Im Behind You... Pop

xXxM4A1xXx is BST Trusted
xXxM4A1xXx is playing at Living Legends V
xXxM4A1xXx posts videos on PbNation
xXxM4A1xXx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xXxM4A1xXx has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xXxM4A1xXx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
What could i expect if i were to go

Since CPX is my personal home field and with being interested in going to to play instead of another event i have planned currently on the same weekend, what might i except to be going on, like i know there a bunch of players and mission but what goes on after and during the event that makes living legends so great and special and i am asking this because i need a wide view of player who come to this event not the locals really

and i know what to do and not do during summer days just looking for experinces if it is worth dropping $300 bucks on

anyone care to chime on there experinces from the past Living Legends the more the better because the sooner i have to make up my mind the better

Sponsored By:
Paintball Explosion --- Killjoy Industries --- Flurry Industries

The SaintS Proudly Shoot Markers Manufactured By:
Tippmann --- Tiberius Arms

Last edited by xXxM4A1xXx : 02-15-2012 at 12:43 AM.
xXxM4A1xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2012, 07:47 AM #2
p8ntballin007
Professional Forum Lurker

has been a member for 10 years
p8ntballin007 is playing at Living Legends VII
Personally I think this event would be worth dropping $500 on, thats why I am dropping $500 on it. For some people that is just the tip of the iceberg. As a fellow local to that feild, I can tell you that this is unlike anything else that they do at CPX. The numbers alone make this game worth the price, let alone the opening ceremony, give aways, closing ceremony, more give aways, and the battles themselves are the most intense fire fights you will get into. Other than that expect there to be people camping out on site, as well as having a TON of fun. Its basically one big party.

Oh yeah, theres also another little event happening on the side. It's no big deal, just NPPL Chicago. With that comes vendors, high profile players, more vendors, and hopefully another Miss NPPL competition. Although it isn't technically part of LL, it does have a huge affect on it. I blame that competition for leaving the Duke's side with only 30 people to fend off the 90 people from Warhammer's side during last years night games. Yeah, we got crushed.

All in all, there isn't really another event like this anywhere. So if you are going to play a big game or drop $300 on an event, this is the one to do it at.
p8ntballin007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:50 AM #3
Sean Scott
Just a player...

Sean Scott is playing at Living Legends V
Sean Scott is playing at Living Legends VI
Sean Scott is playing at Living Legends VII
Not to mention the Final Battle is just Epic. Two teams on two fields. Bedlam and Armageddon... the insanity of 500+ vs 500+ to control the hill in the middle. I believe it truly is the greatest 1 hour in paintball.

Also, who would you like to meet? Who are your paintball idols? Good chance they may be on your team! Breezy from Reservoir Dog's idol is Nicky Cuba. When Breezy was playing at LL 3, he ran out of paint. Some guy next to him gave him a pod.. turned out to be Nicky Cuba. There will be tons of high profile paintball people playing too, hence the name.. Living Legends.

Started paintball in 1995. Proud to have worked at the following.
| Living Legends | CPX Sports | Procaps | Smart Parts | KAPP | Drop Zone Paintball |
Sean Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:15 AM #4
xXxM4A1xXx
Im Behind You... Pop

mkk anyone like to add some more to this, because still leaning towards being in D.C. for the weekend

Sponsored By:

Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 AM #5
Saints //MEAT\\

Saints //MEAT\\ is playing at Living Legends III
Saints //MEAT\\ is playing at Living Legends V
Have you been to DC before? Have you been to Legends before?

Saints //MEAT\\ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:32 AM #6
xXxM4A1xXx
Im Behind You... Pop

been to d.c. plenty of times its really the fact im going on a AFB (Airforce Base) to see an airshow up close and personal and to see different branches of the miltary, and i have only done that once , and yeah LL is cool from what i get from everyone but i dont see the it factor for saying home, since tghe only companies ill care to see and buy stuff from are tippmann,flurry and killjoy, maybe valken, but city wars they been doing more often at cpx and so that takes away one factor that would bring me, so yeah this is why i need more experinces

Sponsored By:

Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 AM #7
ViperScenarios
Coast-to-coast Scenarios

ViperScenarios is playing at Living Legends III
ViperScenarios is playing at Living Legends V
ViperScenarios owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ViperScenarios supports Bob Gurnsey
People spend hundreds to travel from across the country and around the world to attend this event every year. Most all of them come back. It must be for good reason. 1000 players every year can't all be coming back because the event is "meh", "average", or "no biggie."

I saw your sig. Wanna meet the folks from Tippmann? They'll be there. Wanna meet the folks from Tiberius? They'll be there. So will a long list of other companies. This is your chance to meet them and make in-roads for your team.

Wanna watch a pro NPPL tourney? You can. Wanna meet players from all over the world? You will. Looking for bargains on new gear? Everyone there will have them. This is your chance to visit the largest pro shop you've ever seen while they are running a big sale.

During the game will will be drawing player numbers and giving away thousands of dollars in free prizes including markers, tanks, hoppers, masks, and any other type of paintball gear you can think of by just about every company out there. This is your chance to maybe win back some of the money you spend on paintball.

From my end I can say that CPX Sports goes all out to make sure they put their best foot forward. We bring in a large number of professional scenario referees to make sure the players are taken care of, and I run a fun and well-organized scenario game. Viper Paintball is the nation's only coast-to-coast professional scenario production company. We have 16 years of experience and I like to think we have survived that long by producing quality events the players enjoy. This is your chance to play a Viper event without having to travel far from home.

If there are people that travel from every state, as well as Canada, Mexico, South America, and Europe and Asia, just to attend this event, and you don't attend even though you live right down the road, they would probably think you were crazy for not at least coming once and finding out for yourself. There must be plenty of reasons that Living Legends is on most paintballers "must attend" list. Come out and find out why.
ViperScenarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:49 AM #8
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is playing at Living Legends VII
Pump Scout supports Team VICIOUS
Pump Scout is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Skip DC. Skip the airshow. Come to Living Legends. Hit up Airventure in Oshkosh in July. Problem solved!

That's coming from a guy who lives for all things aviation, plots a family vacation around a trip to Wright-Patterson to take in the USAF Museum, and loves the history that sprawls across DC and the surrounding area.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:03 AM #9
DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...

DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends V
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VI
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
DeadeyeDante supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Scott View Post
Not to mention the Final Battle is just Epic. Two teams on two fields. Bedlam and Armageddon... the insanity of 500+ vs 500+ to control the hill in the middle. I believe it truly is the greatest 1 hour in paintball.

Also, who would you like to meet? Who are your paintball idols? Good chance they may be on your team! Breezy from Reservoir Dog's idol is Nicky Cuba. When Breezy was playing at LL 3, he ran out of paint. Some guy next to him gave him a pod.. turned out to be Nicky Cuba. There will be tons of high profile paintball people playing too, hence the name.. Living Legends.
That Nicky Cuba story is awesome! Breezy is a lucky guy lol.
E-Flex Army
DeadeyeDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 AM #10
xXxM4A1xXx
Im Behind You... Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperScenarios View Post
People spend hundreds to travel from across the country and around the world to attend this event every year. Most all of them come back. It must be for good reason. 1000 players every year can't all be coming back because the event is "meh", "average", or "no biggie."

I saw your sig. Wanna meet the folks from Tippmann? They'll be there. Wanna meet the folks from Tiberius? They'll be there. So will a long list of other companies. This is your chance to meet them and make in-roads for your team.

Wanna watch a pro NPPL tourney? You can. Wanna meet players from all over the world? You will. Looking for bargains on new gear? Everyone there will have them. This is your chance to visit the largest pro shop you've ever seen while they are running a big sale.

During the game will will be drawing player numbers and giving away thousands of dollars in free prizes including markers, tanks, hoppers, masks, and any other type of paintball gear you can think of by just about every company out there. This is your chance to maybe win back some of the money you spend on paintball.

From my end I can say that CPX Sports goes all out to make sure they put their best foot forward. We bring in a large number of professional scenario referees to make sure the players are taken care of, and I run a fun and well-organized scenario game. Viper Paintball is the nation's only coast-to-coast professional scenario production company. We have 16 years of experience and I like to think we have survived that long by producing quality events the players enjoy. This is your chance to play a Viper event without having to travel far from home.

If there are people that travel from every state, as well as Canada, Mexico, South America, and Europe and Asia, just to attend this event, and you don't attend even though you live right down the road, they would probably think you were crazy for not at least coming once and finding out for yourself. There must be plenty of reasons that Living Legends is on most paintballers "must attend" list. Come out and find out why.
well see this is where another whole reason comes down to this might be the last year i go to D.C. , so it is kinda a hard choice for me , and viper i really want to attend to 1 of your games, i think the one on our list is red strike at blast camp, which is more in my price range, and i get deals on everything but truthfully i never paid full price for any of my gear, so it would be more like window shopping for me, or buying a t shirt, but i do really appericate the advice , just being up the factors i been considering once i saw that these 2 days conflicted

Sponsored By:

Old 02-15-2012, 06:59 PM #11
xXxM4A1xXx
Im Behind You... Pop

is there anyone else who care to chime in there personal stories of pass LL

Sponsored By:

Old 02-15-2012, 08:48 PM #12
Saints //MEAT\\

Saints //MEAT\\ is playing at Living Legends III
Saints //MEAT\\ is playing at Living Legends V
they were awesome, you should go.

Saints //MEAT\\ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:46 AM #13
OleManKraus
Give a little whistle.

OleManKraus is playing at Living Legends III
OleManKraus is playing at Living Legends V
OleManKraus is playing at Living Legends VI
OleManKraus is playing at Living Legends VII
Either you are excited for this event by reading the many other threads here or you don't. It seems like even the coolest story that we share won't amount to much in your eyes. if 500 vs 500 for an hour battle, or running with people like Nicky Cuba, ect doesn't get you amped for this, nothing will. But it looks like your team is going to be there so in my mind...hang with my team or go to an airshow???? that's your call dude.
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:
Mypbfriend.com
http://www.facebook.com/BOBWHITEPAINTBALL
OleManKraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:24 AM #14
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is playing at Living Legends VII
Pump Scout supports Team VICIOUS
Pump Scout is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
I've run into so many great people at Living Legends, it'd be hard to tell all the stories, and I missed going last year! I've had a sit-down conversation with Bill Gardner and Darryl Trent. I've done a run-and-gun fight with a couple of Avalanche guys against a couple of Dynasty's guys. I've done "human/paint wave" attacks with Blue and his Crew. I one-balled Rocky Cagnoni from across the city during the final battle as he charged the hill. I've chatted about the game's history with Jerry Braun, and held one of the guns used in the very first paintball game. I've talked to Tom Kaye and offered him the use of my Cocker if he needed a gun for the day (hehehe). I saw a kid who couldn't have been more than 10 years old, 3-foot-nothing tall, holding his own with a stock class Phantom. And those are just the things that come immediately to mind!

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:39 AM #15
OleManKraus
Give a little whistle.

OleManKraus is playing at Living Legends III
OleManKraus is playing at Living Legends V
OleManKraus is playing at Living Legends VI
OleManKraus is playing at Living Legends VII
And as mentioned here, many people come from around the country and world for this event for a reason, because it is THE event to attend! And it's in your own back yard. I've been to LL2, LL3 missed last years but made sure that I wouldn't miss this event. If scenario games are your thing, you'd be crazy to not to attend.
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:
Mypbfriend.com
http://www.facebook.com/BOBWHITEPAINTBALL
OleManKraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:40 AM #16
calvman
Clickety screeeee

Annual Supporting Member
calvman is a Mega Moderator
calvman is a Supporting Member
calvman is BST Legit
calvman is playing at Living Legends VII
The way I'd look at this is DC is always going to be there. Living Legends only comes once a year.

"Always buy the biggest bottle."

ASM|macroline guy|BPP|DAB Photo|Inception|Powered by EXALT
calvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:04 PM #17
RAWDawgsTrainWreck
Co-Captain

Annual Supporting Member
RAWDawgsTrainWreck is playing at Living Legends VI
RAWDawgsTrainWreck is playing at Living Legends VII
RAWDawgsTrainWreck owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RAWDawgsTrainWreck supports Team VICIOUS
Talking Let's do this tomorrow...

Never been to Living Legends but totally ready to get there. Can't wait to run the field with The Reservoir Dogs, B.O.B. White, Muddy Water Boys, Valken Corps, (PB)-Mike. GO New Empire.
http://www.rawdawgspaintball.com
https://www.facebook.com/RAWDawgsPaintball
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ight=raw+dawgs

Last edited by RAWDawgsTrainWreck : 02-22-2012 at 12:08 PM.
RAWDawgsTrainWreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:38 AM #18
sal briguglio

sal briguglio is a Supporting Member
sal briguglio is playing at Living Legends III
sal briguglio is playing at Living Legends V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
I've run into so many great people at Living Legends, it'd be hard to tell all the stories, and I missed going last year! I've had a sit-down conversation with Bill Gardner and Darryl Trent. I've done a run-and-gun fight with a couple of Avalanche guys against a couple of Dynasty's guys. I've done "human/paint wave" attacks with Blue and his Crew. I one-balled Rocky Cagnoni from across the city during the final battle as he charged the hill. I've chatted about the game's history with Jerry Braun, and held one of the guns used in the very first paintball game. I've talked to Tom Kaye and offered him the use of my Cocker if he needed a gun for the day (hehehe). I saw a kid who couldn't have been more than 10 years old, 3-foot-nothing tall, holding his own with a stock class Phantom. And those are just the things that come immediately to mind!
THIS. Just the opportunity to be able to spend five minutes talking with the likes of Tom Kaye, Jim Lively and Jerry Braun about paintball and its history is well worth the price of admission.

If that doesn't work for you, how about shooting someone like Rocky Cagnoni??? Where else could that happen to the average paintballer?

If you miss Living Legends you will have missed the greatest paintball event of the year.
Proud member of the Master Blasters Traveling Road Show
Proud Supporter of DAN COLBY.
sal briguglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:55 PM #19
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends VII
JOESPUD27 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal briguglio View Post

If you miss Living Legends you will have missed the greatest paintball event of the year.
True Story

Jay
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote