PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-14-2012, 11:25 AM #22
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y View Post
I love the way it feels now that i got it set up. I just notice that when I'm on semi, it tends to be unresponsive. I can get it up to 18-19 max, but the average is usually around 8-9. :/
Frustrating isn't it. I can't hold down a good rate for any length of time more than maybe a few seconds, probably 5 seconds at most, then it all falls apart.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2012, 11:32 AM #23
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Just me thinking out loud.
That has been me after the 3rd post or so haha

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // PM6 // Angel Speed 05 FST
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:53 AM #24
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Hey o5pr3y,
I've got one of the custom triggers for the rev-i, although I don't know of any others. Marcus did a great job on it.

Anyways, I've done the mod where you place the spring between the frame and trigger return magnet after CA hooked me up with a spring and the idea. It was ok for me, but it made it feel kind of squishy (I hope you understand what I mean) and not as responsive as the snap back. I ended up trying it with the stock trigger, with and without the magnet, and with the marcus trigger, with and without magnet. None of those ways just seemed to have struck my fancy.

The best set up I have used so far is the custom trigger with no spring and no return magnet. The trigger is returned solely off of the microswitch and works well. There isn't any bounce for me and it is by far the lightest trigger I have ever used. It doesn't have that snap I want though.

My ideal trigger setup would be to set up repelling magnets kind of located on the curve of the trigger and then near the microswitch so as the pull gets closer, the resistance increases like a spring without the squish. It's pretty much impossible with the Rev-I though.

The Violent Series trigger actually sounds like the best overall option for the Rev-I and after the frame modification, you will still be able to go back to the stock trigger if you wish.

I hated the trigger when I first got my Rev-I. The first time I shot it, it decided to run away and shoot a hopper full of Formula 13 at a tree by itself. Lol.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever

Last edited by i8somepie : 02-14-2012 at 12:04 PM.
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 PM #25
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is Legendary
phillysteve is a Forum Captain
I like the trigger on my rev-i a lot more than the two triggers I have on my Luxe. Everyone seems to love the luxe triggers but I shoot faster on the rev-i. It is all preference I suppose.
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:50 PM #26
Whitie22

Whitie22 supports Team VICIOUS
Whitie22 supports Empire
I have some ideas and Will try them but on.my G4. Maybe a switchable trigger that locks in place.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:20 PM #27
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

has been a member for 10 years
I was the user on here that modded my REV-i frame to fit the FX / Spec R / G4 Violent series triggers. Very easy mod but as others have mentioned, you do have to take a dremel to your trigger frame.

Something else I have tried on the Switchblade was to replace the setscrew in the back of the trigger that adjusts the tension needed to swivel the trigger with a longer, stainless steel one from a hardware store. I had good success with that too as it gave the lever a point at which to touch rather than that stupid rounded spot.
rottensquad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:34 PM #28
battleXtar

Im thinking of adding a short soft spring may be from a ball pen to glue it into the micro switch to add more tension... but it seems the idea will make the micro switch having a space gap making travel issue for the tinny micro switch lever...
Old 02-15-2012, 12:07 AM #29
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
ever considered a counterweight system instead of magnets or springs?

Clean and re-oil the bearing (It's helped me on the FX trigger as far as allowing for some slickness is concerned), then maybe weight the front end of the trigger (on top) and back out the front adjustment screw on the frame?

I have a feeling it'll allow for a "swingier" feel to it.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:20 AM #30
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

I think a design like Violent did for the Etek triggers would allow the REV-i to use a really good repel magnet setup. But I am happy with how my REV-i is now so I think I am done tinkering with it. It will soon be a backup to my new marker anyway. We had a good 3 year run with it.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:59 PM #31
carlos48

carlos48 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i just did 2 magnets on mine, one on the frame and one in the trigger, it feels great
carlos48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:55 PM #32
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos48
i just did 2 magnets on mine, one on the frame and one in the trigger, it feels great
Oh so that was what you were working on!

Care to elaborate on what exactly you did? I'm really interested in something like that.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:46 PM #33
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos48 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8somepie View Post
Oh so that was what you were working on!

Care to elaborate on what exactly you did? I'm really interested in something like that.
Same here. I would be interested in the details.

I do seem to recall someone glueing a magnet onto the bottom tip of the trigger and then another on the trigger frame (in a corresponding position of course). The only down side to that was that it only worked if the trigger was used in only one of the two "switched" positions.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 02-18-2012, 12:02 PM #34
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

Part of the problem with the Switchblade trigger is that the roller bearings really serve no purpose. They are basically there for decoration. I say that because on mine, as well as many other users, the pin does not fit tightly into the roller bearing so the bearing is not doing anything. DP has never learned how to properly make a trigger.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:22 PM #35
Chuckasaurus
Giggity

Chuckasaurus plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottensquad07 View Post
Part of the problem with the Switchblade trigger is that the roller bearings really serve no purpose. They are basically there for decoration. I say that because on mine, as well as many other users, the pin does not fit tightly into the roller bearing so the bearing is not doing anything. DP has never learned how to properly make a trigger.
I pointed this out to Belden, and told him that some properly fitting trigger bearings would make the switchblade a decent trigger, but nothing ever happened.

Just as we've seen from the Taiwanese companies who manufactured the ZR1, the Rogue, and the markers for DP, they simply will not fix a problem with a marker just because the end user has a problem with it.

Their mindset is that we should like whatever it is they manfacture, as opposed to them trying to manufacture what WE like.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:50 PM #36
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

Yep. And that is the reason I will not ever own a marker from anyone but an established pb company like Dye, BL, Macdev, or PE. My rev-i is my last DP marker and I may even sell it for something else to try
Old 02-18-2012, 08:34 PM #37
carlos48

carlos48 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

Same here. I would be interested in the details.

I do seem to recall someone glueing a magnet onto the bottom tip of the trigger and then another on the trigger frame (in a corresponding position of course). The only down side to that was that it only worked if the trigger was used in only one of the two "switched" positions.
not the way i have it
carlos48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:44 PM #38
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos48 View Post
not the way i have it
- No PMs with details or anything? Not even a hint as to how it is set up?
Old 02-18-2012, 10:41 PM #39
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Quote:
- No PMs with details or anything? Not even a hint as to how it is set up?
Put towards the top? Only the bottom half rotates right?
GraniteGargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:54 PM #40
marcusgar21

the bearings are useless...
DP does need to re-design the trigger system with spacers in the frame that sit on the bearings, that way when the trigger screw is put in snugly it wont bind the trigger in the frame.

YETIPB.com
For Custom Delrin Triggers PM Me...

Sponsored by: DP, CP, TechT, ANSGear.com
marcusgar21 is offline   Reply With Quote