would not make or use my parts without making a deal with me first. So i sent him the pics,and now he refusses to talk to me. I have saved all the emails between Glenn and i.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:51 AM #6
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Not to make this into a thread about that but an email does not count as a contract that could hold in court. Glenn has his parts patented as he was the creator and owner of them, but what is the legality of someone modifying it(removing material in this case to reduce weight only and not actualy altering it) and it becoming their own product.

If you made these in '09 why would you not try to sell these before?

Also met Glenn when the Legend came out, and over the years from what I have seen, heard, and CS experience he is a very stand up kind of guy..
Old 02-20-2012, 04:34 AM #7
rutley12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbuddy12 View Post
Not to make this into a thread about that but an email does not count as a contract that could hold in court. Glenn has his parts patented as he was the creator and owner of them, but what is the legality of someone modifying it(removing material in this case to reduce weight only and not actualy altering it) and it becoming their own product.

If you made these in '09 why would you not try to sell these before?

Also met Glenn when the Legend came out, and over the years from what I have seen, heard, and CS experience he is a very stand up kind of guy..
The rammer is totally different! And as for the Bolt It is shorter and lighter than the stock one with No quick pull pin,and totally different milling, does it look like his stock bolt to you? I am not here to argue with you but a verbale contract is a legall contract!!! If you can prove it, and i bleave the emails i have will prove this. And as far as Glen being a stand-up kind of guy lets wait and see what kind of a rammer and bolt his new Legend uses. If you want to argue mybe you should ask pooty how moding the Legend bolt by adding one oring and reversing STOCK quick pull pin makes it HIS! You are intitled to your opinion but it is just that your opinion!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:41 AM #8
rutley12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett S. View Post
price? and is the bolt soft face?
The soft face is to cushin the impact of the bolt sriking the paint the cause of most ball breaks, Not chopping, Legends almost never break paint! So i want my final bolt version to be ventura to lower operating pressure,and orings on both sides of air port to help with shot to shot consistancy. Before i can give a price i will have to see what the production costs are. But pricing will be fair.Thanks for your interest!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:08 PM #9
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Pooty polishes his bolts to reduce friction or possible areas for friction to be generated between the bolt and the breech. By adding the o-ring it again moves the majority of the bolt off the breech so less contact as well as as a seal to decrease/eliminate air passing behind the bolt. The natural seal the stock bolt had to prevent this was mainly the bolt body itself.

If you can prove it yes, but if he were to really "steal" your design changes he would have to do it exactly spot on. If he alters it slightly in the end it technically becomes a new product. Much like yours is yours even though it is Glenn's original design you made changes to make it a different product. I know I am coming off as a dick all around and do not mean to.

Also in this time Glenn moved and closed down his store/shop, has been working on the new marker, as well as I am sure several other things non-pb related. That is not necessarily an excuse for not contacting you back, but you coming into the Infinity forum and more or less calling Glenn a potential thief prob will not fly to well with many people as I mentioned before he has been one of the great CS guys in the biz.

If you are/were really concerned you should have sent a final letter to him stating he needed to contact and return the items within 30 days and if he failed to do either you were contacting the authorities. If you have the emails you say you do to prove everything, most places across the country take things like this fairly seriously. California as well.

But as mentioned before I know they have had a fair amount of change going on out there so that, even along with say testing to see if it is a viable product in their minds or not. Or using it as a start and expanding on it. But posting on public forums like these when the event in question is still outstanding tends to hurt the person(s) more in the end even if they were correct in the first place. Just saying may want to be careful..
Old 02-20-2012, 01:45 PM #10
DeadOnpBaller51
W

DeadOnpBaller51 plays in the PSP
DeadOnpBaller51 is an NCPA National Champion
DeadOnpBaller51 plays in the APPA D4 division
Yeah, in all my dealings with Infinity and Glenn, however brief, I have always been left 100% satisfied.

I'm not saying what you're saying is incorrect, I just would be incredibly surprised that Glenn would ask for photos, subsequently stop contacting you, and then use the same design for his new marker.

I won't be the first one to test these new designs out but if reviews are good, I'm not against buying them both.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:52 PM #11
rutley12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbuddy12 View Post
Pooty polishes his bolts to reduce friction or possible areas for friction to be generated between the bolt and the breech. By adding the o-ring it again moves the majority of the bolt off the breech so less contact as well as as a seal to decrease/eliminate air passing behind the bolt. The natural seal the stock bolt had to prevent this was mainly the bolt body itself.

If you can prove it yes, but if he were to really "steal" your design changes he would have to do it exactly spot on. If he alters it slightly in the end it technically becomes a new product. Much like yours is yours even though it is Glenn's original design you made changes to make it a different product. I know I am coming off as a dick all around and do not mean to.

Also in this time Glenn moved and closed down his store/shop, has been working on the new marker, as well as I am sure several other things non-pb related. That is not necessarily an excuse for not contacting you back, but you coming into the Infinity forum and more or less calling Glenn a potential thief prob will not fly to well with many people as I mentioned before he has been one of the great CS guys in the biz.

