PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-02-2011, 06:50 PM #22
bc_pber86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8416 View Post
Yeah i really should have researched ansgear reviews myself. I ordered three items because paintballgear had no stock. One of the items was a leopard dye rotor accent kit. I got the package and open it up- the kit packaging is torn, missing two windows and the sticker. I call up ansgear right away, and they say send them a picture. So I take a pic and send it to them. Two days later they reply:
"We would not have shipped the product in this condition. Please contact your customs office and/or USPS to file a claim for the damaged goods. If you need any further information from us, please let us know."

Which is BS the package was unopened and if it was ever opened there would have been a letter from customs or usps. I would stay away from these guys - general talk from rest of community is they have terrible customer service and experience is bad overall.

Actually shipping companies do have to open your package and submit a form with all content on the truck to Canada customs. So it's quite possible the shipping company could have damaged your goods.
bc_pber86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2012, 08:22 PM #23
bcalibri

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregT View Post
BadLandsPaintball.com is a nice site to with decent selection and prices, and located in Canada so no brokerage.
Yeah, I agree. Shop in Canada!
bcalibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:03 PM #24
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8416 View Post
Yeah i really should have researched ansgear reviews myself. I ordered three items because paintballgear had no stock. One of the items was a leopard dye rotor accent kit. I got the package and open it up- the kit packaging is torn, missing two windows and the sticker. I call up ansgear right away, and they say send them a picture. So I take a pic and send it to them. Two days later they reply:
"We would not have shipped the product in this condition. Please contact your customs office and/or USPS to file a claim for the damaged goods. If you need any further information from us, please let us know."

Which is BS the package was unopened and if it was ever opened there would have been a letter from customs or usps. I would stay away from these guys - general talk from rest of community is they have terrible customer service and experience is bad overall.
That's bull****. Since they're the shipper and it was shipped on their account, it's their responsibility to file a claim with USPS on your behalf. Thats extremely shady.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:51 AM #25
green_monster

green_monster is playing at Living Legends V
green_monster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
green_monster has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
green_monster has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
green_monster has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Buypbl
Bandlands

Dartmouth Relentless RXL
green_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:29 PM #26
SneakyPainter

I refuse to use any online retailer that uses UPS... United Parcel Scam!
I ordered a $30 part that was large sized and ended up paying in total $110 once shipping and UPS' at the door charges were all said and done.

I feel your pain... Makes me wanna paint up the windshield of the next UPS truck I see!!
SneakyPainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:48 PM #27
Dragon-88

Dragon-88 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dragon-88 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dragon-88 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Dragon-88 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If i ever order from the states and ship direct to Canada I only order from companies that ship via USPS.. UPS has been know to always over charge brokerage fees..

Just a few days ago, I ordered 2 of the same products from 2 different companies in the states (since they only had 1 instock each). One shipped via USPS and the other via UPS.. UPS charged me $60 in brokerage fees and USPS charged me $16. All for the exact same item.. Sometimes USPS doesnt even charge brokerage fees for items under $100 but UPS will.
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:11 AM #28
TheEggmanIV

I'm surprised everybody is saying to use usps. I was burned the exact same way using them, not with paintball gear, but I think I bought 40ish dollars worth of something and USPS charged me a $40 brokerage fee as well. I wasn't actually aware that ups did that too, so I'm glad I read this thread. Has anybody else been burned with USPS in the same way?

Anyways, my last order was on paintballgear.ca and I think I'm just going to keep ordering from Canadian companies from now on (haven't received it yet, mind you, but crossing my fingers for tomorrow). Prices are pretty much the same anyways.
TheEggmanIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:39 AM #29
S_Carter
Nuclear Cowboy.

S_Carter plays in the PSP
S_Carter plays in the APPA D4 division
I've never had an issue with USPS, but UPS raped my wallet yesterday.

I sent my marker in for repair, which costed $45 included return shipping. It gets to my house with over $100 in brokerage fees. Thanks alot. I've written up a blog post to help warn people not to use UPS to ship internationally.

There's also a link in there with instructions on how to avoid paying brokerage fees, but it's a pretty annoying process that could be totally avoided by chipping with USPS.
S_Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:52 PM #30
TheEggmanIV

Ya, scratch what I said previously. Was just doing my taxes and found my business receipt for what I ordered. Turns out it was actually UPS and they charged me a $47 import fee. USPS is officially the way to go now.
TheEggmanIV is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups