Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-12-2012, 04:51 PM #22
irishcman

irishcman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Vein Throbber View Post
Did you put the stock parts back in?
I have not put the stock parts back in ... not really interested in returning to stock parts. I want to make what I bought work. Plus I know the stock parts are going to work as the gun wasn't having this problem before I put in the new bolt/ram.
irishcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2012, 05:58 PM #23
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

has been a member for 10 years
Sometimes aftermarket parts are not really upgrades my man. I would rather have a working, reliable marker, with stock parts if need be, than some tricked out gun that is going to break paint. Now I still feel like there may be more than one culprit here. I am not sold on that Hush bolt yet, and just cannot decide whether it is more trouble than it is worth. My TechT stuff in my REV-i is great, but that bolt has given them trouble in more than one way since they released it for the FX. Just my .02
rottensquad07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:43 PM #24
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
My TechT bolt had to be custom molded to fit my FX's breach... Just sayin

I'm believing it's the detents still because I ran that exact setup but with the supplied detents and never broke a ball whether it be old or new.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:49 PM #25
Rastven

I've owned 2, no fitment issues at all.
Rastven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:33 PM #26
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
Well Rastven you are severely outnumbered in this issue. More people have issues with the bolt than people have had none.

My only true gripe about the TechT bolt is if you ever wanted to get your bolt pin out... Good luck.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 PM #27
samwf
(Insert witty quote here)

samwf is an NCPA player
samwf has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcman View Post
I have not put the stock parts back in ... not really interested in returning to stock parts. I want to make what I bought work. Plus I know the stock parts are going to work as the gun wasn't having this problem before I put in the new bolt/ram.
i had the same problem when i upgraded like u. The detents are a problem bc the ball is rolling forward. But Im sure it's also your paint. The hush bolt is really picky with paint, u cant use cheaper rec paint with it.

Like us on facebook!
samwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:59 PM #28
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
I'm tellin ya man. You will almost have to take your hand at cutting those detents.

I have a picture of my FX's detents laying around. I'll find it for you so you know about where to cut it.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:02 PM #29
samwf
(Insert witty quote here)

samwf is an NCPA player
samwf has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvveak View Post
I'm tellin ya man. You will almost have to take your hand at cutting those detents.

I have a picture of my FX's detents laying around. I'll find it for you so you know about where to cut it.
he's using the DP offset detents, not the techt ones. he just has them in backwards. Or r u talking to me about needing to cut mine shorter?

Like us on facebook!
samwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:04 PM #30
Shru

Quote:
My only true gripe about the TechT bolt is if you ever wanted to get your bolt pin out... Good luck.
take a heavy duty paper clip, straighten it out, insert alongside the pin and push down the spring while pulling up the bolt pin....time to do this 5 seconds.
Shru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:25 PM #31
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shru View Post
take a heavy duty paper clip, straighten it out, insert alongside the pin and push down the spring while pulling up the bolt pin....time to do this 5 seconds.
If the smallest allen key in the entire set hardly fits beside the bolt pin, I doubt that paperclip would.

@Sam - Was talking about him probably needing to use the supplied detents and cut them.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:28 PM #32
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
My FX's detents. These are the supplied ones with the Hush Bolt cut down. Not one break.

Sorry for it not focusing, for whatever reason it would just refuse to. You basically just got off the little finger part of it down to the round mound they got going there.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:39 PM #33
Shru

Quote:
If the smallest allen key in the entire set hardly fits beside the bolt pin, I doubt that paperclip would.
I don't understand, when someone gives you good advice, you negate it...
I have done this myself, Justicexd is the person that did it as well to my bolt right infront of me at his house.....

Other people that read and even browse this forum, might actually have more experience in these markers than you think...
Shru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:51 AM #34
Rastven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shru View Post
I don't understand, when someone gives you good advice, you negate it...
I have done this myself, Justicexd is the person that did it as well to my bolt right infront of me at his house.....

Other people that read and even browse this forum, might actually have more experience in these markers than you think...
Getting the pin out is always fun but I have always done it without having to resort to destructive techniques.
I think some peoples failure with the Techt bolt has as much to do with user error as it does with anything Techt has done. That's not to say they aren't blameless however, the detent cut down is kinda stupid, they should have had detents molded and produced to work with the bolt without the end user having to cut them.
Rastven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:40 AM #35
justicexd
mowing faces since '83

Quote:
Well Rastven you are severely outnumbered in this issue. More people have issues with the bolt than people have had none.
...and how do know that? I guess you have the numbers on how many bolts they sold vs how many complaints they have.

Quote:

You can't let that bolt out smart ya there tvveak... Next time use a paper clip.
justicexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:58 AM #36
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
I had an issue with my TechT bolt in my Fx. Talk to TechT, it will require you send your FX to them, but turn around wasn't that bad. The guys at TechT had to deepen the grooves the O rings sat in, the "stock" O ring groove cause a clearence issue with the o rings leading to my problem of "Chop city" as well.

Once they customed the bolt to my Fx, zero issues since.

This also happened to atleast one other Fx owner here, and he did pretty much the same thing. I did pick up the shipping to techt but they didn't charge to fix the bolt or sending it back to me.

Edit: If memory serves I could feel the tighness in fitting the TechT bolt (pre them fixing it... & I could feel the drag) into my marker vs. stock bolt (smooth hardly any drag).

Last edited by NargofWoV : 02-13-2012 at 11:03 AM.
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote