Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:29 PM #64
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D2 division
Ion103 is All In
Side note to Air Assault..Can you please paint the out of bounds like white. It was very difficult to see the line when playing especially when its a Red Line on Green turf. There was a player who is colorblind on Milwaukee and he couldnt see the line.

TOO ALL IN THIS THREAD-
The AA Refs were NOT smoking anything. They went in that room to check on the accusations of PLAYERS smoking in there which is exactly what they should have done (notifying me and the manager would have been a good thing to do as well).
UW-Whitewater Paintball Team - KEE/EMPIRE
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2012, 09:37 PM #65
seanhockey13 (Banned)

seanhockey13 plays in the PSP
seanhockey13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
seanhockey13 supports Team VICIOUS
seanhockey13 plays in the APPA D4 division
All I have to say is this was my first NCPA event and wow...I haven't seen that much crying about stuff in a while. I saw a lot of people getting butt hurt about stuff. The refs were good. the smoking wasn't from the people working at AA btw... so go ***** to your mom about the smell of weed and maybe she will whip out her tit and you can suck it.

SMU FTW. just saying
Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 PM #66
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Alright, enough is enough.

No one doing a job was smoking anything.

Apparently I have some players to be disappointed in.

Easy one:

Please pick up after yourselves. The fields are nice enough to have us, the least you can do is put your trash in the trash receptacles. It kinda goes without saying, but if we have people leaving trash in the parking lot we're going to adjust NCPA rules and there will be consequences.

The other issue will be handled as well.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
Old 02-12-2012, 11:21 PM #67
seanhockey13 (Banned)

seanhockey13 plays in the PSP
seanhockey13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
seanhockey13 supports Team VICIOUS
seanhockey13 plays in the APPA D4 division
raehl how can i get a hold of you sir? Do you have a E-Mail?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:33 AM #68
asonnentag
are you hefty material?

i'd also like to commend the teams that gutted it out all day. makin it for an exciting finals bracket!

Milwaukee
NDSU
SMU/Whitewater
Platteville

nationals is gonna be midwest domination!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:40 AM #69
el pengo

has been a member for 10 years
el pengo plays in the PSP
el pengo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
el pengo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by aan310 View Post
This makes my point exactly.
Sir you are supposed to be a business professional. Act like one.
BOLD.

Hang on...........ok, changed into my suit and tie. Typing like a business professional.

OPPORTUNITY COST. We lose money when we host an NCPA. Bottomline. That saturday night ran in the red. It's primetime and we black out the date for a discount event. The opportunity cost of the NCPA event on a saturday night was that we lost out on REAL PROFIT of running groups. We turned away bachelor parties and birthday parties for YOU, the college player.

We don't agree to host these events as professional business men. We agree to do them as we respect the competition scene the NCPA has created and as a service to our loyal customers and employees that play on numerous NCPA teams.

Next time, I will act like a professional business man and like anything in paintball, the player will only realize what they had when it's gone forever.

-Brent Allan Kotchman, bush league business man and professional internet tuff-stuff.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:07 AM #70
fatalitycap
TORK

fatalitycap plays in the PSP
fatalitycap owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fatalitycap plays in the APPA D3 division
^win.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:26 PM #71
M_Legend_Balla_W

M_Legend_Balla_W is a Professional paintball player
M_Legend_Balla_W plays in the USPL
M_Legend_Balla_W plays in the PSP
M_Legend_Balla_W is an NCPA player
My only complaint

I will say that my only complaint over the whole thing is merely this!...
GODDAMN Military Drill Weekends!!!!
Ha I'm just bummed I couldn't make it due to training this weekend and the air force base.

2 cents.
Everyone just drop it guys!!! Ok, from just reading stuff on here everyone has their minds made up in the direction they want to view it. Its over, **** happened, whatever. Its like throwing a party walking down stairs the next days and realizing all the stuff that happened and needing to clean it up. Your gonna be like, never again man....and where'd my internet router go?!?!?!!?
But come next thursday..... IM SEXY AND I KNOW IT!!!!
Boom - D1 PSP Boom, Boom...Skeet, Skeet
Team Boom
Old 02-13-2012, 12:28 PM #72
Skibba

Skibba is playing at Living Legends VII
Skibba owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Skibba is an NCPA player
Skibba plays in the APPA D5 division
I had a good time at the event and didn't hear of any issues until after the fact so I'm not going to comment on any of those, since I don't have anywhere near the full story.

I would like to say that I think everyone recognizes that AA loses business since they host the tournament for us. With that regard I talked to and saw some of the open play people/parents stay and watch the tournament because they wanted to see what it was like. I think that this is great for both AA (seen as a good deed/publicity) and for the NCPA (public awareness) since many don't know that the NCPA exists.
Not everyone may agree with how the event was ran, but it happens.
However, when there is a feeback thread, I think whatever feedback is given should be treated with respect, and not dismissed if it goes against what you think.
I want paintball to keep getting larger, and the NCPA does a great job helping with that. AA also does by having a location where people can go to play in the winter if they want to.

That's just my opinion.

Anyhow, congrats to the teams that did well, and hopefully everyone else had fun.

Team Akkadian Paintball Team
Proudly Sponsored by Midwest Custom Paintball, La Crosse, WI
http://www.midwestcustompaintball.com/

Need any 3-D CAD work done? Send me a PM!

UW-Platteville Paintball Club; Alumni/2013 Nationals Coach
2013 NCPA National AND Season Champions

Originally posted by neftaly: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Old 02-13-2012, 02:42 PM #73
AAF

Annual Supporting Member
AAF is an Premier field/store owner
AAF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Legend_Balla_W View Post
Ha I'm just bummed I couldn't make it due to training this weekend and the air force base.

2 cents.
Everyone just drop it guys!!! Ok, from just reading stuff on here everyone has their minds made up in the direction they want to view it. Its over, **** happened, whatever. Its like throwing a party walking down stairs the next days and realizing all the stuff that happened and needing to clean it up. Your gonna be like, never again man....and where'd my internet router go?!?!?!!?
I like this guy. I think he would make a great business professional. At the very least, he's got the second part greenlit so he's half-way there already.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:55 PM #74
lineskier8126

lineskier8126 plays in the PSP
lineskier8126 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lineskier8126 is an NCPA player
lineskier8126 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Its like throwing a party walking down stairs the next days and realizing all the stuff that happened and needing to clean it up. Your gonna be like, never again man....and where'd my internet router go?!?!?!!?
^

IM SEXY AND I KNOW IT!!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:12 PM #75
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is All In
Quote:

2 cents.
Richard you are not sexy... And I know it Haha jk. Wish you could have came and played with us
Old 02-13-2012, 05:12 PM #76
Syrup49

Syrup49 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Syrup49 is an NCPA player
Syrup49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Syrup49 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thank you Brent for a great event. Extend an awesome thank you to the refs as well. They were on the ball it seemed like all night. Every time I asked for a paint check there was a ref right there. Very nicely run over all event!!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:46 PM #77
jackjcc
Super man does GOOD!

jackjcc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jackjcc is an NCPA player
jackjcc plays in the APPA D4 division
Martin, you should act like a professional player and not argue with the refs. Plenty of players understand not to argue with the refs, and citing your experience with 15 PSP events means nothing. Be the example as the MWN president please.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:53 PM #78
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjcc View Post
Martin, you should act like a professional player and not argue with the refs. Plenty of players understand not to argue with the refs, and citing your experience with 15 PSP events means nothing. Be the example as the MWN president please.
I wasnt arguing simply stating my case as any player would do and it has done to me thousands of times. I wasnt trying to get my penalty reversed. Simply just notifying him of the situation and the rules as this case was not a normal easy call and can easily be miscalled. (I did this in a calm and respective fashion)

The part that I started to get mad about was when the Ref went on a POWER high and started to yell and swear at me and drop the F BOMB 3 times within 30 seconds of talking to me..

It was when he explained the call in a RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL manner (also the wrong call but I wasnt trying to get it reversed) and I knew he was in the wrong and had made the wrong call, I had to state why I knew what I was talking about or he probably wouldnt believe me (turns out it doesnt matter to him anyways). He however then stated " I dont ****ing care". Great professionalism right there....

Point is I WAS NOT arguing the call or trying to get the call reversed. I talked to him in a respectful professional manner and he instead raised his voice and started dropping the F bomb. That I will not stand for, and I will make sure people like that will NOT be reffing any NCPA events that I am apart of again. I dont treat ANY player like that when I ref and always make sure to be polite when explaining calls. I also dont treat ANY player like that in this conference.

Last edited by Ion103 : 02-13-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:46 PM #79
EvanMcCann

EvanMcCann plays in the PSP
EvanMcCann is an NCPA player
EvanMcCann plays in the APPA D4 division
So, who went on the heavy campaign deleting all the gold posted in this thread? I could have sworn SOPA got thrown out...
IOWA STATE CYCLONES #420
Tau Kappa Epsilon - Epsilon Chapter
PLANET ECLIPSE GUERRILLA AIR

Break Necks. Cash Checks. Have Sex
Old 02-13-2012, 07:56 PM #80
jackjcc
Super man does GOOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion103 View Post
I wasnt arguing simply stating my case as any player would do and it has done to me thousands of times. I wasnt trying to get my penalty reversed. Simply just notifying him of the situation and the rules as this case was not a normal easy call and can easily be miscalled. (I did this in a calm and respective fashion)

The part that I started to get mad about was when the Ref went on a POWER high and started to yell and swear at me and drop the F BOMB 3 times within 30 seconds of talking to me..

It was when he explained the call in a RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL manner (also the wrong call but I wasnt trying to get it reversed) and I knew he was in the wrong and had made the wrong call, I had to state why I knew what I was talking about or he probably wouldnt believe me (turns out it doesnt matter to him anyways). He however then stated " I dont ****ing care". Great professionalism right there....

Point is I WAS NOT arguing the call or trying to get the call reversed. I talked to him in a respectful professional manner and he instead raised his voice and started dropping the F bomb. That I will not stand for, and I will make sure people like that will NOT be reffing any NCPA events that I am apart of again. I dont treat ANY player like that when I ref and always make sure to be polite when explaining calls. I also dont treat ANY player like that in this conference.
You came to us, you persisted to ask us why, we told you why, and then you gave us a bull**** excuse how you were right. That's the story every cheater caught says to the reff. I couldn't see the hit is bs, if you can't see it, you can't in any right mind continue to play, whether you asked for a paint check or not.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 PM #81
jackjcc
Super man does GOOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanMcCann View Post
So, who went on the heavy campaign deleting all the gold posted in this thread? I could have sworn SOPA got thrown out...
legit, this post has lost a lot of posts.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:34 PM #82
molybdenum
Aspiring Ninja

Is all this drama exclusive to MWN or is the whole NCPA like this?

I've only been here a year, and it wasn't quite a friendly as I expected out of a league that offers no prizes...
Old 02-13-2012, 08:36 PM #83
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjcc View Post
You came to us, you persisted to ask us why, we told you why, and then you gave us a bull**** excuse how you were right. That's the story every cheater caught says to the reff. I couldn't see the hit is bs, if you can't see it, you can't in any right mind continue to play, whether you asked for a paint check or not.
If you had let me explain my case after the game you would have seen it wasnt that way. But instead you stood by your call (which is good and fine by me), but wouldnt let me explain myself. Instead you talked over me raising your voices and started yelling and swearing. Regardless of me trying to explain myself after the game was done, the refs shouldnt of been so rude and disrespectful.

I dont care about the call. What I do care is the way you treated me, my players, and the countless of other players I had come to me complaining how disrespectful and rude the refs were to them (i had to even bring it up to brent). Just because players are trying to figure out what happened by asking you, doesnt give refs the right to be swear and yell at players AFTER THE GAME. I dont care what the call is.

Like I said, I dont care about the call. I care about how it was handled by the refs after the game had finished.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:57 PM #84
cheney0110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion103 View Post

There are 2 for 1's for calling for a paint check. Nice try buddy. I mean shouldn't you know the rules after 15 PSP events and all? Like Rahl said there are 2 for 1's for asking for a paint check. Sorry the refs were out there doing their jobs.
Closed Thread