Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-13-2012, 05:32 AM #1
paint_suey

has been a member for 10 years
paint_suey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paint_suey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
98 powertube to reg/chamber

I plan on installing the lpk kit but was also considering milling off the front grip. I was wondering if anyone has had experience going from the powertube (1/8 NPT) to a reg or chamber and using it as a grip while playing.

I'm not sure if the body or aluminum powertube would provide enough support to prevent leaks. If it sound feasible, can anyone recommend a 1/8 extender or minicocker adapter?

If you were wondering, I have a gas thru grip and palmer's female reg to replace the LPK's adapter. Of course I have seen Tin Man's gun
Old 02-13-2012, 12:51 PM #2
Soledus

Palmers pursuits online store has what you need. It's called a 1/8 male to 1/8 female stand off. I have one myself if you'd like to buy it off me.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:08 PM #3
jweav151

I'd be nervous about attaching a chamber or regulator to the valve of a 98c then using it as a foregrip. You may want to consider Palmers female style regulator. It would pretty much replace your ASA and give you the same performance. Not saying you can't do it the way you described, I just think it will be a very delicate rig that will probably not hold up very well, especially if you use it as a foregrip.
jweav151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:11 PM #4
pbcustom98
Goldmember

pbcustom98 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
pbcustom98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbcustom98 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweav151 View Post
I'd be nervous about attaching a chamber or regulator to the valve of a 98c then using it as a foregrip. You may want to consider Palmers female style regulator. It would pretty much replace your ASA and give you the same performance. Not saying you can't do it the way you described, I just think it will be a very delicate rig that will probably not hold up very well, especially if you use it as a foregrip.
I agree, the fitting is pretty small, and IMO should not be under a lot of pressure.
pbcustom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:18 PM #5
paint_suey

paint_suey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paint_suey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks guys, I'm concerned of that too.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:57 PM #6
jweav151

Hey, I just came across this:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1364809

This is another way you could go to accomplish what you originally planned. What you don't see is the air line running up inside the fore-grip and receiver over to the expansion chamber.
jweav151 is offline   Reply With Quote