PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-10-2012, 06:31 PM #1
mikeshalo
The 98 will always work!

mikeshalo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Why aren't nerf launchers used at D-day?

Title says it all!
mikeshalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:00 PM #2
hardboy

Yea thats a good question? Perhaps becuase they cant charge you for nerf rockets. They can charge you for paintballs.
The Black Korps
hardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:39 AM #3
Haz-Mat
Team BlackList

Here's a quote from their FAQ on the website.

Are Nerf rocked launchers allowed at d-day? What kind of launchers are legal?

Nerf launchers are and Nerf (Vortex) Rockets NOT allowed at Oklahoma D-day. Unfortunately, that privilege was taken away after some careless individuals at another scenario game fired a WOODEN rocket, instead of the nerf rockets. The insurance for Oklahoma D-day prohibited their use. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. As of this writing, the only approved launcher of any kind is Scepter brand launchers and mortars. Any other launchers must be approved by Jeremy BEFORE the game. By before, we mean MONTHS not a few days. IF you wait until arrival at d-day to try and get a launcher approved, it won't happen. The staff is extremely busy, and don't have time. Well if LAW style launchers are disallowed, what do we do for Anti Tank weaponry? Players are allowed to make a P'zooka that is simply a Marker in a PVC pipe, set to specific dimensions and standards. These standards vary from army to army, the full rules can be found at the link below.

http://forums.ddayadventurepark.com/...ions#faq_tank1

Last edited by Haz-Mat : 02-11-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Haz-Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:36 AM #4
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Well, I beg to differ.... That is what D Day said but it is a convenient lie and I have not patronized that game in 8-9 years now.

I take my Nerf launcher to games where I can play with my toys.

If I could use my toys there, I would play there.

First, last I heard, there are only three underwriters for paintball insurance in the entire country. None require any other field to ban the use of Nerf Rockets... D Day insurance company does not seem to have a problem with all their armor playing without tank insurance either.... Funny, huh?

If anyone disagrees, send me the info on the field, their insurance company and the underwriter and after I confirm it, I will publically apologize here. D Day has NEVER responded to my request for that info.

Tis my opinion that since the field is on Indian Nation land, any liability issues are dealt with by the Indian Nation court system and their laws are different than the rest of the world. He may not be able to buy insurance from a US carrier for all I know.

Now, I'll tell you about the REAL REASON they banned "home made" Nerf launchers. For YEARS, D Day would not even up the armor between Allied and Axis. The worst year was 30 Axis and 6 Allied. This was back before NERFs were used and we were shooting styrofoam cups full of paintballs by jerking on a ball valve launcher. The Axis tanks were essentially invunerable. No practical defense by infantry. We tried and tried to no effect.

Many of the tank roads were out of range for the stryrofoam rounds near the main objectives. Our best bet was to ambush them along the roads to and from the main battles.

Then Nerfs were accepted. We could hit a tank from 30 -50 yards reliably. The tanks whined so they put 2 foot square targets on them. Practical ranges was back to 10-15 yards and again out of range to the tank roads at most of the main objectives. Again, The Axis tanks were essentially invunerable. They never evened up the armor until just a few years ago.

Allied got frustrated. We starting using the sprinkler valves and electronic triggers plus the Nerf. We published the plans all over the internet and the Allies showed up with 100 plus RPGs shooting Nerfs at D Day. Don't get mad, get even.

Our tactical plan was to split the RPGs in half. One half does what they have to do to kill the tanks and send them to the tank insertion zone.

The way the field was set up, the tanks from both sides had to go to the same dead zone and had to come out down a road for about a quarter mile. Allied generally turned right, Axis Left. The half I was assigned to was to keep any of those Axis tanks from reaching the end of that road and re-entering the game. They had to run a gaunlet of 50 RPGs in a quarter mile with a LOT of cover on each side. They did their job, we did ours. German armor spent most of the weekend in the dead zone and didn't have ANY FUN. My favorite quote from inside a tank, "Are we dead again....?"

We neutered Axis armor that year. Exceeded our wildest expectations. Again, the Axis tankers whined and the following year ALL NERF Launchers were banned. Of course, they had to come up with something other than the REAL Reason, so blame the insurance company that mysteriously only does business with D Day and no other paintball field in the country. Who did he think he was fooling. We aren't dumb. Now way to treat HIS customers..

I will concede the point that the tankers had a right to complain. They paid a lot of money to build a tank and haul it to a game. They did not get to play with their toys and spent the weekend in the dead zone not having any fun. Still, the Producer of D Day would not even up the armor after a decade of complaints by HIS customers.. His solution of banning Nerf launchers was simularly short sighted as is the marker based anti tank weaponry they require now. Thank God the REST of the paintball world of scenario play has not followed his bad example.

He has taken the sport BACKWARDS and not forwards. He has a cash cow and so why should he change anything?

That my story and I'm sticking to it.......

Last edited by Boom Master : 02-14-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:34 PM #5
Haz-Mat
Team BlackList

I've just posted what they had on their website.

I've heard of simliar stories about the real reason they banned them. Didn't want to go there since it was second hand information. Seems we got the full information first hand now...
Old 02-14-2012, 09:22 PM #6
hardboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
Well, I beg to differ.... That is what D Day said but it is a convenient lie and I have not patronized that game in 8-9 years now.

I take my Nerf launcher to games where I can play with my toys.

If I could use my toys there, I would play there.

First, last I heard, there are only three underwriters for paintball insurance in the entire country. None require any other field to ban the use of Nerf Rockets... D Day insurance company does not seem to have a problem with all their armor playing without tank insurance either.... Funny, huh?

If anyone disagrees, send me the info on the field, their insurance company and the underwriter and after I confirm it, I will publically apologize here. D Day has NEVER responded to my request for that info.

Tis my opinion that since the field is on Indian Nation land, any liability issues are dealt with by the Indian Nation court system and their laws are different than the rest of the world. He may not be able to buy insurance from a US carrier for all I know.

Now, I'll tell you about the REAL REASON they banned "home made" Nerf launchers. For YEARS, D Day would not even up the armor between Allied and Axis. The worst year was 30 Axis and 6 Allied. This was back before NERFs were used and we were shooting styrofoam cups full of paintballs by jerking on a ball valve launcher. The Axis tanks were essentially invunerable. No practical defense by infantry. We tried and tried to no effect.

Many of the tank roads were out of range for the stryrofoam rounds near the main objectives. Our best bet was to ambush them along the roads to and from the main battles.

Then Nerfs were accepted. We could hit a tank from 30 -50 yards reliably. The tanks whined so they put 2 foot square targets on them. Practical ranges was back to 10-15 yards and again out of range to the tank roads at most of the main objectives. Again, The Axis tanks were essentially invunerable. They never evened up the armor until just a few years ago.

Allied got frustrated. We starting using the sprinkler valves and electronic triggers plus the Nerf. We published the plans all over the internet and the Allies showed up with 100 plus RPGs shooting Nerfs at D Day. Don't get mad, get even.

Our tactical plan was to split the RPGs in half. One half does what they have to do to kill the tanks and send them to the tank insertion zone.

The way the field was set up, the tanks from both sides had to go to the same dead zone and had to come out down a road for about a quarter mile. Allied generally turned right, Axis Left. The half I was assigned to was to keep any of those Axis tanks from reaching the end of that road and re-entering the game. They had to run a gaunlet of 50 RPGs in a quarter mile with a LOT of cover on each side. They did their job, we did ours. German armor spent most of the weekend in the dead zone and didn't have ANY FUN. My favorite quote from inside a tank, "Are we dead again....?"

We neutered Axis armor that year. Exceeded our wildest expectations. Again, the Axis tankers whined and the following year ALL NERF Launchers were banned. Of course, they had to come up with something other than the REAL Reason, so blame the insurance company that mysteriously only does business with D Day and no other paintball field in the country. Who did he think he was fooling. We aren't dumb. Now way to treat HIS customers..

I will concede the point that the tankers had a right to complain. They paid a lot of money to build a tank and haul it to a game. They did not get to play with their toys and spent the weekend in the dead zone not having any fun. Still, the Producer of D Day would not even up the armor after a decade of complaints by HIS customers.. His solution of banning Nerf launchers was simularly short sighted as is the marker based anti tank weaponry they require now. Thank God the REST of the paintball world of scenario play has not followed his bad example.

He has taken the sport BACKWARDS and not forwards. He has a cash cow and so why should he change anything?

That my story and I'm sticking to it.......
They should try and revise there rules about not using nerf rockets. Its the best feeling to knock out a tank with a nerf at 150 feet or more! I think its a little lame to shoot out a tank with paintballs. LOL.
The Black Korps
hardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:43 AM #7
Boom Master
Scenario Player

You all might want to send him a e mail, call, or post on his website which he never posts on.

Tell them you would like to go to D Day but want to use your Launcher.

Tell him he needs to allow Nerfs like everyone else. It is obviously NOT a safety issue.

Attendance is DOWN from the 4300 player record. Way down. Point out that it is costing him MONEY by not allowing Nerf Launchers....

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:27 AM #8
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

the dday game and entire organization looks awesome. but i wont drag a tank 1500 miles to shoot a paintball gun out of it.

I might go be a mortarman sometime though i'll have to look into what's an approved mortar

1.SS Panzer Korps
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:13 PM #9
dorsai

dorsai posts videos on PbNation
Nerfs vs Pellets

Sorry for getting here so late. From what I've read
it looks like a LOT if not all of you would love using
your Nerf based launchers, be they commercially
built or homemade, at D-Day. I can understand
where you're coming from since I had a hand in a
game years ago which saw the use of the 1st PB
tank. That was down here in a place called Dade
City, FL.

I'm also very familiar with the rules out at D-Day,
seeing as this year will mark my 7th trip out there.
I can also confirm the claim that the reason they
do not allow Nerfs is just a ruse. They ONLY allow
pellets fired from either mock Piats or a Bazooka
largely because D-Day isn't like other events. Even
at ION, which I'm guessing most of you are a lot
more familiar with isn't even close to what goes on
out in Oklahoma and here's why. Out there both
sides have specially trained players who carry one
of those pellet firing launchers. When I say they're
specially trained, that's exactly what they are. On
the Allied side they're mostly members of a group
that calls itself the 899th Blackcat Tank Destroyers,
or 899th TDB for short. This unit prides itself on
being able to hunt and kill German armor, as well
as specially designated bunkers as well as fixed
and mobile heavy weapons. Yes, they could just
as easily do the same thing with a Nerf, but it
wouldn't be the same. You've got to get pretty
close with a pellet to score a 'kill' on a target that
measures as small as 2" X 2". That's how small
the 'kill' targets are on any vehicle that's being
used to simulate an aircraft. They also LIMIT how
many pellets each 'gunner' has, so there's none of
this carrying an unlimited supply whereever you go.
Same rules apply to tanks of course, planes and pill
boxes, they all only get so many anti-armor or
aircraft rounds. Use those up, that's it, just like in
the real world.

BTW, I'm not sure who HARDBOY really is, but that
doesn't matter. I saw what happened to those home
built launchers back in 2002. Most of them broke in
the first few hours and then the Germans had nothing
to stop them. Back then they also had 'Kill Boxes,'
that had to be mounted to each tank. Trouble was
when someone did score a kill, it also killed the motor
and the power steering and brakes, so that idea got
dropped.

When the allies got good at killing German armor the
Germans took to parking them in what the military calls
their hull down positions. In other words they made
their targets so hard to hit that they couldn't be taken
out. Of course most of them also carried what amounts
to unlimited antipersonnel ammo, so it became just about
impossible to take them out. That all changed last year
with the introduction of new rules which said that they
could only park in a few locations. On top of that they
also had to move once each hour to two designated tank
refueling depots. If they didn't, points were taken away
from that sides's score. I should also note, the rules we
play to these days are rules which the PLAYERS, by an
large came up with, not D-Day. In fact even the number
of anti-tank gunners is something both side's staffs also
had a hand in determining.

If anyone of you wants to learn why D-Day is still the
number one PB event in the entire world, stop listening
to experts who only want to cry about why they're not
welcome and come out and check it out for yourselves.
I'd be willing to bet that if you do you, you'll be back.
I'm even willing to cover the $5.00 fee to come and
observe how we run things. If you like what
you see, well then you're on your own for the $80.00 bucks
they charge for the whole week long event. $80.00
bucks covers your entry, air and camping fee for the
entire week.

Got any questions, feel free to give me a call or drop me
a line. You can also check over ALL of the rules that we
used last year by going to the May 2010 issue of what's
called the D-Day Stars and Stripes. You'll find those by
going here> http://www.issuu.com/dorsai

Sincerely,
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com

Last edited by dorsai : 02-15-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: edit composition
dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:37 AM #10
CNCRouterman

So, is there any practical reason that Nerfs cannot be used?

I don't see a conflict with the "specially trained" team. As a rule, Nerfs have better range, yes, and maybe they fly a bit more consistently, when new, so if used at greater ranges, then the aiming is more important, presuming you still use a "kill box" or similar small target.

As for the specially trained team in general. Is the event for their benefit, with everyone else's objectives / enjoyment secondary? Not knocking them, just asking. I have heard my fair share of "why I'll never go there again" stories, which would not in itself dissuade me from checking out the game. However, being 800 plus miles away, I like to pre-qualify my PB scenario options a bit.

Given what I know at this stage, you have a tough sell to get me to re-engineer my primary weapons system design to be compatible with D-Day rules. No disrespect intended, just a bit more work than I am prepared to do at this time. After I have a few solid scenarios, and a few dozen stripes on the barrel, I may review the options.

The games overall concept and such do appeal to me, but not quite enough to jump in blindly. I would reconsider quite quickly if I had ties with a regular participant and get favorable first hand reports from them, as conditions might apply to me and my project.

TWA 2341: "Center, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here?"

Tower: "Sir, have you ever heard the noise a 747 makes when it hits a 727?"
CNCRouterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:40 PM #11
dorsai

899th

They stopped using the 'Kill Box' idea because as I noted when
you killed the engine, you also killed the driver's ability to steer
the vehicle, at least as easily as everyone is used to. It also
cause the power brakes to go away, so stopping became a
big issue. That might not be so much of an issue when you're
driving on a straight road, but it's different when the road is a
rough, rock strewn track boardered by bushes hiding AT gunners.

As for re-engineering your weapons, forget that. The Allied
Army has plenty of spare launchers already built. All it'd take
is a few hours learning how to use one and you'd be ready for
action.

My suggestion for those who'd like to learn more about all this,
is to jump onto the D-Day website where you'll find their forum.
Once you reach the forum look under Allied recruiting, where you
should find a unit called the 899th Blackcat Tank Destroyers, or
just 899th BTD. Post your questions there and I can assure you
you'll be contacted right away. BTW, there's always a need for
AT shooters in other units, especially in groups like the 82nd
and 101st Airborne Divisions. These and other units all have
slots in the TO&E for AT trained personnel and if shooting isn't
your thing, they can also use AT support personnel. There's
slots for the security guy who protects the shooter, as well as
for what I call the distractors. They draw attention away from
the shooters. For each tube, figure between 4-5 others. Again,
D-Day isn't like war, but it's also not like other paintball games
either.

To save you the trouble, here's a link that ought to take you
straight to the thread I noted; The CO for the 899th goes by
the handle 'Posey899' >
http://forums.ddayadventurepark.com/...-The-Blackcats
Old 02-16-2012, 05:08 PM #12
Michael Copeland

I'm the 21st Panzer Commander; a 13 year D-day vet & I can tell you the AT guys on BOTH sides are some of the best out there. You don't get to stand out of marker range & lob nerfs at the tanks of D-day - you have to get UP ClOSE & PERSONAL to take out a tank with the marker-in-a-tube bazookas, piats, Panzerfaust & Panzer Shreks. It takes some guts to go nose to nose, especially with the firepower that some of the tanks have!
www.RAP4.com
Valken Sports
www.valken.com
http://www.dasbuzzardpaintballarmore...e.yolasite.com
Michael Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:48 PM #13
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Copeland View Post
I'm the 21st Panzer Commander; a 13 year D-day vet & I can tell you the AT guys on BOTH sides are some of the best out there. You don't get to stand out of marker range & lob nerfs at the tanks of D-day - you have to get UP ClOSE & PERSONAL to take out a tank with the marker-in-a-tube bazookas, piats, Panzerfaust & Panzer Shreks. It takes some guts to go nose to nose, especially with the firepower that some of the tanks have!
There should be some middle ground somewhere. It obviously sucks for tanks to have to shoot other tanks with a paintball gun for a main cannon.(if you haven't had the thrill of scoring your first 80 yard 1st shot kill with a nerf u have not lived) It also sucks for the tanks to get overwhelmed with ant tank guns (which is what the life of a tanker is like at ION)

In a perfect paintball world (one which i control with an iron fist lol). i'd propose the following basic rules

Tanks chrono at the standard 230 fps for their cannons and can take out an enemy tank with a hit to any part of the tank

RPG A/t players are LIMITED to a FAIR Ratio like 2 pr tank ect. frontal hits to tanks via rpg would not count (as most wouldnt take out a tank that way in ww2 anyways).

Rpg players would have to chrono at a lower rate say 170 or something(about what a jcs shoots or at least what mine does). this would equal the playing field some for the tanks paintball gunners to have a fair shot at shooting the rpg guys

Tanks would be allowed to blow a limited amount of bunkers (at least).
give them a few bunker kill cards pr "sortie" or have the ref keep track or something.

Ohh one last thing ANTI TANK GUNS!- THEY ARE A BLAST and should be used by more fields at WW2 games.they should of course fire like a tank and be killed by an anti tank weapon,man tank cannon or have the crew shot out with paintball guns.(i'm aware Dday has one or more anti tank guns) I built a pak 40 for my unit and a 57 mm for a local field. the tanks and the anti tank guns crews had a blast slugging it out!

again not bashing DDAy or ion for that matter.Just saying how I think game could be better by having better rules

Dorsai- Hardboy is an officer in our unit the 1.SS Panzer Division Liebstandarte. And is a hardcore confirmed paintball tank addict like most of us lol

O

1.SS Panzer Korps

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 02-16-2012 at 06:53 PM.
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:56 PM #14
CNCRouterman

Thank you for the information gentlemen. The reference I made to a "kill box" was meant as a target, not as a method to shut down the motor. It would be a short leap in logic to have the "kill box" activate a light, or sound a horn or something along those lines.

As for tanks going en-defilade, well of course. And that does make them much much harder to take out. Standard tactic. Put kill boxes on the turret sides and back as well. Or, just go with a heavy AT Nerf to the turret, any side, or RPG to back, and maybe sides of turret.

Though, actually, the one aspect of D-Day rules that I very much like is that the AT guys have to get withing PB marker range of the tank. That is the one major failing of RPGs using Nerf rules. Tank machine guns out-range most or all man portable AT assets, well, up through the '50s anyway. Don't know the chronology of AT development well enough to go beyond that.

I tend to agree with SS BlackAngle. Tanks are the best weapon to take out other Tanks. Tanks shooting nerfs can engage other tanks beyond PB Marker range, which is infinitely more authentic than Tanks using PB markers as main guns.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:30 PM #15
Posey899

I suppose it's time for me to chime in here. I've shot killed a tank with a nerf launcher a few times. Compared to marker in tube tank hunting, it's pretty easy. Sniping at tanks outside their effective anti personnel capability it a little nancy pants for my taste. Having to approach a live tank with a similar or better range than you takes real cojones. I'm not sure using 8+ year old information to characterize the tank/anti-tank play at Dday is kosher either. Since I started five years ago, the tank/AT play has been incredible and as, if not more, balanced than any other game I've been to. Instead of trying to rewrite the game format sight unseen, you should give it a try before lobbing bombs from the cheap seats.

Posey
CO 899th Tank Destroyers, OK Dday
Posey899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:04 PM #16
CNCRouterman

I agree with Posey on the engaging tanks with relative impunity under Nerf rules.

I suppose the main effect is that tanks have to get much closer to each other to effectively engage each other.

What would you say are the typical tank on tank engagement distances in the D-Day environment? Max engagement distance?? Do you ever get Tank on Tank considering the effectiveness of the AT teams?

Old 02-16-2012, 10:39 PM #17
BattleSpam

BattleSpam owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I've only seen a few tank on tank engagements, at the end of the day at he final battle for colleville. I love marker-in-a-tube at, because I need to get up close and personal with the tanks. Talk about adrenaline rush, I hardly shoot at infantry anymore, I focus solely on tank hunting. At teams are fairly effective at killing tanks, however tanks are still a fearsome thing to encounter. One tank held up the crossroads at Caen for two hours before I got there and shot it out. Took me another 30 min to get close enough to it to make the shot. And woe to the at gunner who gets spotted first, we get lit up worse than a Christmas tree, tanks see the launcher tube and focus solely on the gunner.

That being said, I've never had the pleasure of using Nerf to take on a tank, but hear me when I say that playing AT at DDay is still fun as hell.
BattleSpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:40 PM #18
Posey899

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCRouterman View Post
I agree with Posey on the engaging tanks with relative impunity under Nerf rules.

I suppose the main effect is that tanks have to get much closer to each other to effectively engage each other.

What would you say are the typical tank on tank engagement distances in the D-Day environment? Max engagement distance?? Do you ever get Tank on Tank considering the effectiveness of the AT teams?
Max engagement distance for tank on tank is only limited by the effective range of the markers involved. There are many tank on tank eliminations throughout the day. Some tanks are better designed for the task than others of course. BTW, last year each side's tank count was in the upper teens(max is 20 per side).
If any of you think you've got what it takes for that long, low crawl through the grass, through the bushes and briars, to patiently creep up within range of a live tank, all the while fighting that ever present need to pee when the target gets close(it's not just me is it?), and hit the target before you get hosed, sign up for the 899th TDB at OKDday. Feel free to ask any questions here or shoot me a PM.

Last edited by Posey899 : 02-16-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Posey899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 PM #19
mikeshalo
The 98 will always work!

mikeshalo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Okay so it's just a tube over a regular marker? Has anyone machined aluminum tubing to put their marker in? I know PVC is the popular choice. Also what's the Axis tank division? I want to become at because the axis are on defense and I hate camping.
mikeshalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:10 AM #20
dorsai

Quote:
Okay so it's just a tube over a regular marker? Has anyone machined aluminum tubing to put their marker in? I know PVC is the popular choice. Also what's the Axis tank division? I want to become at because the axis are on defense and I hate camping
There aren't any rules about using aluminum or whatever to
conceal the pb gun, but just keep in mind you'll be lugging
whatever you build all over the field all day. For that matter
you could add some better sights as well.

Again, I can't speak for the Germans, but I'm sure if you
go over to the D-Day forum you'll find folks there who'd
be only to happy to discuss it with you.

Not sure what your comment about not liking camping is
about? No one camps in this event, unless it's because they
are suffering from the heat and when that happens they're
being tended to by a real medic or they're aboard a chopper
headed for the hospital.

RE:
Quote:
Thank you for the information gentlemen. The reference I made to a "kill box" was meant as a target, not as a method to shut down the motor. It would be a short leap in logic to have the "kill box" activate a light, or sound a horn or something along those lines.
I like the idea of having electronic 'kill boxes' instead of the
type that get pasted to the surfaces of the vehicle. The only
downside with that idea is that those would be something
else either the makers of the tanks, or the field would have
to offer/incorporate. Tough enough now just getting enough
tanks to take part without adding something else they'd have
to add or install once they got there. On the other hand they
would eliminate any of that he says, I say BS when a AT
gunner scores a hit. Sounds like something someone needs
to come up with and then market to fields that allow tanks.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:09 AM #21
CNCRouterman

Quote:
Tough enough now just getting enough
tanks to take part without adding something else they'd have
to add or install once they got there. On the other hand they
would eliminate any of that he says, I say BS when a AT
gunner scores a hit. Sounds like something someone needs
to come up with and then market to fields that allow tanks.
I've thought about it. Wondered how to differentiate between Nerf impact and PB or multiple PB impacts. Might actually be easy, but have not made up a test bed for it yet. Nerfs weigh more, but generally are going a lot slower at impact. PBs at close range will be much higher velocity. Not sure how the energy transfer can be differentiated without using electronics that are outside my skill set or budget.