Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 10:28 AM #1
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: bucks county, pa
***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
7 Man Players Must Read

This morning a rumor spread throughout the paintball industry that GI and KEE will not be supporting the NPPL this year. Although this rumor has not become truth at this point there are some important facts the players must know, and some very important things we must do as players to ensure the life of our league.

For starters PSP has told GI and KEE that they may sell their paint at all of the PSP's events this year, FREE OF CHARGE, if they do not support the NPPL. How is Lane Wright, a man that claims to be all about the growth of paintball, going to try to build a monopoly on paint sales at national events? I dont think people see the severity of this problem. If the NPPL does go away will Kee and GI still be allowed to sell paint for free at events and pass the savings on to players? The answer is no. PSP will have a monopoly on the national level of paintball and will be free to charge as much as they feel necessary. Bad for the players.

Second I would like to point out that many people were, and still are misinformed of the merger allegations. NPPL was all for a paintball merger for the 2012 season. Lane Wright's only intention was to buy out the NPPL and have a monopoly on the entire industry. Once again, does this seem like a man who supports the growth of paintball? The NPPL had no intention of selling their league at a price that was practically giving it away, so they refused. Rumors from websites like propaintball would have you believe that it was all thanks to the NPPL that we do not have a unified league.

Im asking players and field owners to take action on this problem. Please call, e-mail, message, etc. GI and KEE and express your feelings towards this whole complication. Promises were made and contracts were already signed. As a whole the NPPL community can make a difference.

GI Sportz: 630-652-0238, usa@gisportz.com
KEE: 856-464-1068
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2012, 10:40 AM #2
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: bucks county, pa
***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by njpballer3 View Post
well this explains some of the BS with Valken....
Yes. It's a shame Matt. Some players just want to play paintball in the league they prefer, but this is what our sport has lowered itself to.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:48 AM #3
haynboy8223
Fear is only an illusion!
 
haynboy8223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: On Your Side 40!
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
haynboy8223 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
haynboy8223 is a top reviewer
I dont understand why the PSP would do such a thing. I will not support their events this year just because the have wrong morals. Our sport needs to grow and they are setting us back a few years.
__________________
FEEDBACK145 OLD+84 NEW= 229
CENTERMASS HAWAII FACEBOOK
NPPL D4 2011 5man Series Champions
●●NPPL D4 2011 Huntington Beach 2nd place●● NPPL D4 2011 Chicago Open 1st place●● NPPL D4 2011 Las Vegas 1st place●●
haynboy8223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 AM #4
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com
 
GetBunkerD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In your pocket :)
Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
I don't buy this... seems a bit far fetched to me...
__________________

Gabe - Director of Marketing & Promotions @ Lurker Paintball
www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
GetBunkerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:11 AM #5
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER
 
f8al's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: F.O.D
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
This would hurt GI and Kee. Anyone that works for a field or store would understand this. Not supporting a tournament series is effectively cutting out a little under 1/3 of their business. Even with the fee they have to pay each league to sell their paint, they still make a good amount of money at each event and for the series as a whole.

Furthermore, does that mean that teams like Legend, XSV etc. are stuck buying Valken paint when their proprietary sponsors voluntarily won't sell their paint at the NPPL events? I think some of you buy into the myths a little too much without putting any REAL thought into it.

However, if a rep from each company can confirm this I will be more than happy to eat my words.
__________________
MN Pro Paintball - Minnesota's Premiere Paintball Retailer and Park
We stock MacDev, DLX, GI, Eclipse, Virtue, Ninja, Raza, Dye, Empire, Tippmann and more!
FREE LIFETIME WARRANTY ON ALL NEW GUNS? YA, WE DO THAT!
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
f8al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:12 AM #6
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer
 
monkeyballer099639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Redlands
Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Guess its Valken paint ftw ten at HB. Shame that this is the view taken. I know companies have to make money to keep going, but you also have to keep your customer base happy. There is balance and companies that can't find it fail.
__________________
IE Resistance
FUGO Pump


Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 AM #7
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer
 
monkeyballer099639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Redlands
Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
This would hurt GI and Kee. Anyone that works for a field or store would understand this. Not supporting a tournament series is effectively cutting out a little under 1/3 of their business. Even with the fee they have to pay each league to sell their paint, they still make a good amount of money at each event and for the series as a whole.

Furthermore, does that mean that teams like Legend, XSV etc. are stuck buying Valken paint when their proprietary sponsors voluntarily won't sell their paint at the NPPL events? I think some of you buy into the myths a little too much without putting any REAL thought into it.

However, if a rep from each company can confirm this I will be more than happy to eat my words.
I was wondering this myself when thread was made about Valken being the only paint supplier so far for NPPL.
__________________
IE Resistance
FUGO Pump


Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 AM #8
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: bucks county, pa
***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post

However, if a rep from each company can confirm this I will be more than happy to eat my words.
I would love to see this too, but what company is going to openly admit to backdoor deals going on?
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:37 AM #9
Splat7
 
 
Splat7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Splat7 plays in the PSP
Splat7 supports Team VICIOUS
Splat7 plays in the APPA D3 division
I am not ready to believe all of this, but I would definitely not be surprised if this all is true. The PSP is the stronger of the two leagues and overall more paint is sold at PSP events than at NPPL events. Also (from what I know at least) their are more KEE and GI representatives a part of PSP than the NPPL. So I can see KEE and GI taking PSP's side even if they do not make as much money supporting NPPL. Overall though, I am very disappointed with the way this is all being dealt with. It is very immature and is dividing us even more when we should be trying to pull together.

*** and yes another BIG question is how the pro teams will be getting paint from KEE or GI
__________________

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

2011 CFPS Series Champions D4X
2012 CFPS Series Champions D4X
Splat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:46 AM #10
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
This morning a rumor spread throughout the paintball industry that GI and KEE will not be supporting the NPPL this year...

...Im asking players and field owners to take action on this problem. Please call, e-mail, message, etc. GI and KEE and express your feelings towards this whole complication. Promises were made and contracts were already signed. As a whole the NPPL community can make a difference.

GI Sportz: 630-652-0238, usa@gisportz.com
KEE: 856-464-1068
So this is a rumor but you still want people to call manufacturer's to complain about something that might not be true?
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:56 AM #11
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: bucks county, pa
***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
So this is a rumor but you still want people to call manufacturer's to complain about something that might not be true?
The RUMOR is about the backdoor dealings with KEE, GI, and PSP. The FACT is that after contracts were signed and deals were made with 7 man teams already, both of these paint manufacturers have not officially committed to the NPPL. So YES i do feel it necessary for players to call and voice their opinion.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:14 PM #12
Rob @ Ninja PB
 
 
Rob @ Ninja PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
The RUMOR is about the backdoor dealings with KEE, GI, and PSP. The FACT is that after contracts were signed and deals were made with 7 man teams already, both of these paint manufacturers have not officially committed to the NPPL. So YES i do feel it necessary for players to call and voice their opinion.
I can understand the need to contact the manufacturers if you are worried about not getting paint at HB, especially if a contract has already been signed. But to call and complain to them about a possible rumor would be a little odd, unless its been confirmed. Just my .02
__________________
http://www.ninjapaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
NINJA IS PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - NOT CHINA
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:53 PM #13
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: bucks county, pa
***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
i would need to see some kind of actual proof relating to the allegations expressed in the OP.... however if it is true im pretty sure we will still see a post saying "It's not true" before we see a post saying "Yup, he's right."
Unfortunately what proof can you get when it comes to backdoor deals and scandals? Do you think GI or KEE is going to hand over a copy of the payments they made to PSP to the general public? Or do you think Lane is going to openly admit to these deals?
Just ask yourselves one question. Huntington Beach and Vegas brought in over 130 teams each last year. Why wouldnt they at least promote those two events? The reason is because PSP wont let them support the NPPL if they want to sell paint at PSP. That is a monopoly plain and simple.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:16 PM #14
Cop3rZ
 
 
Cop3rZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada Montréal
Cop3rZ plays in the PSP
Cop3rZ supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cop3rZ donated to help Peyton Trent
Cop3rZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
For starters PSP has told GI and KEE that they may sell their paint at all of the PSP's events this year, FREE OF CHARGE, if they do not support the NPPL. How is Lane Wright, a man that claims to be all about the growth of paintball, going to try to build a monopoly on paint sales at national events?
that is hilarious haha !
__________________
#8 Killing For Daytona Drummondville, Montreal FX and Montreal Lust
Feedback : old PbNation all my feedback
Cop3rZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:32 PM #15
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
Unfortunately what proof can you get when it comes to backdoor deals and scandals? Do you think GI or KEE is going to hand over a copy of the payments they made to PSP to the general public? Or do you think Lane is going to openly admit to these deals?
Just ask yourselves one question. Huntington Beach and Vegas brought in over 130 teams each last year. Why wouldnt they at least promote those two events? The reason is because PSP wont let them support the NPPL if they want to sell paint at PSP. That is a monopoly plain and simple.
right. i just said that in my post u quoted....
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:01 PM #16
Stowey22
 
