PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-15-2012, 06:11 PM #22
dirtyTHREE3Oion
oops

dirtyTHREE3Oion posts videos on PbNation
dirtyTHREE3Oion plays in the APPA D5 division
i have empire elbow/forearm pads and they have the sticky grip at the top with a velcro strap as well... absolutely the most comfortable pads i've owned although the run sizes i say run small so i would buy the next size up.... but when in doubt like the others said go to a local shop try some one feel it out then make your decision

back players gang
dirtyTHREE3Oion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2012, 06:37 PM #23
bumblB

bumblB plays in the PSP
bumblB plays in the APPA D3 division
I've had both DYE and Eclipse elbow pads, both are great and I would recommend them to anyone, but here are some pro/cons to each one in my opinion.

DYE products tend to cost a bit more, but it's still a great product. The season I use DYE arm guards, they are very rugged and can take quite the beating. Ventilation seemed on par with any other elbow pads I've tried. You can play in just a T-shirt and these elbow pads and not worry about ripping them up. Very rugged material. The only thing I dislike about the DYE arm guards is that the part that goes over your elbow has a bunch of plastic/rubber 'bumps,' I guess perhaps for grip? Or maybe so your jersey doesn't slide around so much, or something. But to me, this doesn't help to much as for a bounce factor. That's the only bit I dislike, everything else about them is awesome!

Eclipse arm guards, these are also great pads. Plenty of padding along the forearms and elbow. These have less hard surface material than the DYE arm guards, but there is that rubber logo near the wrist, not going to get many bounces there. The thing I dislike about these arm guards is that the material it is made out of does not seem as durable as the stuff DYE uses. These pads I've always "babied" when I play. I always wore a jersey or longsleeve when I wore these pads. The material feels similar to an under armor shirt, something like that. Ventilation again is on par with other pads. So other than the material being less durable than DYE's, you just have to wear a longsleeve or jersey to help protect and make them last longer. Still great pads.
bumblB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:27 PM #24
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
a good size is where you will slide and they wont come off, but at the end off the day your arm is lacking circulation because its too tight. if it isnt coming off, im guessing its too tight
Old 02-17-2012, 05:29 AM #25
Brrd
MY GOD MAN!

Brrd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Brrd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
elbow pads.. psh
Brrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:31 AM #26
George6772

George6772 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
George6772 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i always get biggest size im able to with elbow and knee pads if your not a twig larger sizes wont be a problem
George6772 is offline   Reply With Quote