If you are/were really concerned you should have sent a final letter to him stating he needed to contact and return the items within 30 days and if he failed to do either you were contacting the authorities. If you have the emails you say you do to prove everything, most places across the country take things like this fairly seriously. California as well.

But as mentioned before I know they have had a fair amount of change going on out there so that, even along with say testing to see if it is a viable product in their minds or not. Or using it as a start and expanding on it. But posting on public forums like these when the event in question is still outstanding tends to hurt the person(s) more in the end even if they were correct in the first place. Just saying may want to be careful..
I was not trying criticize the pooty bolt, just wanted to piont out his changes were no more drastic than mine. I love paintball,am 46 ,have played for over 20 years.From my experience players and retailers alike are good people,loaning each-other equipment,giving advice and ect. That is way it bothered me so bad when glenn stoped camunicating with me, "since Jan. 2". When he asked me what i wanted for my parts,i told him i lost my job and could not afford new markers,i have six kids three boys that play paintball so i would take 4 new legends. Thats like giving him the parts. But he never answerd me not even to tell me he was not interested in the parts! If i have offended anyone i apologize! I do find it interesting that in you original post you think my changes to his bolt dont make it mine,but if he changes my rammer in the slightest way it makes it his. Enough talk about Glenn this will be the end of that.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:17 PM #12
Havoc.

Very intrigued by this; do let us, or at least me, know when you're ready to sell some sets. I have no qualms with being the "test dummy" for those hassling this guy. Or maybe if you need some "testers" that live in cold climates....
Old 02-20-2012, 11:31 PM #13
rutley12

Now to speak about the rammer and bolt. I got production of the parts started today. The rammer is as pictured, what makes these rams durable is what i didnt show you in the pics. There is a piece of tool steel in the face of the rammer that strikes the pop-it. After three years of use it shows no sign of wear. Tool steel is much harder than stainless steel. The bolt has been drasticly changed made from raw delrin it is now a ventura bolt with orings on both sides of the air port. I stayed with the milled grooves to keep it light,also keep the aircraft alluminun connecting pin and set screw at back to hold pin in place. It does require allen wrench to remove the bolt. But does anyone really pull the bolt during a game,especially with barrels that shoot themself clean. But if you think a quick pull pin would be better let me know,just keep in mind a stianless steel one would add 12-15 grams of wieght. I could use alluminum witch would add about 5 grams. I will post new pics in a few days. I also have a new front block design "moore volume" but will wait on makeing it. I need to see if there is a demaned for parts on a gun that is no longer made!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:38 PM #14
rutley12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc. View Post
Very intrigued by this; do let us, or at least me, know when you're ready to sell some sets. I have no qualms with being the "test dummy" for those hassling this guy. Or maybe if you need some "testers" that live in cold climates....
I planned on giveing 5 sets to people ,in exchange for writing a review! Send me your name and shipping address in a private message.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:01 AM #15
killer_ghost
Bafinity Options!

I've owned my Legend for about 7 months now and don't know how it can shoot any better, but if your parts really do increase performance I'd be interested in them.
Houston Heat Fan #15
Old 02-21-2012, 08:06 AM #16
briaschu1

briaschu1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
briaschu1 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't know if I'd be any help doing a review as I probably wont get to start slinging paint for a few more months yet, but if you make a few more afterwords, I'd be interested in trying out your parts.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:16 PM #17
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Pm'd. I am very interested in this.

Personally the bolt bot vein tool less removable is a decent sized problem. I can be a tad OCD between games and throughout the day where I pull the bolt and swab through the breech and whole barrel at once. Easier to do mid game also when there is a break. Especially when it is cold out and barrel breaks are somewhat common with cheap paint.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:00 PM #18
straptrams91
PRESIDENT

Annual Supporting Member
straptrams91 plays in the PSP
straptrams91 is playing at Living Legends V
straptrams91 is playing at Living Legends VI
straptrams91 supports Team VICIOUS
straptrams91 is an NCPA player
straptrams91 is Legendary
id be down to write an in depth review for your new parts. pm'd you
Old 02-25-2012, 12:54 PM #19
rutley12

I have already selected five people to test the bolt and rammer. I went with the first five that asked. The parts should be ready by the 2nd. I will post new pics, and price. The bolt is drasticly different, ventura with orings on both sides of the air port.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:49 PM #20
killer_ghost
Bafinity Options!

Just a heads up man. If you are planning on posting a price you have to do it on the B/S/T thread or buy a News Up.
Houston Heat Fan #15
Old 02-25-2012, 03:17 PM #21
Infinity Kid
Lonely Island

Infinity Kid is playing at Living Legends VII
Infinity Kid supports Team VICIOUS
Infinity Kid supports Team VICIOUS
Infinity Kid posts videos on PbNation
Infinity Kid supports DLX Technology
This is very interesting! All these new parts coming out for a marker, that essentially isnt being produced anymore! I loved the legend!

So we have:
7th Element OLED
Pooty Bolt
This guys parts
Rhino Spring
Clamping Feedneck

Thats just about what every other marker has on the marker as far as "upgrades" go! I think you should go into very deep depth when you do a review! Chrono each shot, prove how much air it takes etc..
Closed Thread