 
Stowey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Stowey22 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Stowey22 supports our troops
There is not truth at all to the statement that KEE is getting free
sponsorship from the PSP for not participating in the NPPL. This
statement is both 100% false, and have never been discussed by any
parties at any time.
__________________
Bryan Stowe
Creative Director
KEE Action Sports
Stowey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:06 PM #17
mini333
 
 
mini333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
mini333 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mini333 supports Team VICIOUS
mini333 is for the Gunfight
this sport makes me wanna hurt myself
__________________
Baltimore Deffect
AGGRSSN For Life

CLUTCH
mini333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:13 PM #18
haynboy8223
Fear is only an illusion!
 
haynboy8223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: On Your Side 40!
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
haynboy8223 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
haynboy8223 is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stowey22 View Post
There is not truth at all to the statement that KEE is getting free
sponsorship from the PSP for not participating in the NPPL. This
statement is both 100% false, and have never been discussed by any
parties at any time.
Thank you for clearing this up!

The thread starter is like the boy who cried wolf. Im never believing him again
__________________
FEEDBACK145 OLD+84 NEW= 229
CENTERMASS HAWAII FACEBOOK
NPPL D4 2011 5man Series Champions
●●NPPL D4 2011 Huntington Beach 2nd place●● NPPL D4 2011 Chicago Open 1st place●● NPPL D4 2011 Las Vegas 1st place●●
haynboy8223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:15 PM #19
ThizZ
SD Pirates
 
ThizZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .Utah.
ThizZ supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stowey22 View Post
There is not truth at all to the statement that KEE is getting free
sponsorship from the PSP for not participating in the NPPL. This
statement is both 100% false, and have never been discussed by any
parties at any time.
thank you!
__________________
ThizZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:59 PM #20
Lane Wright
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lane Wright plays in the PSP
Let me start by saying that I feel it is tacky for me to post in an NPPL forum. But sometimes I have to make exceptions.
I've never met Dustin Hobbs. To the best of my knowledge he's never played a PSP event. I am 100% certain that he was never in attendance at a merger meeting, 99% certain that he has never spoken to any PSP rep about the merger meetings, the topics of discussion, and/or the rationale behind any position that we took. I'm also 99% certain that he has not spoken to anyone who would have any first hand knowledge of any discussion pertaining to sponsorship pricing between PSP, KEE, GI Sports, or Procaps.

I, on the other hand, have been at all PSP events, was present in every merger discussion, was a part of every decision PSP made, understand and agree with the reasoning, and I have also been the PSP rep in any and all discussion about paint sponsorship with KEE, GI, and DXS.

Of all the things people may say about me, I don't think there are very many people who know me - including those who may not like me - who would say I am dishonest or lacking integrity.

I say without hesitation that there have been absolutely ZERO discussion about any paint sponsor being on board with PSP at no charge, regardless of decisions they make with any other league. That is an absolute lie.

I say without hesitation that there was an offer from PSP to buy the NPPL assets, do away with the corporate structure, AND (this is the part that Mr Hobbs seems to have either intentionally left out or not been informed of), include current NPPL owners in the new PSP structure with an equity stake in the new PSP. No one was trying to get rid of them. The plan included them having ownership in PSP just as the existing owner do.

Lastly - having 3 brands of paint available is not in any way a monopoly. Grow up. And to even insinuate I am trying to personally have anything resembling a monopoly in the industry is, while flattering, giving me far more credit than I am due.

You are publicly spreading complete falsehoods about me in a public forum which absolutely impacts my ability to function in my chosen field. If you had a pot to piss in there may be repercussions for this Dustin. But, you don't. That allows you to just post your outlandish nonsense without regard. So this will simply be a case of another misinformed kid with more time on his hands than sense in his head spreading malicious inaccuracies about a person who has spent their entire adult life trying to do a good job for this sport. And all the while you blame others for being the "problem".

You should grow up. You should try to be productive. You should stop blaming others for your shortcomings. And you should question what is being told to you by the people you appear to believe. The information you are receiving is absolutely untrue. Or maybe you are misunderstanding it. Or maybe you are simply someone who would mislead and lie to get you self indulgent opinion out to people you don't know in an effort to make yourself feel relevant. Whatever the case may be, you have some issues and they have nothing to do with me. Stop blaming me.

You find me any person(s) who were an actual a party involved in the things you talk about that says I am telling anything other than the truth and I will show you a liar. I'm posting this under my name. I'm not using a "minion" to go tell my story to cushion myself with protection. That should tell everyone something right there.

I don't have a big house, fancy cars, or a lot of money. But I do have my pride, self respect, and the respect of a lot of people in the paintball community. You habitually step on all of those. I'm asking you to stop. And I suggest you stop bringing me into your schizophrenic rants in a personal manner, as well. I'm not your problem. Life is.

You are misinformed, agenda based, and irresponsible. You are a prime example of a problem kid causing problems in our sport. And you fail to see where your agenda based misrepresentation of fact is a cancer. You pose a far greater risk to this sports future than I have ever been or ever will.

If you love this game, you'll learn to change or go away.

I won't continue replying to this nonsense. There is nothing more for me to say on this subject.

Lane Wright
Lane Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 PM #21
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com
 
GetBunkerD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In your pocket :)
Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
I like.

page snipe.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Wright View Post
Let me start by saying that I feel it is tacky for me to post in an NPPL forum. But sometimes I have to make exceptions.
I've never met Dustin Hobbs. To the best of my knowledge he's never played a PSP event. I am 100% certain that he was never in attendance at a merger meeting, 99% certain that he has never spoken to any PSP rep about the merger meetings, the topics of discussion, and/or the rationale behind any position that we took. I'm also 99% certain that he has not spoken to anyone who would have any first hand knowledge of any discussion pertaining to sponsorship pricing between PSP, KEE, GI Sports, or Procaps.

I, on the other hand, have been at all PSP events, was present in every merger discussion, was a part of every decision PSP made, understand and agree with the reasoning, and I have also been the PSP rep in any and all discussion about paint sponsorship with KEE, GI, and DXS.

Of all the things people may say about me, I don't think there are very many people who know me - including those who may not like me - who would say I am dishonest or lacking integrity.

I say without hesitation that there have been absolutely ZERO discussion about any paint sponsor being on board with PSP at no charge, regardless of decisions they make with any other league. That is an absolute lie.

I say without hesitation that there was an offer from PSP to buy the NPPL assets, do away with the corporate structure, AND (this is the part that Mr Hobbs seems to have either intentionally left out or not been informed of), include current NPPL owners in the new PSP structure with an equity stake in the new PSP. No one was trying to get rid of them. The plan included them having ownership in PSP just as the existing owner do.

Lastly - having 3 brands of paint available is not in any way a monopoly. Grow up. And to even insinuate I am trying to personally have anything resembling a monopoly in the industry is, while flattering, giving me far more credit than I am due.

You are publicly spreading complete falsehoods about me in a public forum which absolutely impacts my ability to function in my chosen field. If you had a pot to piss in there may be repercussions for this Dustin. But, you don't. That allows you to just post your outlandish nonsense without regard. So this will simply be a case of another misinformed kid with more time on his hands than sense in his head spreading malicious inaccuracies about a person who has spent their entire adult life trying to do a good job for this sport. And all the while you blame others for being the "problem".

You should grow up. You should try to be productive. You should stop blaming others for your shortcomings. And you should question what is being told to you by the people you appear to believe. The information you are receiving is absolutely untrue. Or maybe you are misunderstanding it. Or maybe you are simply someone who would mislead and lie to get you self indulgent opinion out to people you don't know in an effort to make yourself feel relevant. Whatever the case may be, you have some issues and they have nothing to do with me. Stop blaming me.

You find me any person(s) who were an actual a party involved in the things you talk about that says I am telling anything other than the truth and I will show you a liar. I'm posting this under my name. I'm not using a "minion" to go tell my story to cushion myself with protection. That should tell everyone something right there.

I don't have a big house, fancy cars, or a lot of money. But I do have my pride, self respect, and the respect of a lot of people in the paintball community. You habitually step on all of those. I'm asking you to stop. And I suggest you stop bringing me into your schizophrenic rants in a personal manner, as well. I'm not your problem. Life is.

You are misinformed, agenda based, and irresponsible. You are a prime example of a problem kid causing problems in our sport. And you fail to see where your agenda based misrepresentation of fact is a cancer. You pose a far greater risk to this sports future than I have ever been or ever will.

If you love this game, you'll learn to change or go away.

I won't continue replying to this nonsense. There is nothing more for me to say on this subject.

Lane Wright
__________________

Gabe - Director of Marketing & Promotions @ Lurker Paintball
www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com

Last edited by GetBunkerD : 02-16-2012 at 08:14 PM.
GetBunkerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump